Lucky1g
    Lucky1g's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6703

lucky1's March MADNESS

2013/14 Regular Season:

All Selections: 186-148-12-55.7% (DIME players are now up $23,200)

Sides: 140-116-8 55%
    Totals: 46-32-4 59%

Regular Selections: 173-139-11 55.5%
    side plays: 128-107-8 55%
    totals plays: 45-32-3 59%

**UPDATED-COMBINED TOP RATED PLAYS SINCE 2011**
    OVERALL: 50-25 66.7%

**TOP RATED**this season now: 13-9-1 59%
    side plays: 12-9 57%
    totals plays: 1-0-1 100%
    Last edited by Lucky1g; 03-17-14 at 02:59 PM.

Lucky1g

For record keeping this thread will begin at 0 wins and 0 losses. All plays beginning tmrw through championship game will be posted here typically at least an hour before tip-off...

*past results do not guarantee of future outcomes* lol ( but I'd say there's a strong chance that if you flat bet each one of my selections with me, you will see profit when it's all said and done) that means, no teasers, no parlays, no doubling up after a loss or two...nows your chance to start fresh and stick with it. You have to be able to live with a losing day. Of course at the end of the day, you live with your choices and i live with mine. For me, I have a big fat bankroll of house money to invest, and I have high expectations for this tourney. if your currently struggling to stay afloat and reading this, nows your chance to practice a little discipline and have some faith that my past results will be repeated. I'll obviously do my best to close out the season.

Will be back tmrw. Good Luck and enjoy the madness

mikmik
    mikmik's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15907

Thanks g

TakingVegasMoney
    TakingVegasMoney's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 881

Lets get after it lucky! Best of luck to everyone

AlCar G.
    Update your status
    AlCar G.'s Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 864

Quote Originally Posted by Lucky1g View Post
    For record keeping this thread will begin at 0 wins and 0 losses. All plays beginning tmrw through championship game will be posted here typically at least an hour before tip-off...

*past results do not guarantee of future outcomes* lol ( but I'd say there's a strong chance that if you flat bet each one of my selections with me, you will see profit when it's all said and done) that means, no teasers, no parlays, no doubling up after a loss or two...nows your chance to start fresh and stick with it. You have to be able to live with a losing day. Of course at the end of the day, you live with your choices and i live with mine. For me, I have a big fat bankroll of house money to invest, and I have high expectations for this tourney. if your currently struggling to stay afloat and reading this, nows your chance to practice a little discipline and have some faith that my past results will be repeated. I'll obviously do my best to close out the season.

Will be back tmrw. Good Luck and enjoy the madness
    You couldn't have put that any better for those that haven't gotten the message. I have all the faith in the world in you my friend. Your reputation is well established. NOW, CAN YOU GET MY WIFE TO STOP BETTING TEASERS??? LOL!!! I'm just kidding. She bets small money that doesn't matter to us, but she has fun with them. Although, she needs to learn the lesson.

TiredPro
    TiredPro's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 716

Just fade her the other way Alcar G and you can get it back..........we won't tell.

AlCar G.
    Update your status

Hey Lucky; there is one question that I keep meaning to ask. As you know, the key is to be profitable over the long term/season. EVERY great capper will have his winning and losing runs. In fact, I watched an interview with Billy Walters and the person asked him if he ever had a losing day. He laughed and said, "Are you kidding, I've had losing weeks and losing months."

It is nobody's business what your starting bankroll is; so don't tell us. My question is this, if a person decided that they wanted to wager 1K on every game they bet, what should their starting bankroll be? My point is that one obviously doesn't want to have to "re-fund" their accounts; so one would want to plan for a situation where their "losing run" happened at the beginning of the season. I guess the better way to put it is what percentage of your bankroll should you place on each wager (if they were to strictly follow you for example).

I only ever bet college and pro football until last year when I start betting BB. I'll be honest, I'm good enough with football where I'll just throw in 25K between the two sites I use and I have a third that I do not have to fund up front. I do track it very closely though and I always end up very profitable at the end of the season. As a result, I never really worried about the answer to the question I'm asking.

Thanks in advance my friend!!!!

AlCar G.
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by TiredPro View Post
    Just fade her the other way Alcar G and you can get it back..........we won't tell.
    LMAO!!! Yea! I'll just do it on the oppositte account she used...Haha!!!

Catchn_Picks
    Catchn_Picks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15716

Quote Originally Posted by AlCar G. View Post
    Hey Lucky; there is one question that I keep meaning to ask. As you know, the key is to be profitable over the long term/season. EVERY great capper will have his winning and losing runs. In fact, I watched an interview with Billy Walters and the person asked him if he ever had a losing day. He laughed and said, "Are you kidding, I've had losing weeks and losing months."

It is nobody's business what your starting bankroll is; so don't tell us. My question is this, if a person decided that they wanted to wager 1K on every game they bet, what should their starting bankroll be? My point is that one obviously doesn't want to have to "re-fund" their accounts; so one would want to plan for a situation where their "losing run" happened at the beginning of the season. I guess the better way to put it is what percentage of your bankroll should you place on each wager (if they were to strictly follow you for example).

I only ever bet college and pro football until last year when I start betting BB. I'll be honest, I'm good enough with football where I'll just throw in 25K between the two sites I use and I have a third that I do not have to fund up front. I do track it very closely though and I always end up very profitable at the end of the season. As a result, I never really worried about the answer to the question I'm asking.

Obv I am not Lucky Al but the most common % of BR I read about is 2-3%. I have never bet this big. I stay around 1% for key selections...I am a small bettor compared to you. I have a $3-3500 bank and bet Lucky's selections at $30-35 per...Top rated around $40 or so.

Part of this is just me. Because any loss is so inconsequential, I never get any urges to get it back or double up or just get plain stupid. Just my way. Started with $250 a couple of years ago and play all pro and college sports including MMA. Just what works for me.

gl Lucky...thank you for posting and gl all.

chunk
    chunk's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19168

Quote Originally Posted by AlCar G. View Post

I know that you addressed this to Lucky, so I hope that you don't mind me giving you my 2 cents. Personally, I subscribe to flat betting for the most part. When I "step out", I may add 1% to the play. Most advocate anywhere from 1 to 5 % of bankroll/play. It depends on comfort level in my opinion, but one thing is for sure. The negative variance will show up and cannot be avoided.....you must be able to survive this. The mistake many make is over betting and when the bankroll gets beat up, and it will, they reduce their wagers. You know what happens then of course. You go on a heater and don't realize maximum profits......not good. I play 3 % of bankroll, but keep in mind that I make hundreds of plays over the course of football and basketball seasons.

Lucky1g

Holy Cross & Brown UNDER 137

TakingVegasMoney

Holy Cross & Brown UNDER 137
    BOL Lucky. Let's get it tonight and start a run of all runs!!

Lucky1g

I am very confident in my ability to turn a profit. I do feel that I could make a good living betting on sports. I'm not interested in that though as I have a thriving and prosperous young career.

Typically I take a selective approach with my wagers. That's very much so during football season, I feel selectivity is the key.

With College hoops, there's so many games that I actually scale back my wager amounts because of the volume of games I play. I feel that the % of your bankroll should depend on many different variables but most of all your comfort level with a sustained losing streak. Im an aggressive investor and I will wager about 5% of my roll on college ball, and 10% during football season. I was flat betting to win 3k during football and I'm wagering a dime a game in college hoops. Yes I know that I put a huge chunk of my bankroll at risk on days when I play 6 and 7 games..but I'm ok with that because I will almost never get crushed and lose em all! You can't play scared....I the situation ever arose we're I needed to add money to a beat up bankroll I would in a second because I know I'll bounce back in due time...I have sufficient cash reserves to gamble like a big boy.

Every better is different. Discipline is key. A business mindset is key. And not getting too emotionally attached to your wagers is key (I still struggle with this) ....the outcomes of these games are outside our control, make an educated play and live with the results. The sun will come up tmrw and you will live to fight another day...

ok, I'm done preaching lol. Hope were on the winning side tonight, I won't be watching the game but I have looked over some good information that points to this game staying under the total tonight. Back tmrw.

BeanTownClown88
    BeanTownClown88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4131

Good luck lucky! been buidling the bank roll all season for this!

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

Holy cross may get 100

AlCar G.
    Update your status

I am very confident in my ability to turn a profit. I do feel that I could make a good living betting on sports. I'm not interested in that though as I have a thriving and prosperous young career.

Typically I take a selective approach with my wagers. That's very much so during football season, I feel selectivity is the key.

With College hoops, there's so many games that I actually scale back my wager amounts because of the volume of games I play. I feel that the % of your bankroll should depend on many different variables but most of all your comfort level with a sustained losing streak. Im an aggressive investor and I will wager about 5% of my roll on college ball, and 10% during football season. I was flat betting to win 3k during football and I'm wagering a dime a game in college hoops. Yes I know that I put a huge chunk of my bankroll at risk on days when I play 6 and 7 games..but I'm ok with that because I will almost never get crushed and lose em all! You can't play scared....I the situation ever arose we're I needed to add money to a beat up bankroll I would in a second because I know I'll bounce back in due time...I have sufficient cash reserves to gamble like a big boy.

Every better is different. Discipline is key. A business mindset is key. And not getting too emotionally attached to your wagers is key (I still struggle with this) ....the outcomes of these games are outside our control, make an educated play and live with the results. The sun will come up tmrw and you will live to fight another day...

ok, I'm done preaching lol. Hope were on the winning side tonight, I won't be watching the game but I have looked over some good information that points to this game staying under the total tonight. Back tmrw.

Thank you very much for the response Lucky. It helped a lot. Like I said I only ever bet on college and pro footbal and never had to worry and as a result never really worried about bankroll. Because I strictly follow your plays I kind of wanted to use your rule of thumb on this because I seperate my backrolls between sports so I can track it properly. I also have the same problem you have about getting too attached to my plays. I'm fortunate enough that I can afford the losses; it more about how pissed I get about the bad beats.

Thanks again!!!

AlCar G.
    Update your status

Catchn Picks & Chunk;

Thanks for responding my friends. I really appreciated it and it helped as well. In fact, I meant to invite anyone to respond but failed to; so I'm glad you did. It's such an individual thing so it's good to get several different takes.

Thanks again guys!!!!

TakingVegasMoney

Holy shit. What an ending! We were on the right side of that one boys!!!

alamo
    Why R.E.M. and not The Go-Betweens
    alamo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10890

Nice start to the madness. Good luck rest of the way G.

sportsguy04
    [Too Long]
    sportsguy04's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2431

Great call. Thanks for the play. Looked torched at half time.

Lucky1g

***UPDATED TOURNEY RECORD: 1-0 (dime players are +$1,000)

sides: 0-0

totals: 1-0

top rated: 0-0
    Points Awarded:

TakingVegasMoney gave Lucky1g 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

mikmik gave Lucky1g 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

alamo gave Lucky1g 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

GiveMeaBJ
    WIN WIN WIN
    GiveMeaBJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 335

Glad I found your thread, one of the more consistent winners I remember.

Heandog
    Heandog's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 956

good start. keep it going G

KANSAS24
    KANSAS24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2187

Quote Originally Posted by alcar g. View Post
    you couldn't have put that any better for those that haven't gotten the message. I have all the faith in the world in you my friend. Your reputation is well established. Now, can you get my wife to stop betting teasers??? Lol!!! I'm just kidding. She bets small money that doesn't matter to us, but she has fun with them. Although, she needs to learn the lesson.
    good for her!

R.P. McMurphy
    Update your status
    R.P. McMurphy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

Good stuff my man keep' em coming

Conrad99
    Conrad99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 310

Lucky, do you think UCLA has a solid shot at upsetting Florida?

AlCar G.
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by KANSAS24 View Post
    good for her!
    What's up brother! Where the hell are you hiding??? You owe to the world to have a thread....haha. I miss seeing ya around.

For those of you who may not know, Kansas is one of the "good ones"!!! He isn't able to post all the time, but when he does he is usally money. Like Lucky, he has taught me a lot about betting BB!!! In fact, I was glad to find Lucky because Lucky fits right in with Kansas' style and what he has taught me.

Tacklin Fuel
    Tacklin Fuel's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6151

Lucky1g

Mount St Mary's & Albany UNDER 139.5

gopolks
    gopolks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

Xavier Versus North Carolina State help please

Over or under 141.5? Thoughts?

thecutter
    thecutter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

Quote Originally Posted by gopolks View Post
    Over or under 141.5? Thoughts?
    Figure it out

gopolks
    gopolks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1690

Im trying, not even the bookies here in New Zealand can figure it out, seems more like a coin toss.

thecutter
    thecutter's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6480

Thanks lucky!

Lucky1g

East Carolina+3

Indiana State & Arkansas UNDER 152.5

final. Good luck tonight. Back tmrw.
    Points Awarded:

R.P. McMurphy gave Lucky1g 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

hey buddy gave Lucky1g 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

Lift2beFit
    Lift2beFit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1571

And the big dog starts it off. BOL throughout the tourney lucky

1234 ... Last