pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Cuonzo?

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Just saw this happened Tuesday, I somehow missed it.

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 410

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Just saw this happened Tuesday, I somehow missed it.
    Today is Tuesday.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Weird/lateral (at best) move. Though given the fact that there was a petition going around to get rid of him at UT mid-season, I don't blame him for leaving Knoxville.

Darkside Magick
    Black Box Algorithm
    Darkside Magick's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1258

Go from dump Knoxville to beautiful Berkeley ....nice upgrade!

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Today is Tuesday.
    Meant Tuesday afternoon six hours before I saw it.

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Weird/lateral (at best) move. Though given the fact that there was a petition going around to get rid of him at UT mid-season, I don't blame him for leaving Knoxville.
    I think that was the majority of his decision. Ungrateful fukks at Tennessee were still in love with the Bruce Pearl persona and didn't like Martin's blue collar approach. Stupid asses would rather lose scoring 90 points than go to the Sweet 16 with great defense. AD though also apparently wanted to hand pick his own guy since he came in after Martin was hired.

Be interesting to see how Martin adapts to the PAC-12. Usually an offensive league, but Arizona changed that perception last year with great defense. Not sure Cal fans really want to see a defense first team though, but wins are the bottom line.

Talk seems to be whether Tennessee will pay to get an elite coach or go unproven and cheaper. The usual list already seems out right now. Greg Marshall. Ben Howland. Archie Miller. Also supposedly the La.Tech & Southern Miss coaches. Michael White, the Southern Miss coach might be the guy - he's got SEC roots from being an assistant at Ole Miss.

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

great move for martin and incredibly lucky, at that... the guy is nothing but average, if not below, and got some amazing overachieving from his guys late this year... people need to stop judging the last 5-8yrs of programs and calling them lateral moves when they go to a team that hasnt had great programs of late... cal is a much better place...he was getting the fukk out of knoxv. as fast as he could anyways, he hated the trashy racist fans and hated the way he was treated by everyone... the cal job is much better than he deserves, he really needs to thank his overachievers for luckboxing him into a nicer gig

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15084

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    I think that was the majority of his decision. Ungrateful fukks at Tennessee were still in love with the Bruce Pearl persona and didn't like Martin's blue collar approach. Stupid asses would rather lose scoring 90 points than go to the Sweet 16 with great defense. AD though also apparently wanted to hand pick his own guy since he came in after Martin was hired.

Be interesting to see how Martin adapts to the PAC-12. Usually an offensive league, but Arizona changed that perception last year with great defense. Not sure Cal fans really want to see a defense first team though, but wins are the bottom line.
    Sharp post. UT has always been an awful job for a new coach to take. The fans there are nuts, and in a bad way. You can be successful, and they'll still hate you so much to the point where they take action. A "lateral move" in reality is a move up.

Terrapin Station
    Terrapin Station's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 96

Good hiring by Cal, I like the move. Go Bears!