robbeduagain
    robbeduagain's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11170

Championship Game Selection

30-25-2 for the tournament, 2-1 on Saturday. Well, here goes.
    I'm not going to risk much on this game, just going to sit back and watch what I hope is an enjoyable game. In college basketball, guard play rules. Which guards do you go with? Shabazz and Boatright, or the Harrison twins? Both have many good qualities. One set is proven over time and has helped their team win a championship already (atleast Shabazz has). The other set is playing great basketball right now and seems to be able to make big play after big play against some of the best teams in the college game. Tough call. I don't buy the coaching disadvantage, Ollie has had great game plans throughout the tournament. I just can't get past the route these teams have taken to get here. I think Kentucky has proven that they are the best team in this tournament. I'm going with:

Kentucky -2.5

Unwritten Law
    Unwritten Law's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: -1617

should be a good game!

robbeduagain

I am adding one play.
    ​Under 62.5 first half

strybie
    strybie's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1477

two good teams ... both can win, hope we get a great and close game

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Think I'm on other team for this one, buddy.
    Usually on same side as you.
    With that said, UK has taken more of my money than any team in this tourney, while UConn has made most for me...kinda tricky...may look into a 4.5 point teaser again, but I don't know nba games today.

robbeduagain

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    With that said, UK has taken more of my money than any team in this tourney, while UConn has made most for me...kinda tricky...may look into a 4.5 point teaser again, but I don't know nba games today.
    Well, GL. One of will win! I thought about the total, leaning under, but didn't play it. Oh well. It's been fun discussing the tournament selections. I've learned a few things about handicapping.

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

Are you fairly new to sports betting? Just finished my 1st year...rough at times...lots of hot and cold periods

robbeduagain

Yes. This is my second full year. I've found the early season to be winnable. Once they go to conference play, it gets really tough. Tournaments where they play on neutral floors aren't too bad. If I would stay away from totals, I would be a lot better off.

SPKILLA
    SPKILLA's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

One of the major Keys to this game is REBOUNDING. Kentucky isone of the nation’s best when it comes to rebounding. Over the course of thetournament, Kentucky has out-rebounded their opponents by an astounding 45. IfKentucky can control the boards, then they can also control possessions and thegame tempo and Win.

I’m taking Kentucky Big Time!

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Quote Originally Posted by SPKILLA View Post
    One of the major Keys to this game is REBOUNDING. Kentucky isone of the nation’s best when it comes to rebounding. Over the course of thetournament, Kentucky has out-rebounded their opponents by an astounding 45. IfKentucky can control the boards, then they can also control possessions and thegame tempo and Win.

I’m taking Kentucky Big Time!
    Yes they have. But they have yet to completely dominate a game even with that rebounding advantage

robbeduagain

I considered that as well. I really had a very hard time with game. Wisconsin basically owned Kentucky for the whole game except that 2 minute stretch at the beginning of the second half. This has happened in their last 3 games. They just have one stretch where they totally dominate their opponent. My concern is that UConn will not play fast with a lead, and Kentucky won't be able to turn their guards over like they have with every other team they've played. It was a close call

robbeduagain

Here's to hoping that this a great game to watch, regardless of the outcome

robbeduagain

Quote Originally Posted by RollinDo View Post
    Congrats! Glad one of us got it right. I've really enjoyed the discussion. I guess I'll move on to baseball, though I haven't started out to well. Maybe I'll be able to get some ideas from some of the good cappers on the MLB forum. GL to you and hopefully we can do this again next season.

robbeduagain

0-2 tonight, 30-27-2 for the tournaments. It was fun. I had a lot of difficulty trying to figure this one out, and ultimately, I didn't. I appreciate all the commentary. On to baseball!

THam12
    Money is the motivation!
    THam12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2280

Love seeing people take losses like a man.
    Cheers to you brother.
    Go murder the books in bases!