CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

Preseason Top 25 Rankings

Ok everyone im a big college basketball fan and I follow the recruiting trail real hard. I love getting prepped up to see which big name and small name programs are adding real talent to their programs. Now sure a team like Kentucky that recruits ESPNU 100 talent is going to be ranked but teams like Belmont, Harvard, and LBSU can recruit to their needs. They might not get the top 100 players but they get players who will cater to their needs. This is going to change constantly as more updates get made. I am more biased towards some programs but I will do my best to put teams where they belong even though I have hatred for some programs.
    On my first draft of teams I selected a total of 39 teams that I thought were worthy of being ranked and now I am here to narrow it down to the final 25+1 team on the bubble.
    Also one of the best matchups of the year will be in the SEC when Arkansas takes on Kentucky.

#1 Ohio State---ACC/Big 10 Challenge
    #2 North Carolina--------
    #3 Memphis----- I really like Memphis in this spot
    #4 Duke-----------ACC/Big 10 Challenge vs Ohio St.
    #5 Syracuse------ its gonna be Christmas...........
    #6 Kentucky
    #7 Michigan------ the Class of Michigan now wow
    #8 St.Johns--- Im gambling in this spot but they have such a high recruiting class
    #9 UCONN
    #10 Baylor---- Might be to high will change most likely
    #11 Michigan St.----ehhhhh my favorite team but I feel like they are to high.......
    #12 Xavier
    #13 Florida St
    #14 Arkansas-- Amazing class of players coming in
    #15 Butler-- Will receive the love they deserve from me
    #16 Stanford--- Should be molded ( Key word SHOULD......... ) could change position
    #17 George Mason--- Might and most likely will move this team up in rankings
    #18 Vanderbilt---- I really hate this team but they deserve to be ranked
    #19 Temple------ This could be interesting they have a good team
    #20 Villanova
    #21 Kansas------ Could fall out of my rankings
    #22 Indiana
    #23 UNLV ( but I really think Colorado St. is just as good )
    #24 Marquette
    #25 Missouri

+1

#26 Illinois--- could fall out of rankings

Teams on the cusp that will be tough all year

Virginia- This team could be a doozy to watch-- could be ranked in next update

Gonzaga-- I dunno

Texas A@M--- I probably should have them ranked and most likely will in next updates

Arizona-- Im still putting this team together could be ranked in next updates

VCU--- Wont make it into rankings but could play their way in during season

Florida-- Still putting this team together- could be ranked in next update

New Mexico-- Could be ranked in next update

Purdue-- Hummel, still putting this team together could be ranked in next update

Teams that I have no love for

Rutgers
    Pitt
    Cincy

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Butler is currently holding steady at the #15 spot in my update on June 20th teams will be moving around

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Syracuse will be dropping from the #5 spot but still a ranked team

The Bet Master
    The Bet Master's Avatar Become A Pro!

At the beginning of last year I had Memphis Vs. Ohio State as my final, maybe it will happen this year.

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

no Louisville in your top 25???

We're an easy top 10 preseason team with talent returning at EVERY position

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    no Louisville in your top 25???

We're an easy top 10 preseason team with talent returning at EVERY position
    I honestly just forgot about them. They arnt a team I really care about or care to follow. But seeing as your best recruit for this year is from Morgan Park High School could be interesting.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

as far as top 10 goes not happening

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeOverUnder View Post
    as far as top 10 goes not happening

according to every early poll I've saw, we are at least top 10. Of course, I won't give away what I think about UL betting wise

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

according to every early poll I've saw, we are at least top 10. Of course, I won't give away what I think about UL betting wise
    my early polls are always different then what so called experts think. They arnt top 10 but thats just my oppinion. Top 15 perhaps but I have been working every day so have only been reading articles havnt had a chance to update a solid update. Im curious about IONA right now though I dont think they have a schedule for the season released but they could be interesting if they MOMO JONES transfered in and is allowed to play right away.

TPowell

my early polls are always different then what so called experts think. They arnt top 10 but thats just my oppinion. Top 15 perhaps but I have been working every day so have only been reading articles havnt had a chance to update a solid update. Im curious about IONA right now though I dont think they have a schedule for the season released but they could be interesting if they MOMO JONES transfered in and is allowed to play right away.

no way Jones gets to play I dont think, but would def be HUGE if he did.

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19168

Be patient and just follow my lead when comes to college buckets.

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by chunk View Post
    Be patient and just follow my lead when comes to college buckets.

redrum
    Update your status
    redrum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 102

where r the canes all 5 starters come back from a nit team with a better coach

TPowell

Quote Originally Posted by redrum View Post
    where r the canes all 5 starters come back from a nit team with a better coach
    How the **** did they come out of the coaching carousel that much better, but they did because Haith was terrible. Could be a very interesting team IMO

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

no way Jones gets to play I dont think, but would def be HUGE if he did.
    I honestly think they are going to let him play. Dam that would be insane IONA would be the MIAMI Heat of College Basketball with the BIG 3 LMAO

MACHADO, GLOVER, JONES

TPowell

I honestly think they are going to let him play. Dam that would be insane IONA would be the MIAMI Heat of College Basketball with the BIG 3 LMAO

MACHADO, GLOVER, JONES

isnt he from NYC originally? Rice HS I think, anyways doubt he has family there which is the usual reason. Should be interesting to see though

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

L'ville needs to be in there I think and no matter who the badgers have they are always tough and around the top 25

mikeanite
    mikeanite's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 582

can't wait for college basketball to come

TPowell

I agree about Wisconsin

Wisconsin, Maryland, and Miami should be in instead of Missouri and Texas A&M. The previous 3 teams I mentioned have GREAT coaches and A&M was a joke outside of the coaching ability of Turgeon. Maryland will probably reach a Final 4 or Elite 8 in the next 5-6 years

Tower
    Tower's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4571

no wisconsin...????

mlb

wisco lost leuer and thats about it.. still play d and still have a coach committed to defense and playing tough nose.. due to commitments gonna have one thread this year and that will be on wisco bball starting with a breakdown of their schedule and players come fall time

ballahollic2
    Update your status
    ballahollic2's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10716

I honestly think UNLV will be a lot better then colorado state this year. Dave Rice is a better coach then Kruger. I was getting tired of watching him on the sidelines not give a shit about anything. We get back Kendall Wallace which will really help our outside shooting which was horrendous at times last year and our big men are only getting older and more mature. Aren;t ogide and franklin both graduating for CSU? maybe i am wrong

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by mlb View Post
    wisco lost leuer and thats about it.. still play d and still have a coach committed to defense and playing tough nose.. due to commitments gonna have one thread this year and that will be on wisco bball starting with a breakdown of their schedule and players come fall time
    I look forward to it man!

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Villanova is dropping from my rankings even though they have a great program I am dropping them and making room for another team

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Please take into consideration I havnt looked at any of the out of conference schedules for these teams. Rankings will of course change once I look at them. Please feel free to post any interesting teams with interesting schedules.

1.North Carolina- Moved up to the #1 spot from previous rankings
    2.Ohio State- Dropped from #1 spot
    3.Duke- Close call between Syracuse and Duke though
    4.Syracuse
    5.Memphis- I havnt looked at the out of conference Schedule yet
    6.Kentucky- Still at #6 could move up to #4 at the highest in next rankings
    7.UCONN- ehhh moved up 2 spots from original but could drop to a low of #15 spot
    8.Florida
    9.Michigan St
    10.Xavier-hmmmmmmm
    11.St.Johns- Im just putting a lot of stock into Lavin and his class of players
    12.Marquette-- Could drop im still trying to jockey this team
    13.Florida St.
    14.Louisville
    15.Butler- Not moving this team any lower then #15
    16.Vanderbilt
    17.Temple
    18.Kansas
    19.Indiana- This team is on their way to the final 4 and a National Championship in the Future
    20.Stanford- Know one is going to have this team ranked I dont think except for me
    21.George Mason- Dont care what anyone has to say this team belongs in the preseason polls
    22.Arkansas- Are the Freshmen ready for the big stage?
    23.Virginia
    24.Illinois
    25.UNLV- Love for the MWC

Teams still on the Cusp

Texas A@M
    Gonzaga
    UCLA

mlb

Quite a step up for that Marquette team from your last rankings and illinois should be decent but they are only going to get better with their next 2 recruiting classes.. good work

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by ballahollic2 View Post
    I honestly think UNLV will be a lot better then colorado state this year. Dave Rice is a better coach then Kruger. I was getting tired of watching him on the sidelines not give a shit about anything. We get back Kendall Wallace which will really help our outside shooting which was horrendous at times last year and our big men are only getting older and more mature. Aren;t ogide and franklin both graduating for CSU? maybe i am wrong
    I think CSU still has one of them im just to lazy to look

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Erasing UCLA from potential rankings currently. They are going to have to prove themselves

The Bet Master

Why MSU @9? As a buckeye fan it hurts me but i think UM will be better than MSU.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    Why MSU @9? As a buckeye fan it hurts me but i think UM will be better than MSU.
    Minny? You could be right not gonna argue with on it I honestly forgot about Minny. Didnt even cross my mind but If I were to still compare the two teams I would still take MSU over UM 6 out of 10 times. Ummmm Im gonna think about UM some I dont no if they are worth of a ranking I have to do some research as im still looking at a lot of other programs to.

Im gonna compare Minnesota to Virginia first and think about which team is the better team. I really like this Virginia team this year.

I mean look at where I got Arkansas, St.Johns and Indiana Im riding them just on recruiting classes and 3 great coaches looking to build elite programs.

Good option though to look at Minny still

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by The Bet Master View Post
    also would like to state that im a big Michigan State fan. They are my favorite BCS college basketball program. Im a true fan of what Izzo does for the game. And im a HATER of OHIO STATE but I realize they are still a loaded team

The Bet Master

Minny? You could be right not gonna argue with on it I honestly forgot about Minny. Didnt even cross my mind but If I were to still compare the two teams I would still take MSU over UM 6 out of 10 times. Ummmm Im gonna think about UM some I dont no if they are worth of a ranking I have to do some research as im still looking at a lot of other programs to.

Im gonna compare Minnesota to Virginia first and think about which team is the better team. I really like this Virginia team this year.

I mean look at where I got Arkansas, St.Johns and Indiana Im riding them just on recruiting classes and 3 great coaches looking to build elite programs.

Good option though to look at Minny still
    lol I meant Michigan.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

oh my lmao well as you can see I did have Michigan at the #8 spot in my first ranking but then thought about it some and decided to take them out of my 2 draft of rankings. They are still in the runnings for a solid rank in the top 25 though. I will keep updating more and more as the season gets closer and closer

mlb

think michigan could make some noise again .. well have to wait and see

Tgordon777
    Tgordon777's Avatar Become A Pro!

yea Louisville is a top 5 team. watch and see.

123 Last