Betpoints: 1122

No one here can run with uconn

We are not in shape

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

You can never compare Men and woman in anything

Men are even better in bed

Although I will never forget the day when I was 24 years old and got whipped by a girl in a fight

She was about 20 blackeye bruised face

She was a Tough son of a bitch

I was hailed a hero for standing up to her though

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2486

Quote Originally Posted by jjgold View Post
    You can never compare Men and woman in anything

Men are even better in bed

Although I will never forget the day when I was 24 years old and got whipped by a girl in a fight

She was about 20 blackeye bruised face

She was a Tough son of a bitch

I was hailed a hero for standing up to her though

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by opie1988 View Post
    Please. You're kidding yourself.

UConn girls would've smoked your D3 team. No high school team could hang with either of these 2 girls teams.
    Are you okay in the head?

jjgold

Fuk her

Goat Milk
    Goat Milk's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10176

Quote Originally Posted by stevenash View Post
    ^
    Wow

You seriously think you can round up 7 players from the forum, challenge UConn women, 5 on 5 and beat them? UConn is a well oiled team machine that would pick and roll your pickup team to death. They wouldn't need to shoot from the outside, Geno ttaught that team 1000 ways to get underneath for an uncontested lay up. They'd high screen your buddies to death.
    Of course any organized men's team should beat them, but to suggest slapping an impromtu team of unorganized dudes together and beating a machine like that is ludicrous
    I'm 5'11 or 6' 180 pounds 7.2% body fat last check in with a 34 inch vertical and can dunk and am a good overall player, equivalent to a lower level D1 role player or 6th man. I got to watch the highlights of the Uconn game and there is a 0% chance anyone on that team would be able to guard me. And if I have one of my buddies who is much bigger than me (and I'm sure there are guys that are even bigger than him on the forum) setting screens for me at the top of the key? Forget about it. I will weave in and out of that Uconn D like it's swiss cheese and I'm sure anyone on this forum that has played ball for a long time and is athletic will tell you the same thing.

You gotta be shitting me. You're fuckin clueless.

I would no doubt average over 15 ppg in the WNBA. Easily.

katstale
    katstale's Avatar Become A Pro!

Need 2 weeks to prepare and play matchup zone and I could pick 7 guys from this forum that would crush any girls team--college or wnba. I know some of u guys never got closer to sports than looking out the window at football practice during chess club, BUT its not the same game.
    The media and political correctness gone amok disguise this fact. As a couple guys pointed out,they don't even use a "real" basketball. These goofy threads come up once a year. Please avoid the left propaganda. Get a "man card" and talk abt this issue intelligently the next time some of your nerd friends come by for drinks and brie.

jjgold

Goatee i can take you in street hoops thought anything goes including hard fouls.

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

Breanna Stewart is 6'4", has a 7'1" span and can pretty much dunk flat footed, don't take my word on this, you can always go to YouTube and check her dunks out in the McDonalds dunk contest.

You are pretty much an idiot, that's all I need to know.
    One in a thousand player though. How many girls in college hoops history can dunk?

On my varsity team my soph year of hs there were 7 guys who could dunk and that was 1991. We kept a count because dunking was a benchmark. We kept track of dunks in games and our 6'5 swing man averaged about 3 a game. I was 5'11 at the time and could not dunk til I was a 6'2" senior in 93

homie1975
    homie1975's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 10957

I am 95 pcent positive yes 95 pcent sure that a decent junior college team would beat the uconn ladies in any given game. The women would not be able to get shots off and on defense they would not be able to stop the way more athletic men. I say 95 pcent because in 5 out of 100 games the ladies 3 point heaves would hit 60 pcent so they might win

ARoot55
    ARoot55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

I am absolutely shocked people are taking Uconn women's in this argument. There isn't a D3 team in this country that would lose to them as long as they didn't try to shoot 3s all game. There are absolutely good prep or inner city teams that would shit on them as well.

ARoot55
    ARoot55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

Quote Originally Posted by trytrytry View Post
    just so you know the womens olympic hockey team team USA so think U conn hoops quality times 3 they have every good player...... loses to high school boy JV teams .. they win some of them but have lost most of them over the past 20 years including this year. .. they dont lose big but they do lose.

so a ladies hoops team like U conn vs a high school boys team is about even especially if using the boys sized ball.
    Leading up to the olympics they didn't play any JV teams just Varsity. That said these were not nationally ranked high school teams. They didn't have a close game if I recall. Closest was a loss by 3 think. They went 0-4 against these high school teams..

stevenash
    stevenash's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 32789

Quote Originally Posted by Goat Milk View Post
    I'm 5'11 or 6' 180 pounds 7.2% body fat last check in with a 34 inch vertical and can dunk and am a good overall player, equivalent to a lower level D1 role player or 6th man. I got to watch the highlights of the Uconn game and there is a 0% chance anyone on that team would be able to guard me. And if I have one of my buddies who is much bigger than me (and I'm sure there are guys that are even bigger than him on the forum) setting screens for me at the top of the key? Forget about it. I will weave in and out of that Uconn D like it's swiss cheese and I'm sure anyone on this forum that has played ball for a long time and is athletic will tell you the same thing.

You gotta be shitting me. You're fuckin clueless.

I would no doubt average over 15 ppg in the WNBA. Easily.
    I like the one about the Easter Bunny better.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by katstale View Post
    Need 2 weeks to prepare and play matchup zone and I could pick 7 guys from this forum that would crush any girls team--college or wnba. I know some of u guys never got closer to sports than looking out the window at football practice during chess club, BUT its not the same game.
    The media and political correctness gone amok disguise this fact. As a couple guys pointed out,they don't even use a "real" basketball. These goofy threads come up once a year. Please avoid the left propaganda. Get a "man card" and talk abt this issue intelligently the next time some of your nerd friends come by for drinks and brie.
    I wrestled 158 lbs in HS, and 170 in college, I played scholastic baseball too, I have played sports on a low organized level up to an including college.

I understand team and the aspect of team sports.

I got a man card, and it's been punched and validated 100 times over, no pickup team, without practice, of five men are going to beat a two time, undefeated national collegiate champion, I don't care if you have 5' 7" 230 lb Goat Milk at center.

DOM-Ganador
    DOM-Ganador's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5742

The Beavers are way freakin` better than any of us realise.
    Also well coached, play smart and would cause any bunch of average, unorganised pick-up dudes fits.
    Also they are in great shape.

Now an real D3 college team would bury them.

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by homie1975 View Post
    One in a thousand player though. How many girls in college hoops history can dunk?

On my varsity team my soph year of hs there were 7 guys who could dunk and that was 1991. We kept a count because dunking was a benchmark. We kept track of dunks in games and our 6'5 swing man averaged about 3 a game. I was 5'11 at the time and could not dunk til I was a 6'2" senior in 93

But the statement was, UConn doesn't even have a woman on it's team that could dunk.
    They have at least three, one of whom (Stewart) is a you tube sensation for her 1 handed dunk.

This is what pisses me off, clueless blind statements like that, people talking like they know what they are talking about when in fact they don't know what they are talking about.

This is my stance on this subject then I am checking out, all these last minute baseball scratches is driving me crazy.

A HS boys basketball team that understands team basketball could beat them, very good 16 and 17 year old boys that understand the team game can beat 18 and 19 year old women.

A bunch of couch potato guys on a gambling forum, that maybe had some basketball skills in school back in the day, forming an impomtu team consisting of four other couch potatos that played some organized ball in their past is not beating this team.

That is my point, unless the dudes have an idea on how to beat the women, they aren't beating that team, becuause like I said, that women's team knows how to get open underneath for a layup, and if you don't know how to come off a screen, if you don't know the concept of team basketball, you ain't got a snowballs chance in hell, just because you are a dude, and say I can beat any women at anything, but have no clue on how to go about it, doesn't mean you will.

p.s. sorry Goat, I take that back, some other comment pissed me off.

dlunc3
    dlunc3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1076

key factor would be whether the men are in shape or not.. running up and down the court out of shape could get ugly

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by DOM-Ganador View Post
    The Beavers are way freakin` better than any of us realise.
    Also well coached, play smart and would cause any bunch of average, unorganised pick-up dudes fits.
    Also they are in great shape.

Now an real D3 college team would bury them.
    This.
    Of course the D3 organized team would win, the unorganized beer drinkers that think they could beat them is in for a rude awakening.

mikeya2k
    penetrate
    mikeya2k's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2313

Dude you guys are silly.

These Uconn girls basketball TEAMS are no joke. They play some serious ball. And they have girls that can shoot 10x better than a mens D3 school.

This isn't football.

IF they hit their shots they could hang and probably could run them off the court.

These girls are bigger height wise than an average D3 mens school. Way taller

opie1988
    I have a MAJOR fukkin clue..
    opie1988's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1012

Me, Nasher, and mikeya2k are the only guys that actually get it.
    Points Awarded:

mikeya2k gave opie1988 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

SBR
    Poster of
    Year 2011

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by mikeya2k View Post
    These girls are bigger height wise than an average D3 mens school. Way taller
    Yeah, like I said, Stewart has a 7' 1" span, can pretty much dunk flat footed, and has no problem taking a body blow from a man, woman, or an Australian kangaroo.

That's why Geno offered a scholarship, if she got elbowed to the floor on a rebound, she'd spring up, run back on defense with a smile on her face. Being a UConn homer, I got to see a lot of the mens and womens games up close and personal, you should see some of the shots those women take.

mikeya2k
    penetrate

Well these people have to have some respect . This is the best girls basketball team arguably EVER!!!!

I played D2 competition and have seen some serious D2 girls that can play and hang with boys! Its basketball. These girls know how to pass, find the open girl, and more importantly they shoot at a clip that if a D3 boy shot he'd be d2 or even d1!!!!!!

I play the percentages. Breanna Stewart is 6'8/6'9 I don't care how much quicker and stronger you are good luck being a 6'4 d3 basketball player.

Would the state championship D3 mens basketball team be able to dominate a high level girls basketball team? Sure. But not this UConn team......I have watched them play multiple times and they are seriously no joke....

These girls are quick as shit and got serious handles.

You guys are underestimating the skill level these girls have on an individual level......not to mention the team basketball they play.

This isn't like comparing Alabama to the Jaguars.....

These girls could play individually on a mens D3 school and dominate and be arguably the best player on the floor........very rarely are D3 boys next level athletes, or else they would have been d2 or d1 .....

mikeya2k
    penetrate

Yeah, like I said, Stewart has a 7' 1" span, can pretty much dunk flat footed, and has no problem taking a body blow from a man, woman, or an Australian kangaroo.

That's why Geno offered a scholarship, if she got elbowed to the floor on a rebound, she'd spring up, run back on defense with a smile on her face. Being a UConn homer, I got to see a lot of the mens and womens games up close and personal, you should see some of the shots those women take.
    They are no joke...

mikeya2k
    penetrate

Honestly this isn't even a question to me.

Almost all the girls on uconn can shoot way better than a mens d3 school.....and they would 101% get open looks almost every time down the floor.

Mens best shot would be to beat them up and down the floor but a team like UConn knows how to balance the floor 101010101010 times better than a D3 mens basketball team!

I can't believe how you guys really think this wouldn't be a competitoon. Id say it wouldnt be a competition to Uconn.

Breanna Stewart shot 60% from 3 point range in the FIBA under 19 tournament!!!!!

Then to say a high school team would beat them!!?!?!!? Are you guys smoking crack.

Not to mention........Like i said in an earlier post. These girls don't play games.

Bria Hartley is nasty and would take all of you to school 1 on 1

Kaleena Lewis would be the best shooter on the floor in any D3 mens game nationwide and that is a FACT
    She was the gatorade player of the year.

Stephanie Dolson is like near 7 foot!!!

To put that in perspective. Neighboring town high school team had mens team that won the D2 state championship. Girls team went undefeated and had a legit 6'8 girl that was a blue chip probably ended up at one of these major schools. (and if not, that even goes to show how much better these Uconn girls are).
    After the season they did a fundraiser and did the boys vs girls. The Girls were up 20 at halftime and it took a MAJOR effort by the boys to even be in the game. It came down to a final possesion and they went to the girl in the post and she took the mens center to school. Mens team had 3 kids go on to play D3 ball.

/thread.

JoeVig
    JoeVig's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Some of you guys are too funny. I can't tell if u believe it or are just typing for fun. IF they use the same ball and the men pressed them they could not get it over the timeline. D3 team or high school boys team. Its not even the same game.

dlunc3

Well these people have to have some respect . This is the best girls basketball team arguably EVER!!!!

I played D2 competition and have seen some serious D2 girls that can play and hang with boys! Its basketball. These girls know how to pass, find the open girl, and more importantly they shoot at a clip that if a D3 boy shot he'd be d2 or even d1!!!!!!

I play the percentages. Breanna Stewart is 6'8/6'9 I don't care how much quicker and stronger you are good luck being a 6'4 d3 basketball player.

Would the state championship D3 mens basketball team be able to dominate a high level girls basketball team? Sure. But not this UConn team......I have watched them play multiple times and they are seriously no joke....

You guys are underestimating the skill level these girls have on an individual level......not to mention the team basketball they play.

These girls could play individually on a mens D3 school and dominate and be arguably the best player on the floor........very rarely are D3 boys next level athletes, or else they would have been d2 or d1 .....
    You must not have seen many D3 mens game... D3 is still a combo of guys who were all stars all through high school. D3 schools are still full of big men well above 6'5 and guys that can shoot the lights out.

I would be shocked if Uconn could stay within double digits vs the majority of D3 mens teams. Id be willing to bet that our bench players would even handle them.

Random guys would get smacked around by Uconn.. but a legit high school team, let alone a D3 school, would not have a problem with them whatsoever

stevenash

Quote Originally Posted by JoeVig View Post
    Some of you guys are too funny. I can't tell if u believe it or are just typing for fun. IF they use the same ball and the men pressed them they could not get it over the timeline. D3 team or high school boys team. Its not even the same game.
    My argument is can a bunch of regular dudes form a pickup team and beat the women.
    My money is on the national champions.

dlunc3

My argument is can a bunch of regular dudes form a pickup team and beat the women.
    My money is on the national champions.
    this is true 100%

dlunc3

Many D3 players are guys that could have easily been d2 or d1.. difference between 2 and 3 is minimal.. A buddy of mine (who was my backup my senior year in high school) went D1 and sat the bench.. I chose to do to a D3 school so that I could actually get pt and be a difference maker rather trying to play for a bigger school at sit the bench.. Just depends which route the players want to go. Regardless, D1 or D3, there is legit talent. Ive seen lower level D1 schools scrimmage a upper D3 school and get beat up on the court. Obviously the average D1 school would shit on the best D3 schools.. but regardless, the point is that D3 isn't full of a bunch of bums who are clueless.

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

more stupidity from the dunce.

we scrimmaged against our university's women's team and they beat us. they were better than 95% of the guys i've played against. not me of course.

BennyBigNuts
    BennyBigNuts's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1078

^
    Wow

You seriously think you can round up 7 players from the forum, challenge UConn women, 5 on 5 and beat them? UConn is a well oiled team machine that would pick and roll your pickup team to death. They wouldn't need to shoot from the outside, Geno ttaught that team 1000 ways to get underneath for an uncontested lay up. They'd high screen your buddies to death.
    Of course any organized men's team should beat them, but to suggest slapping an impromtu team of unorganized dudes together and beating a machine like that is ludicrous
    110% guarantee you 7 forum members would beat the Uconn team. I'd imagine there are 7 ppl on here with some kind of high school or college experience that are half-way in shape and can still ball.

You must not have much basketball playing experience.

When I was a sophomore on JV in high school we scrimmaged the Women's St' John's team at a summer camp, including 3 starters and wiped them off the court. Wasn't even a game.

Have you ever seen a woman's basketball?
    If men used those little peanut balls they would shoot 70% from the field in the NBA.

Women can't even come close to competing in any sport with men.
    They are hundred of miles behind us.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2486

No, actually you don't get it...stevenash is actually agreeing with us (the vast majority) saying that any organized, collegiate, mens team or even a decent high school boys team would indeed beat the UCONN ladies...he's just saying that there is no way in hell that broke dik fukks on this forum would accomplish the same feat!...

dlunc3

Quote Originally Posted by crustyme View Post
    more stupidity from the dunce.

we scrimmaged against our university's women's team and they beat us. they were better than 95% of the guys i've played against. not me of course.
    http://www.sportsbookreview.com/forum/baseball-b...s-tonight.html

http://www.sportsbookreview.com/forum/college-fo...e-posting.html

trytrytry
    All I do is trytrytry
    trytrytry's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 273425

Quote Originally Posted by BennyBigNuts View Post

Women can't even come close to competing in any sport with men.
    They are hundred of miles behind us.
    rosie napravnik the exception

First 123 Last