dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

Quote Originally Posted by frostno98 View Post
    Good gamble, don't listen to these other idiots. Gambling is what it is gambling. If you win great, lose big deal. These fools here act like they always make the right gambling decision, I say all them, every single one of them give whatever they made profit wise right back. You have the #1 offense returning and defense that has the potentially nightmarishly good. If the Broncos are fully healthy by playoff time no way anyone in the AFC beats them.

Good points.

Guys are acting like this is a -900 rather then a 9 to 1 long shot.

I can see this bet down to 4 to 1 or 5 to 1 by August.. so if thats the case, ill take 9 to 1 all day esp considering how weak the AFC is..

On a separate note.... Sproles to the birds! gonna be dangerous

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by dlunc3 View Post
    Good points.

Guys are acting like this is a -900 rather then a 9 to 1 long shot.

I can see this bet down to 4 to 1 or 5 to 1 by August.. so if thats the case, ill take 9 to 1 all day esp considering how weak the AFC is..

On a separate note.... Sproles to the birds! gonna be dangerous
    I'm looking at the schedule and it's no joke. DEN faces the NFC West this year, maybe opening @SEA?! Yikes.

Then again, the NFL might help DEN manufacture some easy early wins to sell the hype? I'd sell this off ASAP.

Smoke
    Smoke's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1510

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!
    sweep's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2457

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

This is not a good bet.

Denver won't win shit next year. They missed their chance.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    This is not a good bet.

Denver won't win shit next year. They missed their chance.
    value bet-- is all about hedging opportunity

obviously sf or sea is the favorite to win it.. also why they are only 5 to 1.. they also have to go through a much tougher AFC..

Who is going to be a favorite vs den in the playoffs in the afc? should be able to hedge by betting large underdogs

dlunc3

tougher nfc*

dlunc3

basically the same as betting a 15-20 pt underdog on the ml in college bball.. obviously not expected to win.. and in the college bball case, they really have no chance to win and you also have no chance to hedge. Denver obviously has a great chance to get back to the big game and also there should be great opportunities to hedge.

Only factor that could make this a bad bet is the peyton injury risk.. if not, you will not find anything even close to this value on a 9 to 1 long shot bet

Smoke

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: darkhat

t-wizzle

value bet-- is all about hedging opportunity

obviously sf or sea is the favorite to win it.. also why they are only 5 to 1.. they also have to go through a much tougher AFC..

Who is going to be a favorite vs den in the playoffs in the afc? should be able to hedge by betting large underdogs
    If you get a hedge opportunity take it. I really believe Denver is not going to win.

Ted Sheckler
    Ted Sheckler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 78

If you get a hedge opportunity take it. I really believe Denver is not going to win.

That was his plan all along.
    Hoping they make the playoffs (with a first round bye) And then hedging every game.

He's already stated he doesn't think they'll win. I think he said he believes niners or seattle wins again.
    Don't know why people say it's a terrible bet for hedging purposes. Manning plays really good during the season, falls apart during playoffs, that's good enough for this bet.

Smoke

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

You can beat closers all day erry day on futures and $-lines....bottom line is, you still gotta win. Not the same as getting the best of it on point spread closers

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by sweep View Post
    You can beat closers all day erry day on futures and $-lines....bottom line is, you still gotta win. Not the same as getting the best of it on point spread closers
    Exactly and that is the only point I'm making here. I think the bet is a stone cold loser but if he can hedge and profit then go for it. Of course to hedge he needs them to at least be one of the last few teams remaining which is no guarantee.

sweep
    USA! USA! USA!

Exactly and that is the only point I'm making here. I think the bet is a stone cold loser but if he can hedge and profit then go for it. Of course to hedge he needs them to at least be one of the last few teams remaining which is no guarantee.
    way better ways to invest a nickel over 11 months IMO....

darkhat
    darkhat's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2882

dlunc3

Much more of a guarantee then 9 to 1 though... Probably more of a guarantee then even 2-1 to get to the afc championship

WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Good value. Good bet. Guys in this thread are jealous. $500 is more than most these guys bet in a year.

dlunc3

way better ways to invest a nickel over 11 months IMO....
    All relative... Nickel is 1.5 units for me.. it just gives me a fun rooting interest in an afc team once my eagles disappoint again. While also giving me a great shot (IMO) to make a few bucks. No downside to the bet and most of the value is already gone with the line down to 6-1... Worst case, this bet ends up just winning me my money back unless of course Peyton goes down. Best case is their 5 new pro bowl talents give a nice boost to a team that was already one of the best in football

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    Good value. Good bet. Guys in this thread are jealous. $500 is more than most these guys bet in a year.
    Unfortunately that's probably the sad truth. I shoulda posted a 500 sbr point bet so they could all personally relate

YouHave2outs
    YouHave2outs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 198

darkhat cares a lot.
    Points Awarded:

dlunc3 gave YouHave2outs 1 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: dlunc3

dvb02
    Update your status
    dvb02's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1790

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    Exactly!!

darkhat

Quote Originally Posted by YouHave2outs View Post
    darkhat cares a lot.
    you have been on sbr for 3 years and nobody knows who the fuk you are

take a lap kid...no time to deal with pizza bettors like yourself

darkhat

Points Awarded:

Smoke gave darkhat 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Smoke

Quote Originally Posted by darkhat View Post
    you have been on sbr for 3 years and nobody knows who the fuk you are

take a lap kid...no time to deal with pizza bettors like yourself

darkhat

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke View Post

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Sheckler View Post
    That was his plan all along.
    Hoping they make the playoffs (with a first round bye) And then hedging every game.

He's already stated he doesn't think they'll win. I think he said he believes niners or seattle wins again.
    Don't know why people say it's a terrible bet for hedging purposes. Manning plays really good during the season, falls apart during playoffs, that's good enough for this bet.
    Can you go through DEN's 2014 schedule for me and then explain how they get a bye?

Depending how the dates line up, there's a good chance their stock will fall starting week 1.

dlunc should sell 6-1 right now, if he can get a buyer.

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Can you go through DEN's 2014 schedule for me and then explain how they get a bye?

Depending how the dates line up, there's a good chance their stock will fall starting week 1.

dlunc should sell 6-1 right now, if he can get a buyer.

The afc is awful. If not den, which two teams are going to the get the byes? Going into last season, Denver's scheduled looked brutal just like it does this yr.. We know how that worked out

BriGuy
    BriGuy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4113

The afc is awful. If not den, which two teams are going to the get the byes? Going into last season, Denver's scheduled looked brutal just like it does this yr.. We know how that worked out
    There was absolutely nothing "brutal" looking about Denver's schedule going into or coming out of last year. They played the sad-sack NFC East and AFC South, not to mention the 3 perennial losers they face in their division.

dlunc3

Who gets the two byes in the afc?

And when you don't say the broncos, you really expect broncos to lose in the wild card round?

After you answer that, how much money do you have on the broncos under 11 win total?

frostno98
    frostno98's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 648

Which ever side the public is on Superbowl day, I don't care how good that team is they will lose. Unfortunately for Denver when the get back to the Superbowl the public more than likely ride them heavy again.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Broncos win total is only 11?

slacker00

Who gets the two byes in the afc?

And when you don't say the broncos, you really expect broncos to lose in the wild card round?

After you answer that, how much money do you have on the broncos under 11 win total?
    1. Colts & Pats. Colts have the #32 SOS, Pats get half their team back from IR.

2. Yes. It really depends of the match up, but I see a lot of teams going to DEN and winning.

3. The max. Broncos are an overvalued & old team.

packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3369

I wash my hands of Denver after the SB embarrasement. Manning had his shot and blew it royally,and the fact he could be offended that people called it an embarassement.,pisses me off even more.

You can waste your money man,I wont be making that mistake again.

First 12345 Last