RetardStrength
    RetardStrength's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6729

20-9 +12 Units

Ughhhhhhhhhhhhh is the best way to describe how I feel after an epic weekend partying non stop, and how I feel about that play yesterday. I do hate betting mutts, but I saw value in a low line against a team that is really torn apart losing a handful of starters... Then Ga St goes and puts on an absolutely abysmal performance, shooting 36% and hitting 2 3 pointers the entire game. They somehow managed to only lose by 2 points. Shows how bad Hofstra is. A little better effort, and the spread covers easily...

So I'm looking to rebound after losing my last 2 plays in very ugly fashion... I like a spot tonight. Pittsburgh has to travel to the Verizon Center in DC for a 9PM showdown against 19th ranked Georgetown Hoyas. Pittsburgh has recently suffered two tough losses, first against Cincy and then recently to Rutgers, who they are honestly better than (in my opinion). Not sure if the Cincy loss was lingering, as they continued to shoot the ball very poorly and fell behind big in the first half.

So they sit 0-2 in the Big East, and find themselves a good team at the bottom of the current rankings in conference. Tonight is a must win, and while the Hoyas have yet to lose at home this year, there is no denying some of their performances this year (at home) have been shaky... Pittsburgh has a 7-4 all time record in the Verizon Center against GTown, and suffered a very tough loss there 2 years ago in the NCAA tourney.

There are issues with the offense Pitts needs to address. Poor shot selection being a big one. Two consecutive Big East losses and a showdown tonight with the Hoyas, I look for them to play very tough defense, and truly make better decisions on the offensive side of the ball. Look for longer possessions, and less 3 point attempts. I look for them to get GTown into foul trouble.

I see a battle in this game tonight, and I see Pitts handing GTown their 2nd Big East loss, and getting their first Big East win... I'm somewhat banking on the continued offensive struggles of GTown, after another poor effort Sat against Marquette. This will certainly be a low scoring game and the current O/U indicates that. Eye the under, personally see the total around 100-105 points... ML has value as well...

My Play: Pitts +1.5 @ GTown - 1 Unit

BOL

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'
    TheBetBuysDanK's Avatar Become A Pro!

Like the play, RS!

glad you had fun, buddy!

BoL with this play!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!
    Louisvillekid1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 553

just saw this!

love that we are on same page, seems like we have been the entire season.

Must cap the exact same way, Lets get this!

RetardStrength

21-9 +13 Units

Pitt handled biz... GTown with another measly performance. Congrats to all of us who were on this play. It was certainly one of those "talked about" plays on the boards yesterday and I'm certainly glad I was early to make this a PPOTD...

Today's card is really tough. I like its size, but Vegas is razor sharp today with these lines... I usually pick out a PPOTD right away based on a line, and then continue to angle from there. I've gone back and forth on about 7 different plays now, and I think I've finally narrowed it down...

I am absolutely unimpressed with West Virginia this year. The Big 12 is no easy place to play, and West Va has ALWAYS been a contender in this conference, but this year they are just struggling big time. A bad effort against Oklahoma at HOME and the 3 wins before that were way too close for comfort. On paper, I'd expect West VA to really handle Radnor (should've won by 15+) or Eastern Kent or even Oakland... Now they have to travel to what is TRULY one of the tougher spots to play tonight.... The Frank Erwin Center.

Now don't get me wrong, Texas has been anything but consistent this season. There were certainly some big expectations for this team this year, and they've really really struggled offensively from time to time. Texas has a real opportunity tonight to make some waves in the Big 12. Handle West VA, and then travel to Iowa St and get a W there, and they are right back in the conversation as one of the stronger teams in this difficult conference.

West Va will come out firing tonight, playing "loose" ball. That's the way they play and I expect it even more so tonight when playing at this arena... A televised spot... I wonder what sort of "game plan" Bob Huggins has for this team other than "knock down shots" because you're not going to see many second chance opportunities for West Va if they miss. I could see them trying to get some of the Texas bigs in foul trouble, but with their "out of control" style of play, this may prove detrimental to any attempt at winning this game.

On the other side, Texas needs to play a controlled game. Allow West Va to run and merely keep up. Similar to how they played UNC, and they did exceptionally well. Granted they will need to knock down some shots. I do see some second chance opportunities for Texas and the possibility of getting some of West VA bigs into foul trouble, with a little help from the 'stripes @ home... If Texas controls the tempo and makes "good" decisions offensively, they win this game by DD's tonight... Allow West Va to outrun them, and they will lose this game at home and their season and Big 12 hopes is a mess.

My play: Texas -4.5 @ HOME vs. West Va - 1 Unit

BOL

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Excellent write up, this is a very tough game IMO...

Bobby Huggins teams are going to improve, I don't care if he was coaching 10 sbr posters, they will get much better. I just don't know when, just like you said both teams very inconsistent up to this point, but Texas better be ready to grind.

the line seems low and with the contradicting styles its just very tough game to predict. I totally agree about today's card it looks very sharp.

Im on the way home from work now, gotta do some paperwork and lunch , afterwards ill dive into these matchups.

Ill be rooting for you as always ...

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'

I like Texas in this spot, too. WVU has road issues. However, I feel like I have been on the wrong side on every WVU Ive bet this season. I guess I have a hard time finding a read on this squad.

Great call yesterday, bud. You and KID saved me a loss on a GT. always appreciated.

BoL today!

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

RetardStrength

If you are hesitant on Texas I would lean Richmond to handle Rhode Island @ home... The line sits at (10) but this is A10 play and Rhode Island is bad on the road, whereas Richmond plays exceptionally well at home... I see them covering this spot easily. Making this a second PPOTD...

My Play: Richmond -10 @ HOME vs. Rhode Island - 1 Unit

BOL

TheeArchBishop
    TheeArchBishop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3656

Quote Originally Posted by RetardStrength View Post
    If you are hesitant on Texas I would lean Richmond to handle Rhode Island @ home... The line sits at (10) but this is A10 play and Rhode Island is bad on the road, whereas Richmond plays exceptionally well at home... I see them covering this spot easily. Making this a second PPOTD...

My Play: Richmond -10 @ HOME vs. Rhode Island - 1 Unit

BOL
    Richmond has Derrick Williams OUT, per scoresandodds. 3rd highest scorer on team at 13PPG. Still like this play? Just want to get your opinion. Thanks.

RetardStrength

Quote Originally Posted by TheeArchBishop View Post
    Richmond has Derrick Williams OUT, per scoresandodds. 3rd highest scorer on team at 13PPG. Still like this play? Just want to get your opinion. Thanks.
    Yes... Rhode Island matches up very poorly with this Richmond team... Richmond will neutralize Munford, and if he can't go off, they don't have a chance to stay within 10 by the end... I expect a big game out of Brothers and Anthony, and see Robbins and some decent bench rotation to keep the defensive end of the bigger guys "fresh."

The fact is, Richmond knows they need to take care of business tonight at home where they play very very well. Hammer this first A10 win and then get ready to travel to Philly to play a very tough LaSalle squad...

The A10 has some very good teams towards the top, and Richmond was playing some decent ball before hitting a 3 game skid. They handled Air Force and they need to keep the steam rolling and handle this Rhode Island team tonight...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

D Will's health made me nervous...

RetardStrength

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    D Will's health made me nervous...
    I'm a firm believer that this 1 players absence does not bring Richmond down to Rhode Island's level. There are others on this squad who simply outmatch Rhode Island
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: PAULYPOKER

RetardStrength

Wow wtf happened to Richmond?? I looked and they were up 16 or 18 with about 6 mins left and I checked back at the end of the game and they were still at 60 points, and winning by 1 point... I'm lost here.

My apologies for those who tailed...

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

They choked it away,

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

YO cuz tough losses today,

Lets get'em tomorrow...

smeillin a 2x play

Starting to settle in and learn this teams...

RetardStrength

YTD 21-11 +11 Units....

WTF... Is all I have to say... Vegas/NCAA did a lot of us dirty last night!!!

Will look over today's card. Should have a play! I need to bounce back!!!

RetardStrength

21-11 +11 Units

I have 2 plays for today!

First, I like New Mex St tonight in Seattle. The WAC is a finicky conference, somewhat up for grabs, with a lot of teams finding themselves "in the middle" looking for that W against UT St, which has proven lately to be a little vulnerable with some "close" wins.

NM St is in a good spot within the conference tonight, looking to get a win on the road against a Seattle team that gives up an avg of about 73pts per game, whereas defensively, NM St is holding it's opponents to a little under the avg of 65pts per game. NM St needs to keep the foot on the gas tonight, get a big road win against what I believe is a lesser opponent, and be ready to face their next WAC opponent, a tough Idaho squad, which took UT St to the wire recently. I look for Mullings to show up and have a good outing tonight, going above his avg and getting close to, if not over the 20pt mark.

My play 1: NM St -4 @ Seattle - 1 Unit

PPOTD #2:

A bold prediction here. One that you folks might think to fade...
    I'm going to take the Denver Pioneers to travel into Idaho and get a WIN... Denver has been playing some good ball lately, really taking care of opponents, and now it faces a true road test against a tough inter-conference team in Idaho. Denver finds itself sitting 1 spot ahead of Idaho in the WAC with 1 more inter-conference win and 1 more overall win. They've been playing some exceptional defense, and I don't see them letting that up tonight. On the offensive side, they move the ball well, and their shot selection has shown in their overall FG%. I think they travel into Idaho tonight extra hungry for a win, while Idaho is still feeling the hangover from a drawn out, overtime loss to the top spot in the WAC, in UT St...

My Play: Denver +1.5 @ Idaho - 1 Unit

Yes, two WAC plays tonight. BOL!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Gl RS,

Nice write ups

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'

Alright. I will tail both.

Let$ ca$h the$e, R$!

RetardStrength

Thanks you two.

I need some damn wins tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2daBank
    2daBank's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 90

takes balls of steel playing den on the road! they did f me over and win a road gm not to long ago tho, maybe they starting a new trend? only thing i played in that gm is un 121...gl rt

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    takes balls of steel playing den on the road! they did f me over and win a road gm not to long ago tho, maybe they starting a new trend? only thing i played in that gm is un 121...gl rt
    Fukkin banker has like 100 plays a night...

Love it...

vessl
    vessl's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 525

Shouldve gone 2-0 yesterday. Sick endings to those games. Denver line is up to +3.5.

Best of luck today!

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by Louisvillekid1 View Post
    Fukkin banker has like 100 plays a night...

Love it...
    lol..i do play a lot of gms,,what can i say, lot of value in this sport ... actually only 6 so far today w a possible 7th, what can i say, not that great of card today.lol..

RetardStrength

Quote Originally Posted by vessl View Post
    Shouldve gone 2-0 yesterday. Sick endings to those games. Denver line is up to +3.5.

Best of luck today!
    Unreal, right!!? Shit happens. I'm honestly mad at myself for betting Texas cause of how horrendous they are and the fact it was televised. I had to watch that abomination from start to finish

I'm still wondering what the fukk happened with Richmond... Wonder if they allowed the women's badminton team to take over when they got to 60 points

2daBank

Quote Originally Posted by 2daBank View Post
    i swear RT, every time you like a side and i like the total we should parlay that shit,,seems to work every time...nice hit with denver!

RetardStrength

22-12 +11 Units

Damn Damn Damn... How badly I wanted those 2 wins last night!!!! NM St just couldn't get it done (in terms of the spread). Game was close throughout, but I thought with it being low, if they could maintain a tight lead to the end, some FT's would help us out. Then OT, thought we'd have another shot... Then 2OT!!! A tough game. Clear that Seattle really really wanted it. Denver with a nice win, as I thought they'd pull it out on the road...

Small card today but I'm eying a play, possibly for 2 units... Got to do some more research and will check back.

RetardStrength

YTD 22-12 +11 Units

I'm officially ready to make my play today... I've done the research, and I LOVE this line...

I'm sticking with the WAC for one more night. San Jose St is, by all means, a "good" team and they currently sit lumped right into the middle of the conference standings. This conference is anyones to be had, and I expect SJ St to come out tonight and make a serious effort, rebound the ball well, play tougher defense than they've been playing, and EXPOSE Utah St and hand them their first loss in this conference. Yes, that's right, I said LOSS.

Utah St is very, very tough. Very impressive through their first 14 games in terms of record, but when you look at the numbers, some of the scores are much closer than they should be. They shoot the ball well, they rebound well, and they score a lot, but in my opinion, they are DUE...

San Jose St looks to get done what Idaho couldn't and hand them their first conference loss. It's going to take a real conscious effort defensively but they have the ability. I really think they match up well with this team and I like that they are traveling to Ut St's house to play this game, rather than welcoming the conference leader into their home court. The Aggies are the more vulnerable team here...

Be conservative, and play the points, cause 9.5 is a TON... If you've got balls, throw a small play on the ML..

My play: San Jose St +9.5 @ Utah St Aggies - 1 Unit

BOL!

Louisvillekid1
    LAMAR MVP!

Great work as always!

Dom177
    Dom177's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1210

Quote Originally Posted by RetardStrength View Post
    YTD 22-12 +11 Units

Utah St is very, very tough. Very impressive through their first 14 games in terms of record, but when you look at the numbers, some of the scores are much closer than they should be. They shoot the ball well, they rebound well, and they score a lot, but in my opinion, they are DUE...
    Love this play. San Jose State very underrated so far this season IMO. They play tough

RetardStrength

Quote Originally Posted by Dom177 View Post
    Love this play. San Jose State very underrated so far this season IMO. They play tough

mitch51
    mitch51's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8964

Thanks for the write-up RS.
    Mitch

TheBetBuysDanK
    Stackin'

nice write up! cant argue with your logic. I cant bring myself to bet against Utah St though. they have been $$$ for me this year, so I can't bring myself to fade them.

I just have them ML tonight though, so I hope we both hit.

BoL, RS!

thanks for all your work.

PAULYPOKER
    I slipped Tricky Dick a hit of LSD!
    PAULYPOKER's Avatar Become A Pro!

Here is a great Avatar for you RS

jinxpro13
    jinxpro13's Avatar Become A Pro!

First 1234567 ... Last