kobebryant55
    kobebryant55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 668

STICKY please everyone read this before posting on SBR

Ok, I have not been on this forum for a long time (hardly not as long as other people so I will not brag or think I'm a big shot because quite frankly I'm not) ;however, I feel that there are a certain few things that should decrease if not just totally stop.

1. The lock word. We all do it sometimes BUT we all know there is no such thing as a lock. Plus when you say that something is a lock and it loses that gives everyone in the world (apparently) the right to respond with "oh good job idiot, real nice lock your dumb," and a bunch of other stupid ignorant phrases.
    2. Square. If someone wants to bet the favorite every game, that's there business. No team goes undefeated in sports and anyone with a half a brain knows that. Therefore, if they want to pick the same favorite at -21 every game so be it. No need to call everyone a square. Just because you checked accuscore and your excel sheet of stats doesn't mean that someone taking the Jets/Pats/Steelers/etcetc at -4 is a square.
    3. This is also related to number two and more of a continuation;however, if a team that is really good and a favorite is only favored by 4-5 there is no need to immediately yell at everyone on sbr and say oh my god its a trap game, the bookies are begging you to take this game. 8/10 times the favorite will win by 30 and no one will hear you say anything else; however those other 2/10 times the underdog does cover we have to hear you yell about how sharp you are and how everyone is a square because you knew the bookies were tempting us and it was "a trap"
    4. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't lie about how much you placed on a team. When you take time out of your day to post a new thread and say your on a team for 100,000,000 units we know your lieing unless your referring to monopoly units. That's just disrespectful and childish to everyone who is on sbr. (Especially if you say that 4 weeks in a row and are 0-4)
    5. Please respect everyone's opinion. If you think there wrong GIVE A VALID EXCUSE OR FACTUAL EVIDENCE, not my system says this and im sharp your a square. That is retarted, everyone wants to win, if you provide a good fact/stat/ and approach the other poster like a man, guess what? maybe they'll agree and change their mind and at least respect you.
    6. Respect everyone have fun and win.. BOL
    Points Awarded:

kcDdegenerate gave kobebryant55 10 SBR Point(s) for this post.

slacker00 gave kobebryant55 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 5 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: slacker00, ClimbSomeRocks, Waterstpub87, Slate, and Pete0

kcDdegenerate
    kcDdegenerate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Pap45murF
    Pap45murF's Avatar Become A Pro!

That being said, I must point out that the favored Colts are a LOCK to win tonight. So much so that I was going to be all of my 700,000 dollar bankroll until I realize what an obvious trap it was. My secret system and accuscore both confirm that you must go all in on the Chargers or you are a n00b retard.

kobebryant55

Quote Originally Posted by Pap45murF View Post
    That being said, I must point out that the favored Colts are a LOCK to win tonight. So much so that I was going to be all of my 700,000 dollar bankroll until I realize what an obvious trap it was. My secret system and accuscore both confirm that you must go all in on the Chargers or you are a n00b retard.

HAHAHAH LOLOL WELL PLAYED HAHAHAHAH

ebbearsfb1
    ebbearsfb1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1694

Lol best thread on sbr.. and great comment papsurf... when I first started reading it... I was u gotta be kidding me this jackass disrespect what kobe said..... but very well played

Beachdude83
    Beachdude83's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 170

I CAN SAY WHATEVER I WANT!!! Did I mention that I have connections to the mafia and spend many of my younger years hanging with the highest rollers in Vegas?? TEXANS ARE A LOCK!

antifoil
    Update your status
    antifoil's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6611

you got some data on this 80 percent cover by the favorite on "trap" games? sounds like a money maker.

falconticket
    falconticket's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1762

Funny. And true

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

Totally square thread!!!

Don't fall for the trap, the thread is a total lock of the eon to be ignored

and you can trust me, Im putting 200% of my bankroll on this

sucka!

big0mar
    SINGLE-DECK BLACKJACK
    big0mar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3002

1. Please respect everyone's opinion. If you think there wrong GIVE A VALID EXCUSE OR FACTUAL EVIDENCE, not my system says this and im sharp your a square. That is retarted, everyone wants to win, if you provide a good fact/stat/ and approach the other poster like a man, guess what? maybe they'll agree and change their mind and at least respect you.

Is that what you think this place is for? Trying to help people?

DuncHen22
    DuncHen22's Avatar Become A Pro!

That list is good except #2 and #3. There are such things as square bets and traps. Usually you can catch these by looking at the line movements and percentage of people on a certain side. I'll see some games where 69% of the public is on the favorite but the line hasn't budged half a point. This means the sharps are putting all of their money on the other side and it's probably the smarter bet. One thing I've learned is if something looks too good to be true, it probably is. I don't know the actual percentages but I know the favorite does NOT win 80% of the time in that situation.

kobebryant55

Quote Originally Posted by DuncHen22 View Post
    That list is good except #2 and #3. There are such things as square bets and traps. Usually you can catch these by looking at the line movements and percentage of people on a certain side. I'll see some games where 69% of the public is on the favorite but the line hasn't budged half a point. This means the sharps are putting all of their money on the other side and it's probably the smarter bet. One thing I've learned is if something looks too good to be true, it probably is. I don't know the actual percentages but I know the favorite does NOT win 80% of the time in that situation.
    Yeah its certainly not 80% no where close. If i had to actually intelligently guess i'd say its closer to 57%.
    As far as what someone else said about this post above about locks and square betting of course there is such thing but some people just take it WAY too far. Further, they only call someone a square and say there sharp conveniently after the game is over so who knows if they actually made that play or not.. thats like looking at the answers on the tests and than saying oh see its a trick question you idiot i told you!

antifoil
    Update your status

i tell you what i find really stupid that is done here all the time. when people intentionally misspell something because they think it is clever when they really seem like an deep south redneck hillbilly. calling romo, homo. calling the cowboys, the cowgirls. calling roethlisberger, rapelessburger. calling the colts, the clits. calling vick, convicted.

antifoil
    Update your status

you got data on that 57 percent?

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

I wish people were respectful, but some ATL circlejerkers are turning this forumn into a toilet bowl for everybody to piss in.

kobebryant55

i mean lets be real, we're all adults everyone in real life doesn't get along this is not barney i love you, you love me. but show respect and dont be ignorant. if you dont agree with somone's bet dont take it thats it.. no dumb fights

C-Gold
    C-Gold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 843

Tell those hicks in Atlanta not to be ignorant. Ignorance and hate is in their bloodstream.

kobebryant55

PS moment of silence for Leslie Neilsen . RIP

antifoil
    Update your status

more like falcunts, am i rite?

DuncHen22
    DuncHen22's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by kobebryant55 View Post

Yeah its certainly not 80% no where close. If i had to actually intelligently guess i'd say its closer to 57%.
    As far as what someone else said about this post above about locks and square betting of course there is such thing but some people just take it WAY too far. Further, they only call someone a square and say there sharp conveniently after the game is over so who knows if they actually made that play or not.. thats like looking at the answers on the tests and than saying oh see its a trick question you idiot i told you!
    I agree. The terms are used way too much, and people on here love hindsight.

Also, on the topic of using way too many units: I'd love to see SBR use some sort of record thing on under people's user names when they post. I know some people put it in their signature and some people use the betting spreadsheet but both are easily manipulated. I wish there was a setting that you could implement showing your betpoints picks. Obviously it's just fake money but at least the games lock and you have a limited amount of points you can use.

Slate
    Slate's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Pap45murF View Post

lol me too

Pap45murF
    Pap45murF's Avatar Become A Pro!

The strange thing is... since the Chargers dominated, my rant now looks like the work of a betting mastermind. I'll post another satirical matchup next week and if I win, my "system" will be 100% !!!

cant call it
    BAMA UP!!!
    cant call it's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 455

Oh yeah did I mention I established the first mafia in the united states and I know the score of next years rose bowl game?