daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

NFL to move extra points to the 20 for the week 1 & 2 of the preseason

The NFL has approved an extension of the goalposts by five feet.

It's a simple change that's long overdue. Field goals won't sail over the uprights as often now, making it easier for referees to determine if a kick was good. Call it the Adam Carolla rule. In other rules news, moving the kickoff from the 35- to the 40-yard line and moving PATs back were both voted down. However, the league will experiment with PATs from the 20-yard line during Weeks 1 and 2 of the preseason.

konck
    Listen the toilet is flushing
    konck's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2311

Why mess with something that works

marcoloco
    marcoloco's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9132

the extra point attempt is close to irrelevant. Hits close to 99% of the time... it would be cool to see something new done with it

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

NFL needs to relax

nvrlose37
    nvrlose37's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kickoff from the 40? That's got to be an awful joke. You'd see triple the amount of onside kicks from there mid game

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

Quote Originally Posted by daneblazer View Post
    The NFL has approved an extension of the goalposts by five feet.

moving the kickoff from the 35- to the 40-yard line and moving PATs back were both voted down.
    calm down people

they made the posts taller, nothing else changed for regular season

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by marcoloco View Post
    the extra point attempt is close to irrelevant. Hits close to 99% of the time... it would be cool to see something new done with it
    Agree. They should make them kick it from a point in line with where the touchdown was scored.

Would add an extra element of strategy trying to TD closer to the posts as well as make the extra point less certain.

Might make teams who score out wide go for the 2 points more often too.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2380

as a gambler

i'd rather not have more variability built into the bets.

I don't want kickers and angles to be part of my capping experience. I want the o-lines, d-lines, skill players and real athletes to determine the outcome more than anything

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    as a gambler

I don't want kickers and angles to be part of my capping experience. I want the o-lines, d-lines, skill players and real athletes to determine the outcome more than anything
    Exactly, the extra point is irrelevant and should stay that way. NFL trying to get cute with all these dumb new rules, play the game like it should be played and all is well. I know this is about the goal posts, which is fine...makes the job easier for the refs. Nothing wrong with that but these other proposals are moronic.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9194

Quote Originally Posted by Chi_archie View Post
    as a gambler

I'm sure you could learn to cap for it just as well, and any fundamental change should be a short to medium term advantage to a capper really. If you can analyze it better and adjust for it faster than the public/books.

ThaTopMoron
    Body-Bags
    ThaTopMoron's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6892

team drives 85 yards in final 1:15 of game... TD with 4 seconds left! this game is going to overtime!!! awesome... no, wait... nevermind... kicker just missed the 37 yard extra point

yeah... this is what the fans want to see

fukkn stupid league

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5536

this league gets dumber and dumber every day. the stupid idea to eliminate it completely was way smarter then this one is, so if someone celebrates and gets a 15 yard penalty could we see a 52 yard extra point lmao.

Cuse0323

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    this league gets dumber and dumber every day. the stupid idea to eliminate it completely was way smarter then this one is, so if someone celebrates and gets a 15 yard penalty could we see a 52 yard extra point lmao.
    could happen the dumbest shit is the touching the QB in the helmet crap, remember Peyton getting tapped and completely gave the game to them versus whoever they were playing...of course I lost on that one but still. Not sure if that's still the rule, I don't even wake up to watch games anymore...shit is a joke.