BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Not a free agent signing but the Raiders are expected to acquire Matt Schaub for a late round pick.

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Mike vick is a jet !

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Vick still has something left but Schaub is awful.

BigSpoon
    Henlo

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    Mike vick is a jet !
    They need to add some more WR's for him. Decker is not enough.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpoon View Post
    They need to add some more WR's for him. Decker is not enough.
    Getting DeSean would be humongous.

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 170

So is Vick going to be the starter or is there to back up Geno Smith?

slacker00
    slacker00's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15653

Quote Originally Posted by Otters27 View Post
    So is Vick going to be the starter or is there to back up Geno Smith?
    I heard it's going to be an open competition.

Chi_archie
    GASPING FOR AIR
    Chi_archie's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2260

Lance Moore will do well with the steelers

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

Neither Vick or Smith will lead jets to the playoffs

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

Bad move by the Jets. They still run a circus up there.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley View Post
    If Sanchez could lead the Jets to consecutive AFC title games, anything is possible.

Wrigley

So what the latest on Jarred Allen, is the seattle deal still going to get done

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 249

Quote Originally Posted by Wrigley View Post
    The Jets will continue to be as big of a clown show as they have been for the past few years

LT Profits

Ravens considering Owen Daniels. Pitta and Daniels in two-tight-end sets sounds damn good.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Ravens considering Owen Daniels. Pitta and Daniels in two-tight-end sets sounds damn good.
    Maybe between the two of them, one of them can stay healthy.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by slacker00 View Post
    Maybe between the two of them, one of them can stay healthy.
    But if they do...

BigSpoon
    Henlo

Mark Sanchez to the Eagles is close, a great spot for him to revitalize his career.

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by BigSpoon View Post
    Mark Sanchez to the Eagles is close, a great spot for him to revitalize his career.
    While holding Foles' clipboard?

Vinnie Paz

Jared Allen decides to head to Chicago. Bears re built their d line this off-season and now have Allen and Lamar Houston as their ends, not too bad at all. Was needed after their embarrassing run defense. Now grab a corner or safety in the first and whichever you don't come back in the 2nd and take and suddenly the bears d has taken a massive leap

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Good info. What do you think about losing guys like Joseph, Tuck & Nicks? To me, losing Joseph is huge.
    Joseph by far is the biggest loss of the year. It's almost scary if you look at him and Barry Cofield a few years back. Both came in with not much acclaim and slowly but surely started grabbing respect game by game. They got too good to afford and had to leave. I would not sleep on Hankins though. He showed a lot of promise in limited opportunities last year and with a Jenkins/Hankins and the probable signing of Patterson we should be just fine.

Nicks was my favorite player but he really dogged it last year. I think he was trying to protect himself heading into FA but he really had a terrible year. No explosive plays and you can say he was banged up but who isn't in the NFL? He dropped passes at an alarmingly high rate towards the end of last year. Lack of focus I assume because he has performed at a high level since coming in. Cruz/Randle/Manningham is solid I guess but I am not oozing with confidence. Not to mention we don't have a tight end at the moment. We will see if Jerry makes my wet dream come true and goes Ebron/Landry in the first two rounds.

Tuck, thanks for the memories guy but his play has declined drastically. Yea, he had 11 sacks but all sacks were not created equal. He has been on decline despite being the heart and soul of the defense. Don't think we miss him too much but that is assuming JPP can step out of the hole he was in last year. Rolle is a great leader and Beason immediately grabbed hold of this defense at the end of last year. JPP/Kiwi/Moore should be just fine.

Expecting us to add TE, WR, OT, C, DE, LB, & RB in the draft. Jerry usually good at finding late gems so stay tuned.

BigSpoon
    Henlo

While holding Foles' clipboard?
    Yeah, absolutely. There are worse teams for him to go to, think he'll benefit from from working with Chip and going in with no pressure since he'll be backing up Foles.

His days as a starter are probably over but he could still have a nice career holding a clipboard.

slacker00

Quote Originally Posted by GiveMeaBJ View Post
    Joseph by far is the biggest loss of the year. It's almost scary if you look at him and Barry Cofield a few years back. Both came in with not much acclaim and slowly but surely started grabbing respect game by game. They got too good to afford and had to leave. I would not sleep on Hankins though. He showed a lot of promise in limited opportunities last year and with a Jenkins/Hankins and the probable signing of Patterson we should be just fine.

Nicks was my favorite player but he really dogged it last year. I think he was trying to protect himself heading into FA but he really had a terrible year. No explosive plays and you can say he was banged up but who isn't in the NFL? He dropped passes at an alarmingly high rate towards the end of last year. Lack of focus I assume because he has performed at a high level since coming in. Cruz/Randle/Manningham is solid I guess but I am not oozing with confidence. Not to mention we don't have a tight end at the moment. We will see if Jerry makes my wet dream come true and goes Ebron/Landry in the first two rounds.

Tuck, thanks for the memories guy but his play has declined drastically. Yea, he had 11 sacks but all sacks were not created equal. He has been on decline despite being the heart and soul of the defense. Don't think we miss him too much but that is assuming JPP can step out of the hole he was in last year. Rolle is a great leader and Beason immediately grabbed hold of this defense at the end of last year. JPP/Kiwi/Moore should be just fine.

Expecting us to add TE, WR, OT, C, DE, LB, & RB in the draft. Jerry usually good at finding late gems so stay tuned.
    Great analysis, thanks! Good point about the DT depth, I've always liked Jenkins & the Packers are STILL looking for his replacement 4 years later. As for WRs, what I saw from Randall I liked, with more seasoning there's huge potential. Giants seem to be a DE factory over the years, so maybe they can keep doing it, bringing up the young guys. TE situation should be interesting, that will be a key to solving the Eli "slump" riddle, I'll be watching the Giants in the draft.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

Actually happy as a quasi Raider fan with the Shaub signing. Had a bad year but he's not as bad as he looked.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Great analysis, thanks! Good point about the DT depth, I've always liked Jenkins & the Packers are STILL looking for his replacement 4 years later. As for WRs, what I saw from Randall I liked, with more seasoning there's huge potential. Giants seem to be a DE factory over the years, so maybe they can keep doing it, bringing up the young guys. TE situation should be interesting, that will be a key to solving the Eli "slump" riddle, I'll be watching the Giants in the draft.
    Yea, Jenkins was very impressive last year. Randle does have huge potential which is why he is so frustrating sometimes. He seems to still not have a grasp for Eli as at least once a game it seemed he was breaking off his route while Eli was looking to throw over the top leading to a ball thrown 20 yards over his head. Plax, Nicks, Cruz, Toomer, all knew exactly where Eli was looking. It's crucial in an offense with so many choice routes. DE factory is true and watch out for Moore this year. Guy was a beast in college and didn't get much playing time last year but made the most of his special teams opportunities which Coughlin loves to reward. I think with all our additions the strength of this team for once will be the defense. Still need to fill out a little depth here and there but I like the way things look.

Wrigley

Jared Allen decides to head to Chicago. Bears re built their d line this off-season and now have Allen and Lamar Houston as their ends, not too bad at all. Was needed after their embarrassing run defense. Now grab a corner or safety in the first and whichever you don't come back in the 2nd and take and suddenly the bears d has taken a massive leap
    This is a good sign for Bears Allen not a everyday down player anymore according to the Vikings we shall see

Vinnie Paz

So pending a physical mark sanchez is an eagle.

BigSpoon
    Henlo

Quote Originally Posted by Cuse0323 View Post
    Actually happy as a quasi Raider fan with the Shaub signing. Had a bad year but he's not as bad as he looked.
    He had to leave Houston thats for sure. He'll be a slight upgrade but wonder if the Raiders will still take a QB with their 1st rounder in the draft.

Wrigley

So pending a physical mark sanchez is an eagle.
    The rest of the NFC has to be happy

LT Profits

Knowshon Moreno to the Dolphins

LT Profits

Jones-Drew to the Raiders. So now the Raiders have added Jones-Drew, James Jones, defensive ends Justin Tuck and LaMarr Woodley and QB Matt Schaub this off-season.

LT Profits

LeGarrette Blount to the Steelers

slacker00

Jones-Drew to the Raiders. So now the Raiders have added Jones-Drew, James Jones, defensive ends Justin Tuck and LaMarr Woodley and QB Matt Schaub this off-season.
    I thought Al Davis was gone, why are they loading up on deadwood?

Reminds me of the Rich Gannon, Jerry Rice and Bill Romanowski twilight years.

LT Profits

I thought Al Davis was gone, why are they loading up on deadwood?

Reminds me of the Rich Gannon, Jerry Rice and Bill Romanowski twilight years.
    I kind of like James Jones, but other than that, yeah.

BigSpoon
    Henlo

Where does DeSean Jackson go to? The Jets, Raiders or some other team?

Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 170

If jets get him they could make the playoffs if Vick has one more comeback in him. His time is starting to run out though.

First 12345 Last