Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Lions -5 Best Bet For the Early Games Sunday

Line has jumped almost 2 points the past few days. Lions will dismantle one team this year like they did to the Broncos last year. I personally thought that would be TENN but I will take a team from the same division--Jax. This game has all the makings of a beat down.

I don't know JAX team very well but Gabbert is below average. Cecil Shorts is a good WR and Blackman is average. No Jones Drew again this week and I don't think JAX will be able to sustain enough drives to hang with the Lions offense.

Calvin is listed as Q but you better believe he will play and will have a big game too. DET picked up Mike Thomas too from JAX and he should be activated for tomorrow. DET is starting to pick it up slowly and this is their break out game, watch.

The Lions mostly don't show up til the 4th Q but JAX just doesn't have the offense to threaten the Lions. I see a lot of punts and DET will have plenty of opportunities to get in a rhythm early.

$440 on the Lions -5 -110

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

dont do it goaty...jennings not huge downgrade at rb and offers lots of things as he versatile,,gabbert has shown some improvement as of late, kinda surprises me as i watched him a ton in college and thought they were crazy drafting him in top 10..i got late start on week so still have some work to do but just dont see this as a great bet...

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Do you always intentionally wait to get the worse line possible, or is it just a coincidence?

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

Real question. Have you ever not thought the lions were the best bet on board? You say this every week.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by jnickell100 View Post
    Real question. Have you ever not thought the lions were the best bet on board? You say this every week.
    many times that goaty didnt think det was the best bet, of coarse pats on a bye this week

onacloud
    onacloud's Avatar Become A Pro!

Goat I like the play actually and Thomas will be an good addition I can't believe Jax let him go

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.
    MUHerd37's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10678

Detroit seems to have gotten their offense together. Their defense still sucks but so does the Jags offense. Calvin Johnson might be out as he hasn't practiced all week. I like Detroit here.

Goat Milk

Guys Vegas is expecting a blowout here. Lines don't move like this so easily in NFL before Sunday unless there's an injury to a QB or something.

Lions favored by 5 on the road? Something is up for sure. This game is gonna be a blowout...

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    dont do it goaty...jennings not huge downgrade at rb and offers lots of things as he versatile,,gabbert has shown some improvement as of late, kinda surprises me as i watched him a ton in college and thought they were crazy drafting him in top 10..i got late start on week so still have some work to do but just dont see this as a great bet...
    Why are the lions favored by 5 on the road?

makes no sense.

vegas expecting blowout

Goat Milk

View Post
    Remove user from ignore list

dude you've been on my ignore list for 3 months

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

makes no sense.

vegas expecting blowout
    "VEGAS" not expecting anything, they set lines off numbers and perception and move them based off money, nothing more nothing less.....obviously plenty of money on det to move line up, not surprising jags a tough team to back and been getting killed at home, i mean i dont really wanna back jags but damn sure not interested in det..

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post

makes no sense.

vegas expecting blowout
    Bears were only favored by 6 in this exact same spot...... This is a coin flip game.

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

I agree but man you got a shit ass number again.

SmittyZ28
    SmittyZ28's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 807

Quote Originally Posted by MUHerd37 View Post
    Detroit seems to have gotten their offense together. Their defense still sucks but so does the Jags offense. Calvin Johnson might be out as he hasn't practiced all week. I like Detroit here.
    Defense is ranked 10th in the NFL. They absolutely shut the Bears down at Soldiers field, this defense is much better than you think. Don't overestimate a strong showing by the Jags at Lambo against a hurt and under motivated GB team. No MJD going to be very tough to move the ball against Detroit. Lions are the play, on them for 2 units @ -5 -110. Good luck Lions backers

SmittyZ28

Also, Megatron with only 1 TD this year?? Look for him to FINALLY break out against an awful Jax secondary, ranked 23rd in the league in pass defense. Making a bold prediction here 7 rec 140 YDs 2 TDs!

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Just clueless.

"Vegas expecting blowout"

Justin3587
    Justin3587's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 450

I could put up a pretty decent argument for both sides. That means no action.

onlooker
    I'm still watching...
    onlooker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4651

Quote Originally Posted by SmittyZ28 View Post
    Also, Megatron with only 1 TD this year?? Look for him to FINALLY break out against an awful Jax secondary, ranked 23rd in the league in pass defense. Making a bold prediction here 7 rec 140 YDs 2 TDs!
    Megatron is a game-time decision. Also could be limited to 3rd downs.

Just a heads up.

Calvin Johnson - WR - Lions

Pro Football Weekly reports Calvin Johnson (questionable, knee) may be limited to third-down situations if he's active for Week 9 at Jacksonville.

Per PFW's Eric Edholm, Johnson is a true game-time decision, and it sounds like his snaps may be limited if he goes. Of course, the Lions could increase Megatron's role at any given moment if his adrenaline is kicking early in the game and he's racking up catches against a Jacksonville secondary that will be minus at least two starting defensive backs, and possibly three. Keep an eye on updates Sunday morning. Johnson should still be penciled into fantasy lineups.

Source: Eric Edholm on Twitter
    Nov 3 - 8:13 PM

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Defense is ranked 10th in the NFL. They absolutely shut the Bears down at Soldiers field, this defense is much better than you think. Don't overestimate a strong showing by the Jags at Lambo against a hurt and under motivated GB team. No MJD going to be very tough to move the ball against Detroit. Lions are the play, on them for 2 units @ -5 -110. Good luck Lions backers
    The Lions are weak against the pass. I don't think the secondary has a single starter playing.

Statman
    Statman's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2733

Didn't JAX go into Oak and put 20+ points? Not sure who was in for JAX but the offense seemed to have been working that day...

2daBank

lets not act like shutting the bears down is a huge accomplishment...

naslax13
    naslax13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2550

yo herd- who's the chick in that photo?

SmittyZ28

lets not act like shutting the bears down is a huge accomplishment...
    Point take bro, but 13 points is 13 points. Holding a home team that low is good in my book no matter who they are

SmittyZ28

Not discounting the Megatron news story, but if he can walk he will play. Injury reports have become more and more inaccurate over the years, if the Lions get up big maybe we will see some limits on him, but otherwise I can't see him not playing a full load. JAX secondary is so bad, he must be chomping at the bit to get out there...1 td this year!!!

2daBank

Point take bro, but 13 points is 13 points. Holding a home team that low is good in my book no matter who they are
    they played well that gm, but chi oline is terrible which plays right in to det defensive strength..last week a sea team who struggle to score (even more so on road) offense put up almost a 100 yrds more than they avg and 7 more points than they avg...they have talent up front but they lose their lanes against the run and the secondary is bad..i mean all that said this a gm they "should" win, but jags have played better fb since the bye and i just dont trust to come in focused against a team im sure they feel superior to as they are a undisciplined, poorly coached team....

lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

Line move is big. Det is the one square play that looks good. Next time get it at -3.5 not -5.

MUHerd37
    Status Your Update.

Quote Originally Posted by naslax13 View Post
    yo herd- who's the chick in that photo?
    Allison Stokke

easyliving
    easyliving's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11

Lions are crap, had trouble beating seahawks at home. Not touching this game as I think Jaguars keep it interesting here

billysink
    billysink's Avatar Become A Pro!

With both teams likely to be starting parking lot attendants in their secondaries tomorrow, the Lions starting 3 dinged up linebackers and Jacksonville not likely to feature the running game, why the hell are we even talking about a side here.

Total is set at 44 and is not gonna be that at game time.

jnickell100
    jnickell100's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 269

many times that goaty didnt think det was the best bet, of coarse pats on a bye this week
    this made me actually laugh out loud

chopperocker
    Hang on baby, cuz life's a BITCH!!!
    chopperocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 55608

NA... that would be Carolina +145 ml

pimike
    SPORTS IS MONEY
    pimike's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 90326

I actually agree here. Lions win this game and cover rather easy.

naslax13
    naslax13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2550

lions was a soft line at 3.5, i pounded it on Wednesday, one of the rare times ill pound a favorite, especially a favorite that happens to be a huge public pick. don't matter though, has the makings of a beat down. Louis Delmas adds strength to backfield the lions secondary which has been weak. jags cant throw , they rely heavily on the run- lions defensive four is good, they can contain the run. Lions pass attack is above average, while jags secondary sucks and stafford has yet to get rolling- this is the statement game he needs. I think lions will win going away, with a big W that they desperately need. They are better than they have shown thus far this season, and a bit healthier now than they have been. Jags are a bottom 5 team in the league missing playmakers Maurice Jones-Drew, Derek Cox, Daryl Smith and Dwight Lowery

GamblerSpirit
    TheCentaur, Spankie gone fishing :(
    GamblerSpirit's Avatar Become A Pro!

Horrible d means jags should cover

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

He's banged up and might barely play.

I still think Lions win.

12 Last