Betpoints: 421

Overall Record Update
    NCAAB= 17-21-1
    NBA= 13-5
    NHL= 0-3
    NCAAF= 1-3
    SOCCER= 1-0

Overall Record= 32-32-1 (+2.24 units)

Enjoying this nice +4 unit run comeback after my little 2 week vacation. Here's to more continued success!

SolidAsStone
    SolidAsStone's Avatar Become A Pro!

Official NBA Play

Philadelphia +21 for 2 units

SolidAsStone

I was just curious what everyone thinks to this question... What % of Posters on SBR are actually profitable players on their posted plays? And obviously don't count the fools who tend to "make record mistakes" and/or those who like to keep only win/loss records, but no units so that they can play some huge moneylines to try to make themselves look better.

My estimate is probably 1/20 who post for more than 6 months actually are profitable so I would say 5%. And I would say about 25% of posters CLAIM to be profitable, but again are just lying about past records and sadly it seems there are A LOT of people who actually fall for that.

Anyways what do you you think? Over / Under 5% for profitable posters on SBR?

RollinDo
    Pickin' up Momentum with every lost Bet!
    RollinDo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5251

I would say about 10% as posters who aren't here after 6 months likely have lost and don't care to post anymore, so I guess you can't count them.
    I will say that a select few posters on here do better than expert cappers who charge for their picks.
    My premium plays from a certain site for which I do some articles is lucky to have hit 50% on all sports since December.

RollinDo

It usually takes some hard knocks and stick-to-it-iveness to become a good capper. Gotta take some advice from them too.

SolidAsStone

Yeah being a good capper in my opinion means keeping your ego in check when doing well and always respecting the process. Staying grounded is huge IMO. And I would count the people who lose and leave.

SolidAsStone

And RollinDo that's awesome you write articles for a website. I feel like that really helps keep your brain and the anaylitical part of your brain SHARP

RollinDo

Thanks bro...but I did not bet on my actual picks. Only team in Valley that I did poorly on was Wichita St. surprisingly.
    I am on ISU ML tonight.

SolidAsStone

Play Update

Philadelphia +21 LOSS -2.2 units

One of those games that is a heartbreaker. SA was up 19 point 40 second on the clock so this was going to be there last shot of the game and Boris Diaw ends up hitting a 3 pointer to put SA up 22 points. And then to top it off the Sixers did get the lat shot off from 6 feet away for the cover, but missed it. Tough one, but its ok. Had the ball bounced the other way we would've been up 4+ units. You have to be extremely disciplined but YOU MUST take your shots when you find a game with good value. This was one of those oppurtunities and we didn't get the bounce which means next time we will. And all in all we are still in the green boys so on to the next...

SolidAsStone

Overall Record
    NCAAB= 17-21-1
    NBA= 13-6
    NHL= 0-3
    NCAAF= 1-3
    SOCCER= 1-0

Overall Record= 32-33-1 (+.04 units)

SolidAsStone

No NCAAB or NBA plays today everyone. BOL to all!

SolidAsStone

Hello Boys just checking in since I haven't had any plays lately because I have been gearing up and studying for my FAVORITE and MOST PROFITABLE sport...... America's Pastime! Nothing puts me in a better mood than Opening Day because I know the weather is only going to get better and better and also I know I will be making some good money very soon from my baseball plays. Anyway just wanted to check in and let you all know that baseball picks will be coming soon...

BigShark301
    BigShark301's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 212

YOOO Solid where are those solid picks at?! We need your consistency!

First ... 6789