LoudPack
    LoudPack's Avatar Become A Pro!

Poker Player Getting Into Betting Sports

Hello SBR,

Go by the name LoudPack and I'm a tournament poker player online and live. I play poker on Bovada and Americas Cardroom online. I have recently became really interested in sports betting and found this forum and love everything that it offers from the information on teams and videos down to the betpoints. Will become active here and I'm sure I will see everyone around. Will be active in the poker here too.

chipper
    chipper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2174

Welcome LoudPack! I too think you'll like it here....

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

It's just like poker... analyze your own game. Don't let anyone else tell you how you "should have" made a play. You know everything they do, maybe more. At a poker table, if you're a good player you can spot another good player almost immediately. You learn immediately who to watch out for and who are the suckers. In sports betting, it's a bit more difficult... but still, most of the players are suckers. People will come out everyday talking about 10-1 this, 24-15 that... blah blah blah. It's a lot harder judge than at a poker table, where you watch some idiot who doesn't know what a c-bet is talk about how much money he's been winning. I recommend taking the same dedication you probably used to get good at playing poker and using it to make your own plays. Don't fade or follow anyone, unless you can see something verifiable.

conniebugler
    conniebugler's Avatar Become A Pro!

Hello guys...! I am new at SBR Forum. I am also a poker player using Leak Buster HUDs. I have to bet for sports in here.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Loud Pack if you're good at Poker... stick with it. Wagering sports is an entirely different process.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: cala56

SharpAngles
    SharpAngles's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1638

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    Loud Pack if you're good at Poker... stick with it. Wagering sports is an entirely different process.
    Curious why you believe that. Poker is mainly about timing and analyzing others play and tendencies in different situations. I'm probably missing something but sports betting seems to value the same ideas.

And as a fellow tourney grinder, BOL Loudpack

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Quote Originally Posted by SharpAngles View Post
    Curious why you believe that. Poker is mainly about timing and analyzing others play and tendencies in different situations. I'm probably missing something but sports betting seems to value the same ideas.

And as a fellow tourney grinder, BOL Loudpack
    So your first post is responding to mine? What an honor. I feel like this is a setup. Who's ghost are you? But since you're asking I will explain...

I've been sports wagering for 15 years now. I've been playing Poker for 28 months now. Yes, there are systems for both.

In sports wagering... you can cap all you want... play your "logical" percentages 24/7 but... all it takes that one game that you go big on because you "believe" you have everything capped... but then all of sudden "the public" hits a side that you're on HEAVY and Vegas has other ideas in mind... and the other side mysteriously wins and you lose. So, the capping that you worked so hard on is meaningless. Until you start understanding in sports wagering that it's a "business." And make sure you're on the side of the pie that they will pay out. Is every game like this? No. But again... all it takes is that one game that buries you... and your confidence is depleted. It's a different kind of system than Poker.

Poker on the other hand is based a lot on logic and knowing your opponents vibes and patterns. Nothing can really get in your way. Therefore, true scientific percentages are in your favor... and your card playing ability. All you have to do is watch for your opponents habits and a bluff here and there.

I enjoy playing poker just for fun. Will I ever become good at it? I don't really care to. I do it for an out... to get away from sports wagering. Takes a load off. But clearly... in my opinion... if you know "TRULY" you have beat some top notched poker players in your career... you should stick with it and never get into sports wagering. Why would you waste your time learning a system that will take you YEARS OF LOSSES before you make a gain? Makes no sense. If you're good at hustling at cards... stick with it. It's an art. You aren't going to become a Billy Walters... in sports wagering... trust me.