bigboydan
    bigboydan's Avatar Become A Pro!

Packers release Koren Robinson

I don't think anyone here is really surprised by this move at all.

Packers release Koren Robinson

11 minutes ago

GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP)—The Green Bay Packers have released Koren Robinson, the wide receiver whose struggles with alcohol led to an NFL suspicion and jail time.

The team announced his release Friday.

Robinson completed a one-year suspension for violating the NFL’s substance abuse policy in October. He also has served jail time for a high-speed chase with police in Minnesota in 2006. But he appeared to put his troubles behind him, impressing teammates with his work ethic and efforts to stay clean.

He had 21 catches for 241 yards and one touchdown in nine games last season. Green Bay signed him in 2006.

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

After the Packers' top draft pick was a WR, I guess it was just a matter of time. Koren was a solid contributor in 2008 with his special teams duties, as well as working his way into a very talented & healthy WR corps. Plus no noise off the field from him. Somebody will pick him up. GB was just too deep at WR to have room for him.

McBa1n
    Update your status
    McBa1n's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 523

It's a drag they let him go. I think he would've been more productive next season. His is a good story of an elite talent falling by the wayside. Favre stuck up for him for years and wanted to play with him in the worst way. It's a shame injuries/arrests for DUI and alcohol abuse ruined his career. I hope he lands somewhere and gets a chance to play - he's still got some wiggle left and can make plays. His hands have also improved SIGNIFICANTLY from his all-pro days.

It's amazing you can cut a guy like Koren due to 'over-depth'... Dang GB has a lot of wideouts.

Hellerud
    Hellerud's Avatar Become A Pro!

maybe we will get him back...