yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

Nothing changes about Goat. He's still a stiff, stealing "tokens", in his words.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by t-wizzle View Post
    I think the nba draft is a complete farce. Anthony fukking Bennett went #1 overall last year for what reason exactly? It took 9 picks to get to Trey Burke and he's going to be one of the top 3 players in that draft. The top 10 picks are always loaded with stiffs who are selected based on "upside."
    I don't completely disagree with that, but the concerns re: Napier are valid from what I've seen. Teams should be tripping all over themselves to draft an "NBA ready" point guard at this point and they aren't. I think his ceiling is relatively low at the highest level, and I'm a big fan of Napier. He's a gritty, tough, good college PG -- the kind of player who tends to disappear after his collegiate playing days are over.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post
    Nothing changes about Goat. He's still a stiff, stealing "tokens", in his words.
    Exactly. Yet t-wizz "doesn't get" why I have a problem with him. He's the lowest of the low.

t-wizzle
    t-wizzle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2191

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    I don't completely disagree with that, but the concerns re: Napier are valid from what I've seen. Teams should be tripping all over themselves to draft an "NBA ready" point guard at this point and they aren't. I think his ceiling is relatively low at the highest level, and I'm a big fan of Napier. He's a gritty, tough, good college PG -- the kind of player who tends to disappear after his collegiate playing days are over.
    I mean he's basically like Kemba Walker and he seems to be doing just fine.

t-wizzle

Exactly. Yet t-wizz "doesn't get" why I have a problem with him. He's the lowest of the low.

Lowest of low for what reason? I like the guy. He brings personality to the table and he knows what he's talking about. Yea his football picks are a joke but his basketball analysis is always spot on. He's not the best when it comes to nba picks like he claims to be but he is pretty damn solid.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Jeezus, wizz.

The athleticism of Kemba vs. Shabazz is night and day. Kemba's one of the most athletic PG's in the NBA.

Are you serious?

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Lowest of low for what reason? I like the guy. He brings personality to the table and he knows what he's talking about. Yea his football picks are a joke but his basketball analysis is always spot on. He's not the best when it comes to nba picks like he claims to be but he is pretty damn solid.
    Well, he's a "token" stiff for starters. You don't have a problem with that? Because that speaks very strongly to his integrity (or lack thereof).

t-wizzle

Jeezus, wizz.

The athleticism of Kemba vs. Shabazz is night and day. Kemba's one of the most athletic PG's in the NBA.

Are you serious?
    What does that even mean? "Athleticism?"

TonyTall
    sober 8/18
    TonyTall's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 769

some teams get hot at certain times of the season. UConn is red hot (so far) at the absolute perfect time. running into a florida team who had a very hobbled wilbeken was very fortunate. but shabazz cant do it himself and boatright is tiny and will be totally shutdown. patric young owned uconn inside and now there are 2 better players than him uk must face. this will be ugly. uk -7.5 +200

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

What does that even mean? "Athleticism?"
    I give up. If you think Shabazz is "basically like Kemba Walker," then I can't help you.

Cuse0323
    Cuse0323's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 87

I give up. If you think Shabazz is "basically like Kemba Walker," then I can't help you.
    Better to give up, not gonna talk any sense into that moron.

t-wizzle

Can you try just once to not be a douche in one of these discussions?

Their games are similar. The only difference is that Walker is essentially an iso and blow by guy and Napier is going to use a more crafty move ala Chris Paul but at the end of the day, both are great iso players.

Whatever though, it's clear you want to act like a douche about it. You're the king of the stat line/box score without really paying attention to what's going on on the court so I don't know why I'm even wasting my time.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Is this a joke?

If they didn't both go to uconn no one would dream of making this comparison

Napier is a slightly slower, slightly better shooting version of dj augustin

The one thing that's shocking that no ones brought up is that the kid is turning 23 before the next nba season. 95% of the posters in this thread didn't know who he was after his freshman or sophomore years when every other first round pick is coming out. No wonder he's a smart player. He's got two to four times more experience than most of the guys he's playing against.

This place is Unfukkinreal
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Louisvillekid1

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

Lol @ mike conley

Mike Conley is one of the fastest and quickest players in the nba and is a pass first true point guard

Napier will be slow for his size in the nba and is a shoot first combo guard

Goat milk is a fukkin moron

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by InTheDrink View Post

Is this a joke?

If they didn't both go to uconn no one would dream of making this comparison

Napier is a slightly slower, slightly better shooting version of dj augustin

The one thing that's shocking that no ones brought up is that the kid is turning 23 before the next nba season. 95% of the posters in this thread didn't know who he was after his freshman or sophomore years when every other first round pick is coming out. No wonder he's a smart player. He's got two to four times more experience than most of the guys he's playing against.

This place is Unfukkinreal
    It has nothing to do with them both going to UConn. The comparison always gets brought up because of that but you really goin to deny that both are iso players? I pointed out the difference but both are guys who are at their best when the play breaks down. The Augustin comparison isn't a good one because Augustin has a mediocre mid-range game whereas Napier thrives pulling up from mid-range.

Lol @ mike conley

Mike Conley is one of the fastest and quickest players in the nba and is a pass first true point guard

Napier will be slow for his size in the nba and is a shoot first combo guard

Goat milk is a fukkin moron
    Lol Goat milk has probably forgotten more about basketball than you will ever know pal. You wanna bash the guy for sucking in nfl then go for it but he understands the game of basketball.

You just proved you don't really know what you're talking about with your analysis of Conley. Conley is one of the craftiest dribblers in the league. He uses his craftiness to change speeds and weaves his way to the rim. He's one of the best finishers for a point guard and is also great at circling off screens and finishing with floaters in the lane.

It's funny how many posters hate Goat Milk. Who gives a shit if he acts like a know it all, he knows his basketball.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

[QUOTE=t-wizzle;21584054]It has nothing to do with them both going to UConn. The comparison always gets brought up because of that but you really goin to deny that both are iso players? I pointed out the difference but both are guys who are at their best when the play breaks down. The Augustin comparison isn't a good one because Augustin has a mediocre mid-range game whereas Napier thrives pulling up from mid-range.

Lol Goat milk has probably forgotten more about basketball than you will ever know pal. You wanna bash the guy for sucking in nfl then go for it but he understands the game of basketball.

You just proved you don't really know what you're talking about with your analysis of Conley. Conley is one of the craftiest dribblers in the league. He uses his craftiness to change speeds and weaves his way to the rim. He's one of the best finishers for a point guard and is also great at circling off screens and finishing with floaters in the lane.

It's funny how many posters hate Goat Milk. Who gives a shit if he acts like a know it all, he knows his basketball.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, just ask him.

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year

It's funny how many posters hate Goat Milk. Who gives a shit if he acts like a know it all, he knows his basketball.
    so wait conley isnt one of the quickest players in the nba?

why did you contest my knowledge when you didnt address my point?

getting into the nba is 90% about god given talent and 10% application which is why the lottery is full of suck offs every year

napier doesnt have nearly the god given talent conley had

and like i said conley was successful as a freshman and most people never heard of napier as a freshman

wanna hear what else is funny? conley seems like he's been in the league forever....he's three years older than bazzy

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

Don't waste your time brother

t-wizzle

so wait conley isnt one of the quickest players in the nba?

why did you contest my knowledge when you didnt address my point?

getting into the nba is 90% about god given talent and 10% application which is why the lottery is full of suck offs every year

napier doesnt have nearly the god given talent conley had

and like i said conley was successful as a freshman and most people never heard of napier as a freshman

wanna hear what else is funny? conley seems like he's been in the league forever....he's three years older than bazzy
    Quickness does not equal speed. Two entirely different things. Basketball is all about changing speeds. The best players go from quick to slow in no time. Conley is a terrific example. Like I said, he's one of the most deceptive players in the league.

Oh and you're wrong on the god given talent. Conley is not nearly as gifted as some. It took him a long long time to develop into the player he is today. He was not elite until really about last year. Had to feel his way through the league and learn how to play the nba game.

Anyways, good discussion.

t-wizzle

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Don't waste your time brother
    Stay in your lane kid.

larryp0405
    larryp0405's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 996

His Ceiling for his NBA career is Derek Fisher. but he needs the right team to become derek fisher.

Uconn advantage is that napier is a senior, hes been there and done it . boatright is a junior, both are very good guards and play differently.

Kentucky is full of freshman, if you took this KU team and they stayed together for 2 more years they would be -15 favorites this game.

but that not the case here. and wont happen since most are heading to the nba this year.

Kentucky could win and uconn could win. I can see this going either way

Kentucky if they play 100% focused and on there game should win though, but thats not always the case

im a uconn fan btw they are the best bball program in the country at this point

larryp0405
    larryp0405's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 996

Quote Originally Posted by TonyTall View Post
    some teams get hot at certain times of the season. UConn is red hot (so far) at the absolute perfect time. running into a florida team who had a very hobbled wilbeken was very fortunate. but shabazz cant do it himself and boatright is tiny and will be totally shutdown. patric young owned uconn inside and now there are 2 better players than him uk must face. this will be ugly. uk -7.5 +200
    your a fool, you did not even mention deandre daniels.

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

That's great and all but all you just did was copy and paste something from a crappy website.

When you look at Napier's game, Goat hit on all the key points. Essentially what Goat is saying is that Napier is always able to get to his spot on the floor. There's not a lot of guys who have the ability to do that. I don't think people realize how much of an advantage it is to have a player who is at his best when the play breaks down. Teams can play good defense for the entire shotclock but Napier is going to make a play before that buzzer goes off 95% of the time.

Point is though, anyone who can get to his spot on the floor is going to be a really good player in the nba.
    Yeah bro he does all that real well in college for a reason. College kids are no where near the athletes in the nba. He won't be able to do have the shit he's doing in college in the nba. All star? Are you fuxking kidding me? He prolly be a decent back up but allstar? He reminds me of Nate Robinson I'd say that's his ceiling right there. Try and become the next Nate Robinson a sixth man that can come in and score. He's a good defender so he definitely has a career

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

he isnt the best guard...marcus smart shits all over him... not even sniffing the top dozen players in college, but he is playing damn good... mcd is so much better than any kid in ncaa, its scary... typical cluelessness from the goat

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

Napier = 1 hit wonder.

The music stops later on tonight.

ZetaPsi808
    July 2011 Poster of the Month
    ZetaPsi808's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1982

goat milk is forgetting Conley is 6-4 while Napier is 6-0 maybe 6-1. makes a big difference when finishing at the rim, defending, rebounding

Napier is like a poor mans version of CP3 with less talent

Conley much faster and quicker then Napier

I still love Napier as a player tho

tony_come
    tony_come's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1122

Shabazz is from Malaysia

tony_come

Napier is overrated

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaPsi808 View Post
    goat milk is forgetting Conley is 6-4 while Napier is 6-0 maybe 6-1. makes a big difference when finishing at the rim, defending, rebounding

Napier is like a poor mans version of CP3 with less talent

Conley much faster and quicker then Napier

I still love Napier as a player tho
    Conley isnt any 6-4, one look at him should tell you that.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6337

Quote Originally Posted by raydog View Post
    he isnt the best guard...marcus smart shits all over him... not even sniffing the top dozen players in college, but he is playing damn good... mcd is so much better than any kid in ncaa, its scary... typical cluelessness from the goat
    Marcus Smart lol.

tony_come

Joyer Shabazzzzzzzzz is no good and overrated

raydog
    raydog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 113

Quote Originally Posted by jtoler View Post
    Marcus Smart lol.
    if you need help understanding, just ask... but please dont embarrass yourself any further

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Kemba walker sucks, he's just a 40% chucker who takes a lot of shots on a shitty team.

Napier is even worse.

Jhart2838
    Jhart2838's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 578

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post
    Kemba walker sucks, he's just a 40% chucker who takes a lot of shots on a shitty team.

Napier is even worse.
    You mad bro?

rm18
    Update your status
    rm18's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 207814

Uconn probably wins but napier will do nothing in the pros he is not even as good as kevin ollie lol

First 12345 ... Last