WvGambler
    WvGambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 150

Ravens -4 (110)

I know they are on the road, but Cleveland is going to be a huge let down this week. Weeden cant play at this level, just yet, against the Ravens Defense.

The Ravens will be coming off a bye, and looking to make a statement.

Cleveland is downright terrible against the run, giving up 1053 yards already through 8 games. That puts them in the bottom 5 teams in the NFL against the run.....and guess what? Theyre in the bottom 7 against the pass also. I think Ray Rice goes nuts tomorrow.

I also understand that Baltimore is in the middle of the pack defense wise, but theyre coming off the bye, and I think that makes the difference (They've also given up 1,000 yards on the ground). Cleveland coming off a big win, at home, doesnt usually mean success the following week.

I got it at 3.5 earlier in the week, but I don't think it matters. Baltimore wins by 7 at least......that's my two cents.

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

bye week not gonna fix baltys d...i agree rice should run wild but that putting faith in cam cameron actually lining up and pounding the rock but that hard to expect as they seem hell bent on running this stupid no huddle which they have a miserable time executing on the road..book has to be out on torrey smith, kid very talented but struggles with press coverage, whole team has issues with that really so 1 would think lots of teams start pressing them...if it wasnt for the bye i would be all over cle as this team is finally headed in right direction with the young pieces they have in place, d been much better since haden's return, biggest issue is wrs drop a ton of passes but not sure why you say "weeden cant play at this level yet"?

WvGambler

Due to being in Pittsburgh Steeler territory, and so close to Cleveland, we get a LOT of Cleveland coverage here. Weeden just doesnt look good to me. I cant put a finger on what it is exactly, and I am sure if Greg Little didnt have quikrete hands, his numbers would be better. More INT's than TD's.....his team asking him to throw more than anyone but Brady, Brees and Stafford make me have little faith in what he can do. Probably more his coaching staff's fault and less his.

2daBank

yea their wrs have hands of stone, especially little which a shame as he could be very good if he could only catch, lol...i thought weeden has looked pretty good the last 3-4 gms,,the nyg gm was last time he had a problem with picks and that was a month ago, last gm his numbers were shit but conditions sucked and again wrs had bunch of drops but no ints, think only 1 last 3 gms...i just think balt in a little bit of trouble with the loss of webb on a defense that been struggling anyway, tsizzle should be rounding back into shape and that will help a bunch and think jimmy smith is gonna play but he is far cry at this point from webb...not often you get balty with such a short number vs brownies but that no huddle on the road is just a bad idea and when they struggle to get it going it leaves that defense on the field for long stretches...i doubt i can play cle (if only balt was coming off a home win instead of a ass kicking and a bye cause then i be on cle for sure), still at this point im not sure bal is 7 points better on a neutral field ...

2daBank

you in steeler territory? how you feel about the pit/nyg gm? i grabbed pit+3.5 and prob play ml at some point..

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Boldin can beat press coverage all day

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    you in steeler territory? how you feel about the pit/nyg gm? i grabbed pit+3.5 and prob play ml at some point..
    I'm staying away from it only because of the Steelers RB issues. Theyre saying Mendenhall and Dwyer are likely to not play....so that leaves Isaac Redman. I HATE the Steelers with a passion, and have the hardest time putting money on them BUT I would agree that +3.5 is good there. Sometimes the Steelers actually play better when they abandon the run and just let Ben carry them, and he will have to tomorrow.

The Steelers ALWAYS find a way to keep things close, so if I had to pick a side, I would take the points once the Steeler's got to 3.5.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    Boldin can beat press coverage all day
    he really whipped it against hou, 8 targets 3 catches 24 yards.... dude has had like 2 good gms all yr (granted one was against cle) and like the rest of offense hasnt done shit on the road...

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    I'm staying away from it only because of the Steelers RB issues. Theyre saying Mendenhall and Dwyer are likely to not play....so that leaves Isaac Redman. I HATE the Steelers with a passion, and have the hardest time putting money on them BUT I would agree that +3.5 is good there. Sometimes the Steelers actually play better when they abandon the run and just let Ben carry them, and he will have to tomorrow.

The Steelers ALWAYS find a way to keep things close, so if I had to pick a side, I would take the points once the Steeler's got to 3.5.
    i figure it really doesnt matter who runs for pit as it really more about the oline which starting to play better and pouncy returning will help quite a bit, long as 1 of the 3 play i feel ok and like that fast kid from fla (rainey).. both teams in spots i typically fade them in, pit off a cover at home and nyg at home period so i understand passing but think ultimately this gm comes down to which of these qbs has the ball last so had to take the points..

Goat Milk

He's not a good fit for the ravens. Boldin is a beast bro. He's the same player today he was in AZ. His qb is just 10 times worse. Ravens don't know how to move the chains and chip away like a Pats or a GB or elite offense like that. They run the ball, then they go play action, then they go hail mary. Not a creative team at all and that's why boldin suffers.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    He's not a good fit for the ravens. Boldin is a beast bro. He's the same player today he was in AZ. His qb is just 10 times worse. Ravens don't know how to move the chains and chip away like a Pats or a GB or elite offense like that. They run the ball, then they go play action, then they go hail mary. Not a creative team at all and that's why boldin suffers.

boldin suffers from leaving zona and always getting single coverage on the other side of fitz, he was never a real number 1, period...he is a stud with the ball in his hands but he never been a real #1.. balty o cord a dipshit,,he should pound the rock but he wants to run shotgun no huddle instead...

Full Time Hobo
    In a Box
    Full Time Hobo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3676

I cannot wait for Cam Cameron to get the boot as OC.

Ravens have owned the Browns since Flacco has been there, but these games are always close, wouldn't be surprised if this actually comes down to a FG in the end.
    Its a no play for me.

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Full Time Hobo View Post

Ravens have owned the Browns since Flacco has been there, but these games are always close, wouldn't be surprised if this actually comes down to a FG in the end.
    Its a no play for me.
    yea he is horrible..

BMoreBird
    Update your status
    BMoreBird's Avatar Become A Pro!

as a ravens fan i would like to see the ball go to boldin more. he is a beast. as far as this game goes... we have been bad on the road, and only beat the browns by a td at home... however off the bye week and with sizzle back and some defensive adjustments, i do see a ravens cover even though they have been awful against the spread this year. i never bet the ravens but gl.

BMoreBird
    Update your status
    BMoreBird's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Full Time Hobo View Post

Its a no play for me.
    flacco never lost to browns, you might be right.. i just think off the bye we will play a lot better. but yes, if they ever fire cameron that will be a wonderful day.

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

BAL -4 is a top 3 square play of the day.

Good luck.

EvilBettor
    EvilBettor's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 174

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post

Good luck.
    Square? Wrong. BAL covers.

ChalkyDog
    Buy the ticket, take the ride.
    ChalkyDog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by TheLock View Post

Good luck.
    Currently, the only team I see ahead of Baltimore in this department is Denver. Although, Houston, due to the amount of bets on them - is in strong contention for 2nd.

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

I like the Ravens, but got them at -2.5 -120/125 ish on the opener as I saw value in that line opening under3. Last time I made a play in a Ravens game was taking Houston against them 2 weeks ago. I posted a 31-14 prediction in that game on SBR. At least one sharp is on the Ravens today!

Baltimore did already play Clev in week 4 winning by only 7 at home, 23-16. Both teams struggled to run the ball, and most of the offense was generated from high volume low efficiency passing.

HoulihansTX
    Bowl $ea$on
    HoulihansTX's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 295

Ravens D is one of the leagues worst. WTF is the OP talking about. Offenses are falling over themselves getting in line to play Ravens D.

MeatWad
    MeatWad's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 221

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post
    Ravens D is one of the leagues worst. WTF is the OP talking about. Offenses are falling over themselves getting in line to play Ravens D.
    Football Outsiders have their defenses ranked Balt 24th and Clev 25th total with comparable run/pass ratings. Baltimore D definitely suffering from injuries and age. The offenses aren't comparable though and this is a Baltimore team that is not a fluke, soo close to the SB last year.

GChild
    GChild's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1398

Wow I just read this whole thread and for the first time guys are giving good advice instead of bashing the guy for liking the ravens.

Instead of the thread saying LOCK PLAY OF THE YEAR or what ever else these ass hole kids post playing with betpoints. It simply says RAVENS -4

Thanks for a good thread for once.....

Good luck today I'm on ravens too -2.5 -130

TheLock
    TheLock's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7931

I have 1 unit on CLE +4 -105

rjpickswinners
    rjpickswinners's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by WvGambler View Post
    I know they are on the road, but Cleveland is going to be a huge let down this week. Weeden cant play at this level, just yet, against the Ravens Defense.

The Ravens will be coming off a bye, and looking to make a statement.

Cleveland is downright terrible against the run, giving up 1053 yards already through 8 games. That puts them in the bottom 5 teams in the NFL against the run.....and guess what? Theyre in the bottom 7 against the pass also. I think Ray Rice goes nuts tomorrow.

I also understand that Baltimore is in the middle of the pack defense wise, but theyre coming off the bye, and I think that makes the difference (They've also given up 1,000 yards on the ground). Cleveland coming off a big win, at home, doesnt usually mean success the following week.

I got it at 3.5 earlier in the week, but I don't think it matters. Baltimore wins by 7 at least......that's my two cents.

Ya igot Balt at -3 straight up and in parlays this and det over jax were my gimmes for the week.
    Cleveland so overrated its not even funny. Baltimore gonna treat weeden like a rookie.
    Gonna be a typical ravens browns game with the same outcome.
    they beat the browns in week 4 already.
    last time the browns beat the ravens, 2007 week 11 in overtime.

take the ravens my friends. Flacco goin off. With a side of rice. =)

Spedizzo
    Spedizzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 158

I would buy a point on the Ravens to -3 in case its a close one... but Ravens should take it.

Romanov
    Diapason Knells
    Romanov's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 13

Quote Originally Posted by Spedizzo View Post
    I would buy a point on the Ravens to -3 in case its a close one... but Ravens should take it.
    Do not listen to this guy. He just bought 1.5 points at -165 on the broncos. Amateur hour today I guess

vaas187
    vaas187's Avatar Become A Pro!

ravens roll

ProfaneReality
    ProfaneReality's Avatar Become A Pro!

Did you happen to watch the first match-up ? I am not sure why you predict such a wild shift from that game, particularly for Baltimore. Cleveland is playing a lot better, and Baltimore a lot worse since that game. No Joe Haden in that game, and Haden is a top 3 or 4 shut down corner. Also, Josh Gordon had not yet emerged, he is a big play threat.
    :
    Weeden has improved every week, take out his horrific first game, and he has a 3:2 TD to INT ratio, which is respectable, particularly for a rookie.

Ray Rice had 18 carries in that first game, for a whopping 49 yards, and that was without Phil Taylor, their massive run stopping DT, who returns today.

The NFL doesn't make a lot of sense most of the time, but I can't make a case for Baltimore rolling today.

rjpickswinners

Any given Sunday I guess, we'll see

Deol
    Deol's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5712

Rather take BAL ML with GB ML and HOU ML +125

BigDofBA
    BigDofBA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2011

LOL.

Cleveland covered in Baltimore earlier in the year and that was before the Ravens had their injury issues.

This is about as square as it gets.

zam77
    zam77's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 687

Fading wv's belly full of jello squares

WvGambler

Quote Originally Posted by zam77 View Post
    Fading wv's belly full of jello squares
    Zammy you prick! You only post once a month, and you use it to bust my chops?!?!?

Goat Milk

Quote Originally Posted by HoulihansTX View Post

keep looking at your stats buddy

rjpickswinners

=) covering that spread

12 Last