heywally
    heywally's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

Denver at San Diego

Saw this today

http://www.utsandiego.com/news/2012/...-broncos-game/

I like the Broncs in a teaser on this one +7 or above (I have +8 from earlier in the week.) I see the game itself as a tossup, with both offenses playing it pretty close to the vest in order to not make mistakes. I expect both teams to use the running games and short passing and if the Chargers get a lead, I expect Norv Turner to not allow the offense to 'take the chances' it would need to to pull away and beat the 7 points, though it is the NFL and even Norv has his days. I would avoid the 'obvious' over, in spite of the two QB's and their rep. Should be a fun game to watch ....

ps - one danger point is that the Chargers have a KR guy -- Goodman -- who is very fast if they ever decide to send him outside of the 'blocking lane' or if he gets through ...

hanco21
    The Lord of No Rings..AJ Smith Egomaniac
    hanco21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2107

Guarantee Royal doesnt miss this game. He is looking forward to playing his former teammates. Huge game for both teams, 3 game swing in the divison. Edge goes to the broncos......

fx-
    fx-'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Unconsistent rushing game for the broncos doesn't bode well away from home.

i have chargers +1

heywally
    heywally's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 765

Quote Originally Posted by hanco21 View Post
    Guarantee Royal doesnt miss this game. He is looking forward to playing his former teammates. Huge game for both teams, 3 game swing in the divison. Edge goes to the broncos......
    Royal sure would like to play and yes, he will probably give it a go; can't find anything on how severe the injury is. Looks like the UnionTrib put their subscriber only flag up on my original link but Royal has a hamstring injury and Floyd, a groin. According to the Charger fan forum, Floyd practiced today but didn't see anything on Royal.

It looks like the Chargers starting LT, Gaither will not play which puts the undrafted rookie Harris back in that position. I don't know if this is a disadvantage for the Chargers as it might force them to do fewer deep drop, longer developing, passing plays that they have become less and less successful with (though they hit a few against N.O.) but Gaither was a pretty big guy, clearing out on running plays.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

The Broncos are going to flatten the Chargers. SD just isn't that good, and as you mentioned, Norv Turner is his own worst enemy...