mhoffmoney
    mhoffmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!

NBA Money Line Database

Does anyone know where I can find a history of nba lines that are easily copyable into a csv or excel format? Thanks.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

If you just want closing lines, nbastuffer has packages you can buy from the last 5 seasons (full boxscore, closing line & total). Super cheap.

vill
    vill's Avatar Become A Pro!

Somewhere in vegas site there were nba lines as I know.

brewers7
    brewers7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4441

Quote Originally Posted by mhoffmoney View Post
    Does anyone know where I can find a history of nba lines that are easily copyable into a csv or excel format? Thanks.

I have NBA lines and a lot more for the last 26 years and in about a month, will have 30 years worth of NBA lines...All in Excel...

borgsta
    borgsta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3230

Quote Originally Posted by brewers7 View Post
    I have NBA lines and a lot more for the last 26 years and in about a month, will have 30 years worth of NBA lines...All in Excel...
    Any chance you will share that information?

mhoffmoney
    mhoffmoney's Avatar Become A Pro!

I'd be interested in seeing your spreadsheet also, if you're willing to share it

brewers7

Well, no offense, but I have amassed 26 years of data and soon to be 30 over many years and I am adding more handicapping categories and expanding my database over the next year, so asking me to "share" this much handicapping data is asking a lot, don't ya think?...

I have attached 3 samples (hopefully they'll show up)...2 of them are from my original database and the 3rd one is one sample from my private database which I have expanded a great deal...

I do sell portions of my original database online...And to be frank, it's dirt cheap considering how long it would take to amass from scratch...

If you're looking for something small from a particular season, I would be willing to share something specific, like a missing a month or few weeks of something or other and I have done that for people on this forum who PM me...But I certainly am not giving away tons of data already gathered and organized...
    Attached Files

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Nice data sets. Everything I have goes back to 1985 or so as lines earlier than that are too hard to find. Games before the 3 pt era are just too far off to use, IMO, so I'd guess your db covers games starting in that period?

Pancho sanza
    Pancho sanza's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well, no offense, but I have amassed 26 years of data and soon to be 30 over many years and I am adding more handicapping categories and expanding my database over the next year, so asking me to "share" this much handicapping data is asking a lot, don't ya think?...

I have attached 3 samples (hopefully they'll show up)...2 of them are from my original database and the 3rd one is one sample from my private database which I have expanded a great deal...

I do sell portions of my original database online...And to be frank, it's dirt cheap considering how long it would take to amass from scratch...

If you're looking for something small from a particular season, I would be willing to share something specific, like a missing a month or few weeks of something or other and I have done that for people on this forum who PM me...But I certainly am not giving away tons of data already gathered and organized...

You have any NBA pre 1987 or NCAA BB pre 1995?

If so, where are the closing lines from.

thanks

jamoc023
    jamoc023's Avatar Become A Pro!

WOW DALLAS IN 6 BOOYA i told guys to back it hope it was done

brewers7

Quote Originally Posted by Pancho sanza View Post
    You have any NBA pre 1987 or NCAA BB pre 1995?

If so, where are the closing lines from.

thanks

I tried to send you a PM but your mailbox is full...

I do have NBA lines back to 1981-82 is the short answer...

maxvalue1
    maxvalue1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 79

I believe goldsheet has tons of database from 80's and forward

ManBearPig
    ManBearPig's Avatar Become A Pro!

Dam Brew I don't blame you...I would love to get those data sets into a real database like Oracle and go to town. The amount of data you have would take forever to pour through...if you did that then I gotta give you props cuz that's some major scraping, clawing whatever you wanna call it, it's everything you could ever ask for.

borgsta
    borgsta's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3230

Holy crap they are massive. Absolute props to you and incredible to think you have them going back > 25years.

Where do you sell them and for how much? Message Me if needed

arwar
    arwar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1544

scoresandodds has closing prices (i think they are pinny's lines) on all sports back to whenever they came on line. unfortunately it wasn't a real long time ago. but the data is easy to get and you can generate a database in a couple of minutes. pm if you want help with the scraper.

samovar
    samovar's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 244

Thank you for informations.
    Good luck

warhawk
    warhawk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

NBA database

brewer7,

great job on that NBA database. I'd like to have a copy in excel for the years 2007/08 to 2011/12. Can you PM me? thanks

warhawk
    Last edited by shari91; 08-13-12 at 03:14 AM. Reason: removed personal info

LucasAdam
    LucasAdam's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12

brewer7,

The database looks great. I would also like to have a copy in Excel. How/Where can I find the full version? Mind messaging me?

Thanks,
    LucasAdam

sploofdogg
    sploofdogg's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1217

Question:

Not a new sports handicapper but new to using data/analytics to support my bets. Is data dating back say 20 years NBA pertinent to today's NBA game? I feel that this new-age style of basketball is not the same of 15-20 years ago.

Also, are there any websites that offer free basic NBA/NCAAB databases for Excel? Please PM me if you know of anything.

-sploofdogg

Kolotoure
    Kolotoure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 654

I don't think I would want to be building an analytical model on information that goes back any further than ~5 years

abzflabz
    abzflabz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 485

I tried to send you a PM but your mailbox is full...

I do have NBA lines back to 1981-82 is the short answer...
    Do you have Data that covers NBA win loss records by QTR?

JoeySoke
    Just win baby
    JoeySoke's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thats good data still, everything you can get use it.

brewers7

Quote Originally Posted by abzflabz View Post
    Do you have Data that covers NBA win loss records by QTR?
    Yes, I have 30+ years of lines and totals by quarter and who covered them all...

bjb7223
    bjb7223's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8966

oddsportal.com

DiabloNino
    DiabloNino's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Nope

weirimdi
    weirimdi's Avatar Become A Pro!

I have the ATS and TOT Database from Covers.com starting 2005-2006.
    Complete Seasons for NFL, NBA, NCAAF, NCAAB, NHL, MLB and any other mayor sports.

ChicagoCover
    Trappin'
    ChicagoCover's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brew, I've never seen anything more detailed in your sample sheets. Wow!

Jackie_Treehorn
    Jackie_Treehorn's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brew, very impressive sheets indeed. I love the attention to detail. Good luck!

brewers7

Quote Originally Posted by sploofdogg View Post
    Question:

Not a new sports handicapper but new to using data/analytics to support my bets. Is data dating back say 20 years NBA pertinent to today's NBA game? I feel that this new-age style of basketball is not the same of 15-20 years ago.

Also, are there any websites that offer free basic NBA/NCAAB databases for Excel? Please PM me if you know of anything.

-sploofdogg
    Yes, data from 20+ years ago is VERY pertinent to situational handicapping...The players may change from season to season, but the hundreds of situational trends that I track stay the same....Sure there are some tweaks made from season to season, but the basic concepts remain the same year-in and year-out...

brewers7

Quote Originally Posted by Kolotoure View Post
    I don't think I would want to be building an analytical model on information that goes back any further than ~5 years
    To each their own, but the basic situational trends that I use still work and I have been doing this since the early 1980s...

Newbies who don't know much about situational handicapping, in its purest form, think that the players changing on teams every few years makes a difference...I see posts on forums all the time saying "What does a score from a celtics/sixers game from 30 years ago matter? It doesn't mean a thing to today's celtics/sixers game."...

And well, of course THAT particular game from 30 years ago probably doesn't have anything to do with the situational spot from today's game...But over 30 years worth of games, there are hundreds of games that will match the situational spot from today's game...The players do not matter in situational spots...The individual team situations for the game DO matter...
    Last edited by brewers7; 02-08-14 at 03:14 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Tommy Karate

redking
    redking's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2734

Good stuff Brewers7! I just found this thread and downloaded the samples. Very impressed with your work.

And to the naysayers, stock analysts go back 50+ years to create analysis models, so why can't sports handicapping models go back 30 years?

forumposter
    forumposter's Avatar Become A Pro!

Newbies who don't know much about situational handicapping, ...The individual team situations for the game DO matter...
    I don't know much about situational handicapping. Are you talking about things like "when Boston is playing at home on Sunday in the early afternoon, after coming off a road trip on the west coast...". Is that what situational handicapping means?

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 35459

i have a ton of data in a database as well but you sir have the most i've seen. glad it works for you.

brewers7

Quote Originally Posted by forumposter View Post
    I don't know much about situational handicapping. Are you talking about things like "when Boston is playing at home on Sunday in the early afternoon, after coming off a road trip on the west coast...". Is that what situational handicapping means?
    This is a basic example, yes...There are obviously many more levels involved for each team in every game...Many, many more...

I'll give you one that applies to tonight's Spurs/Pistons game in the NBA...

The "New Coach's first game angle"...

Now I may have missed one somewhere (I hope not), but over the last 3 NBA and NFL seasons, when a new coach takes over their first game in the middle of the season, their teams have gone 11-2 ATS in those 2 sports combined...It was 11-1 until the Houston Texans lost this past December 15th after Gary Kubiak was fired the day after a THUR night game...But the Texans were such a mess that I didn't even touch that game despite the angle/trend...So many injuries...The other Not Cover was also another unique situation where Mike Brown of the Lakers was fired 2 Novembers ago after the Lakers started 1-4, but new Coach Mike D'Antoni was recovering from knee surgery and couldn't take the sidelines until 4 games later and the Lakers DID WIN that game for D'Antoni at Home, but they they didn't cover the 6.5 point spread as they won by 5...

People may remember when Romeo Crenell took over as Chiefs head coach in December of 2011 (12/18/11) and as 13-point dogs, they beat the undefeated Packers straight up, ending their 19-game winning streak and ending their perfect season that year...The last NBA coach to be fired midseason was Alvin Gentry, who was fired last January, and the Suns won their next game by 10 as 3-point dogs...I don't think anybody else got fired after him until a bunch of coaches got fired after the season ended...

I would also argue you can add 4 more games from 2012 in the NFL to this tally from the past 3 years where teams rose up to win games...

When Chuck Pagano took a 12-week leave of absence in September of 2012, the Colts won their first game that Bruce Arians filled in for him as head coach, 30-27 over the Packers as 6-point dogs after being down 18 at halftime of that game...And when Pagano returned later in the season on DEC 30 as 6.5 dogs, they won outright by 12 over the Texans...Also that season, when Jerry Brown of the Cowboys died in a car accident, Dallas won their next game outright at Cincinnati as a 3.5 point underdog...And when Jovan Belcher of the Chiefs committed suicide after killing his girlfriend, the Chiefs won their next game outright against Carolina as 5.5 Dogs...

If you count these 4 games, that's another 4-0 to this angle where "teams rise up" for a new coach (or those 2 Chuck-Strong examples) or for a fallen teammate who died or was killed within days of an upcoming game...

So Maurice Cheeks was fired by the Pistons yesterday so one of my many, many, many situational trends states that "you take the team whose coach just got fired to win their first game for their new coach"...I don't have the numbers in front of me, but I believe this trend/angle/situational spot is either 8-1 or 7-1 ATS the last 8 or 9 instances in the NBA...So the Pistons would be the play tonight...

These recent percentages with this angle do NOT guarantee a win by the Pistons...No situational trend is full-proof or "guaranteed"...

But obviously I will be looking very strongly at a play on the Pistons tonight as I have been on every one of these situations the last 3 NBA and NFL seasons I mentioned EXCEPT the Texans (because of the plethora of injuries they had), so that is about 15-1 the last 16 plays I made on this situation if you count the NFL games the past 3 seasons...

I will admit I am going to play the Pistons tonight...So if I lose this game, ok, well, I go to 15-2 the last 17 times I played this trend...If people seeing this post decide to play the Pistons tonight and lose, they will be 0-1 following this angle and will get p*ssed and call this style of capping "junk science" or some other names...

I am just passing on one small example of situational handicapping as I do track coaching changes in my database...
    Last edited by brewers7; 02-10-14 at 04:39 AM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: ChicagoCover, and Jrod124

ChicagoCover
    Trappin'
    ChicagoCover's Avatar Become A Pro!

Brewers7,

....damn

12 Last