mebaran
    Con los terroristas
    mebaran's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 330

NFC North most exciting division race in football?

Is it going to come down to the last game?

Packers Schedule: Bears Schedule:

Wk 13 vs 49ers -------- @ Lions
    Wk 14 @ Lions -------- vs Patriots
    Wk 15 @ Patriots -------- @ Vikings
    Wk 16 vs Giants -------- vs Jets
    Wk 17 vs Bears -------- @ Packers

Bears have a 1 game lead, but have 3 away games. Packers have 3 home games.

Thoughts? I can see a lot of stuff happening at the end here. Every game is crucial here.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

I see the Bears winning the next 4 and resting for week 17 when the division & playoff seeding is already locked up for them.

The Packers only need to lose 1, which will probably either be @ Pats or Giants, and they might not even make the playoffs.

Augustus
    Augustus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

The bears are going into hibernation and lose the last 5 games. Since 1989, the bears are 8-35 SU on the road in the December, beating Lions (4X), Rams (2X), Redskins (1X) and Packers (1X). Don't expect them to beat Patriots and Jets at home.

mighty maron
    USA Bra over 2.5
    mighty maron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 85

The NFC south is where it is at LOL.

Augustus
    Augustus's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20

Quote Originally Posted by mighty maron View Post
    The NFC south is where it is at LOL.
    Are you sure?

mebaran
    Con los terroristas

I have a feeling by week 15, it may be evened up again. Watch the Lions try screwing it up. They're actually not too bad of a football team anymore. They aren't a guaranteed win anymore.

It's just strange because I can see both teams going 1-4, or winning out...

mebaran
    Con los terroristas

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
    The bears are going into hibernation and lose the last 5 games. Since 1989, the bears are 8-35 SU on the road in the December, beating Lions (4X), Rams (2X), Redskins (1X) and Packers (1X). Don't expect them to beat Patriots and Jets at home.
    Stats like these are bad data. This year's team is different than last year's, etc, etc. we had some bad teams in the early 90s, so this data doesn't mean a thing.

Bottom line is that the Packers and the Bears are both playing great football, especially defensively. I'm actually very impressed by Green Bay's defense this year.

d2bets
    d2bets's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 21677

The loser of this will get a WC spot I think. I think the East loser will get shutout. WC will be Saints/Falcons loser and the Bears/Pack loser.

Tiebreakers could get real interesting in this race. If both teams win their next 4, the Bears actually don't own the tiebreaker and would need to win in GB. Bears need Pack to lose, preferably to a divisional team (Det) or secondarily an NFC team (SF, NYG).

Barnes01
    Barnes01's Avatar Become A Pro!

Definitely the best race in all of football is in the NFC South, you have 3 teams that will finish around 10-6 or better. Best division in football too, to date anyways.

ttrace35
    ttrace35's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1782

Jets/pats

KingJIM
    KingJIM's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Barnes01 View Post
    Definitely the best race in all of football is in the NFC South, you have 3 teams that will finish around 10-6 or better. Best division in football too, to date anyways.
    Don't think Tampa Bay is legit. They haven't beat a winning team and will probably fade during December. They are young and might be contenders in next few years. Also the division owns the worst team in football-Panthers.

NFC North race might come down to Detroit. GB versus Giants could also have strong wild card implications. If Green Bay wins they probably have shot a division but might give Bears wildcard with that win.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Augustus View Post
    I'd lay 100-1 that the Bears don't lose their last 5 games.

Since 1989?! You went back to the start of the dark ages of the Bears franchise with Ditka's fall, then Wannstedt and Jauron. Even Lovie took a year to straighten things out and even had a couple brutal injury plagued seasons after their Super Bowl run. This year is injury free and free of Dave Wannstedt.

Also, my stats show the Bears are 15-9 in December/January since the 2005 season. (11-3 @ home, 4-6 on the road)

Also, you say that the Bears can only beat the Lions on the road in December? Guess what? That's one of their games!

Why don't you talk about what the Bears do at home in December? Because that wouldn't help your argument one bit.

hubie69
    I am JJs bookie
    hubie69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 617

Quote Originally Posted by KingJIM View Post
    Don't think Tampa Bay is legit. They haven't beat a winning team and will probably fade during December. They are young and might be contenders in next few years. Also the division owns the worst team in football-Panthers.

NFC North race might come down to Detroit. GB versus Giants could also have strong wild card implications. If Green Bay wins they probably have shot a division but might give Bears wildcard with that win.
    Correction, the Arizona cardinals are the worst team in football. There, fixed that for you.