ricky777
    ricky777's Avatar Become A Pro!

I've been following and have done accordlingly to the level of bets' and am down $1600 since first round. Not bashing I'm sure John is sharper than I but should have faded, Oh well would like to see the updated record but probabally will not. Any one out there willing to figure out the update? My guess is way less than 50% add juice and Oh well, still appreaciate the work John puts in, Just will not follow anymore. Thanks John, for your work, Looking forward to next NFL season which you made me money!

chief42
    chief42's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2481

Quote Originally Posted by tullamore21 View Post
    check it again.
    I wrote "damn... i like Kansas"
    I was kind of disappointed for being on the other side than JR, coz i respect him.
    Next time, be more careful before posting bullshit
    first of all "damn...i like Kansas,I will fade" does nothing for anyone in terms of information. That is a meaningless opinion without any facts to back it up. It just seems disrespectful to me to come into someone else's thread and say damn I like the other team so I will fade you. What exactly was your point and coming in after the game was over and giving yourself props for a win? I think we both know it was true that you had intentions of rubbing it in to people as well as trying to give your ego a little boost for picking a game right. My problem is exactly described above. Do not come into a thread saying that your going to fade a play and then rub it in after you've won with it. That does not seem very respectful at all. Call it what you want, but that is how I see it and I'm sure others who were on the other side see it as well.

tullamore21
    Update your status
    tullamore21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3213

Quote Originally Posted by chief42 View Post
    first of all "damn...i like Kansas,I will fade" does nothing for anyone in terms of information. That is a meaningless opinion without any facts to back it up. It just seems disrespectful to me to come into someone else's thread and say damn I like the other team so I will fade you. What exactly was your point and coming in after the game was over and giving yourself props for a win? I think we both know it was true that you had intentions of rubbing it in to people as well as trying to give your ego a little boost for picking a game right. My problem is exactly described above. Do not come into a thread saying that your going to fade a play and then rub it in after you've won with it. That does not seem very respectful at all. Call it what you want, but that is how I see it and I'm sure others who were on the other side see it as well.
    i am not the idiot you describe above. I didn't rub anything to anynone. So you are saying that we are not free to express our opposite thought in a thread? Then why this is called "thread"? Are you idiot or something?
    If so, then there were no arguments here.
    I can back my opinion saying to you, to find a previous post of me, of rubbing (as you have already said) a correct pick of mine to other people's face, you donk.
    Search the current thread and tell me the place i was disrespectful to John or anyone else.
    Don't talk of others, keep your stupid opinion for yourself.

samdapatriotsfan
    samdapatriotsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1040

All In 101
    All In 101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 210

John, what is the opinion on the Washington St./Pittsburgh game tonight?

John Ryan
    John Ryan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3250

I think a little lean toward the 'UNDER' The public will bet the Big East team too, so i think WSU is worth a look.

chief42

i am not the idiot you describe above. I didn't rub anything to anynone. So you are saying that we are not free to express our opposite thought in a thread? Then why this is called "thread"? Are you idiot or something?
    If so, then there were no arguments here.
    I can back my opinion saying to you, to find a previous post of me, of rubbing (as you have already said) a correct pick of mine to other people's face, you donk.
    Search the current thread and tell me the place i was disrespectful to John or anyone else.
    Don't talk of others, keep your stupid opinion for yourself.
    Well it certainly doesn't take any intelligence to say I will fade you on this game, without any statistics or facts to back it up. Anyone can come on here and say that. Yes, it is the purpose of this thread to share ideas and opinions to further our knowledge of sports betting together. It is not the purpose to post a side without any logic or reason. What does that do exactly to promote sports betting knowledge or information so that we may all beat the books, our common enemy. Furthermore, you come back into the thread and post something to the liking of this, "Nice job tulla" after your win with Kansas. That shows tremendous class and lack of respect, which you somehow fail to admit and understand. I tried to comprehend your rebuttal to this, "I can back my opinion saying to you, to find a previous post of me, of rubbing (as you have already said) a correct pick of mine to other people's face, you donk. ", but it did not make any grammatical sense. Did you really think that congratulating yourself after a win is backing your opinion?? It is funny how you say that you are not disrespectful, yet you choose to act childishly by responding with words like idiot and donk. Even better, you ask me to, "Search the current thread and tell me the place i was disrespectful to John or anyone else.", as if this example was not good enough. Well I am not sure why you opened yourself up for that one, but here is one you posted just the other day,
    John, you can't hitanythng at the Tourney
    . I am sorry to clog up your thread John and other followers. Let's get back to Basketball and beating the books! Good luck to you sir.

johno35
    johno35's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks John, I got the under and WSU. Thanks for all your picks throughout the season!

Ncs87ftball
    Ncs87ftball's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 162

Looks like a little reverse line movement on the Gophers tonight... They looked good last game... any thoughts??

Tanko
    Slow roll
    Tanko's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 24550

Final 4 Analysis

John,
    As always, great analysis on your "Final Four 2012 Betting Preview & Odds". I'm leaning towards the over on the Kent/Louis game. Kentucky has been over 5 out of the last 6. In spite of Louisville bringing in the "under" 10 out of the last 12, we are talking about a different level of play when going against Kentucky. If anyone believes Kentucky will dominate (of which I am 1 of that crowd), you really got to go with the over.

As I write this note, I begin to realize, Pitino is no dummy. He likely realizes this too and will slow this sucker down to a crawl. Damn the second guessing.

All In 101

What does everyone think on the Washington/Minnesota game tonight?

John Ryan

I think Minnesota as a lean (opinion) only and barely that. I like Pitt tonight to win fairly easily ATS.

chief42

John, can we get an updated record for the overall season? Also, can we get a record for the the tournament?

John Ryan

John, can we get an updated record for the overall season? Also, can we get a record for the the tournament?
    I have been meaning to do that for several days. I have been working on a mammoth MLB project for SBR. some of the articles are already out. If you feel up to it see what you come up with for the updated record and I'll double check. Thanks

I have nothing for tonight. but two 5* plays in the NBA thread.

polishkielbasa10
    polishkielbasa10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4789

has it come to the point that John should be listing his picks as -5*, -10* and -20*? Just asking. I looked at his picks for the last few weeks, and am not sure he's won 1

chief42

Quote Originally Posted by polishkielbasa10 View Post
    has it come to the point that John should be listing his picks as -5*, -10* and -20*? Just asking. I looked at his picks for the last few weeks, and am not sure he's won 1
    Hey at least you didn't play them, could be worse.

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Tanko View Post
    John,
    As always, great analysis on your "Final Four 2012 Betting Preview & Odds". I'm leaning towards the over on the Kent/Louis game. Kentucky has been over 5 out of the last 6. In spite of Louisville bringing in the "under" 10 out of the last 12, we are talking about a different level of play when going against Kentucky. If anyone believes Kentucky will dominate (of which I am 1 of that crowd), you really got to go with the over.

As I write this note, I begin to realize, Pitino is no dummy. He likely realizes this too and will slow this sucker down to a crawl. Damn the second guessing.

Not second guessing, but the 'over' is the obvious play and when something is too good to be true it often is.

Davis is the second freshman and first-ever Kentucky player to win the award. He averaged the fewest points per game of any previous winner, but it has been his defense that has been most noteworthy. He is also the SEC player, freshman, and defensive player of the year. The other freshman to win the award is Former Texas star and now Oklahoma City NBA All Star Kevin Durant. He averaged 14.3 PPG, 10.0 rebounds and 4.6 blocks and shot an incredible 64% from the field. He set the Kentucky school record for blocks in a season and is third-best all-time for a freshman.

So, this Kentucky team is just not being recognized for their stellar defensive play.

I have released a 20* Titan on Kentucky - 8 1/2 -110

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Swinging Johnson View Post
    What truly amazes me is John's restraint. He torches the books for weeks at a time then runs into a cold spell and the Haterade gets poured all over this thread despite there being over 136,000 views. I couldn't get that many views if I posted naked pictures of my wife.....ok, granted bad example but I think you know where I'm going.

JR, keep on keepin on and don't be shy about flaming some of these posters but we all know that's not your style Crazy Legs.
    Thanks.. I know where the goal is and I just don't allow any distractions to take energy away from that goal.

John Ryan

Updated record is 103-104 with 5* Titan plays, 10* plays have slipped to 23-16 ATS, and 20* plays at 5-4. So, overall, hitting 131-124 ATS, but when we adjust it based on the star rating money management methodology the money made then becomes the following:

103-104 for 5*, then 10* record gets doubled the five star amount to 46-32 and 20* gets multiplied by four to a 20-16 ATS mark. Now, all three levels of best are based on a 5* amount so the result is 169-152 ATS. So, wagering $100 per star unit play, for example, has made a modest profit of 84,500 - 76,000 netting $8,500.

Not the best of seasons, but still a gain and since doing threads on SBR I have yet to have a losing season in any sport and MLB, my personal favorite starts next week!

chief42

Quote Originally Posted by John Ryan View Post
    Updated record is 103-104 with 5* Titan plays, 10* plays have slipped to 23-16 ATS, and 20* plays at 5-4. So, overall, hitting 131-124 ATS, but when we adjust it based on the star rating money management methodology the money made then becomes the following:

103-104 for 5*, then 10* record gets doubled the five star amount to 46-32 and 20* gets multiplied by four to a 20-16 ATS mark. Now, all three levels of best are based on a 5* amount so the result is 169-152 ATS. So, wagering $100 per star unit play, for example, has made a modest profit of 84,500 - 76,000 netting $8,500.

Not the best of seasons, but still a gain and since doing threads on SBR I have yet to have a losing season in any sport and MLB, my personal favorite starts next week!
    Hey John, thank you very much for updating your record, I was unable to do so with work and other obligations. Money is money and we will take it any way we can get it.

All In 101

John what do you think about the Washington St/Pittsburgh game tonight. Washington St covered the first game in Pittsburgh . Do you think they cover the spread again tonight at 7?

chief42

By the way, if you are a $50 per 5* like myself, that record of 169-152 translates to $8,450( 169x50)-$8,360(152x55(-110)) for a total profit $90 or 1.9 units profit. If you happened to buy any .5 point from time to time, you probably did not make anything. (I think John forgot to add juice in his calculations.)
    Last edited by chief42; 03-30-12 at 05:10 PM.

JJJ
    JJJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

By the way, if you are a $50 per 5* like myself, that record of 169-152 translates to $8,450( 169x50)-$8,360(152x55(-110)) for a total profit $90 or 1.9 units profit. If you happened to buy any .5 point from time to time, you probably did not make anything.
    Your real worried about it man.... followed thread entire year I doubt anyone played every play entire year...record wasnt even kept like last month or so either....kinda a waste... to each its own though just my opinion

Dmoneytx
    Dmoneytx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 566

I agree with JJJ 100%! I didn't see an updated record on here forever! And how can u be considered a SOLID capper if you barely hit half of your BIG 20 star "titan" plays??? And your regular 5 star plays are not even over .500??? Personally, I think Ryan doesn't even pick these plays. Everyone is scratching their heads as to the style of the write ups & the constant mis communication. Like it doesn't seem like him. Well, guess what??? Probably a 99% chance that it isn't him. Hello?? Is everyone in this thread that far gone?????
    And the TWO nba plays tonight??? Both terrible. Both losers. Just like most of his plays I see. This should be a fade thread. Several people have said the same thing. I'm starting to think that they are absolutely right.
    I think this thread is a joke. I now pop in here to laugh at all the losers he (or whoever else) posts. I mean come on, ONLY two nba's tonight on a big card and he isn't even close on either????? That is terrible. I don't care what anyone says. That is just flat out crappy. LOL.
    BOL to all of those who actually put money on "John Ryan's" plays. LOL. Ya'll will need all the luck you can get following this guy.

That reminds me, didn't "John Ryan" have a 20 star "titan" super pick that lost by like 40 something points the other day. LMAO. Can't wait to see what his "BIG" plays are tommorrow........

Dmoneytx

I recently gave praise over J.R's picks but while watching this Kansas game, took a deeper look into the archives... And i have to ask myself. Why can't any of your high graded 10-20* picks (except for the 20* 76er's pick weeks ago- which also is what a 20* pick should represent) just be a win where you don't feel like you've been wearing a sweatsuit for 2.5 hours. Or even just be a win. Seriously there's more than a dozen plays a night that highly exploit the Vegas line that experienced clappers capitalize on, and the more closely i look at yours, they just look like coin flips. Someone flipping a coin will be flip higher than 50%, 49.8% of the time. Your gonna win occasionally. Maybe baseball or football more your thing i don't know? But b-ball doesn't seem to be it. I'm not here to blast in haste because i only had $50 on this game and it had been my choice to take part in your thread, but I've just come to see the light. I'm sure others lost alot more than me just because of your highly "10-20*" grade plays. Sure your insight and analysis is free.... But looking back it doesn't look anything near spectacular, and it's costing your trailers a ton. my next bet would be on that 70% of your loyal followers probably flip a coin better than you can, atleast on b-ball. My J.R. experience is gone with the wind. It was fun for awhile. I wish everyone the best. And have confidence that your probably better off capping your own games.

******Somebody wrote this on March 24th! How funny. I couldn't agree with it more

Dmoneytx

And I looked at Johns record for the nba season. Those numbers, simple math, need to be checked. And I agree with what chief, if juice was NOT added into those numbers (which they don't look they are) then that changes the net profit greatly. He says by using 100 per star unit play, that you be up 8,500. But when we bet 100, we don't win 100. Its like 90 or 85 or 92. But when we bet 100 and lose, we lose 100. That would knock his net profit to zero. Or most likey in the red, negative. Seems to me, basketball just isn't his sport. Maybe he is good at baseball, but looking at picks that he probably isn't even picking or writing up himself, is gambling if you ask me. Seriously, BOL to anyone who gambles with this guy during basketball season.

Dmoneytx

And I agree with chief. If juice was not added to those numbers that John gave us, then that makes a big difference. He says if 100 is a star unit play, then we would be up 8500. When we bet 100 and win, we win like 90 or 85 or 92, etc..... When we bet 100 and lose, we lose 100. So that would take his net profit to probably 0. Quite possibly in the red, negative. Maybe he is good at baseball, but I could not consider him a good capper for basketball with a negative net profit. Plus, from what I have read on here, ya'll aren't even convinced that it is him who is picking the play and/or doing the write ups anymore.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28769

ive definatley made money this year john!!!

thanks bud

Uniden
    Uniden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

Hey.....I got and idea? Quit posting and stop complaining when you guys lose your lunch money! If you don't think he is good, then shut up and leave. DO something different like.....CAP YOUR OWN GAMES!!!! Imagine that concept!

Jesus it get old EVERY time he has a bad stretch. That's a good idea Chief....NOW stop following him. You are probably down more than you normally are because he hads a nice run a while back, and now you are losing a lot of lunch money. Welcome to betting. Just stop and stop complaining on this site. It just gets old.

Good luck to all today!!!

John Ryan

By the way, if you are a $50 per 5* like myself, that record of 169-152 translates to $8,450( 169x50)-$8,360(152x55(-110)) for a total profit $90 or 1.9 units profit. If you happened to buy any .5 point from time to time, you probably did not make anything. (I think John forgot to add juice in his calculations.)

I di forget to add the juice and thanks for pointing that out.. I do believe we are up though if you would include the money line winners that were not part of the ledger.. Still, i wish it would have been closer to the 60% ATS target.. One issues has been the TON of 5* Titan plays. Not easy to make money with over 200 plays... but the sim said play and we did. No regrets

John Ryan

20* Kentucky and 5* 'over' Kansas/Ohio State

Check the research on both on the site pages and also check out Swinging Johnson's article too. I will be here at game time. I am going to look at a few prop best too and release them later this afternoon...

College Hoops has been the one sport that can give me trouble to hit that 60% ATS goal. No excuses. I have made profits though in every sport I have covered now and MLB is forthcoming next week, which has produced some of best years in any sport.

tullamore21
    Update your status
    tullamore21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3213

@chief

you are funny, you cannot understand my point.
    the phrase; "you cannot hit anything at the tourney" is not disrespectful at all. But it can be, if that gives you any kind of satiscation.
    Good luck to your picks too, sir

justwinthisone
    justwinthisone's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4980

Quote Originally Posted by John Ryan View Post
    20* Kentucky and 5* 'over' Kansas/Ohio State

Check the research on both on the site pages and also check out Swinging Johnson's article too. I will be here at game time. I am going to look at a few prop best too and release them later this afternoon...

College Hoops has been the one sport that can give me trouble to hit that 60% ATS goal. No excuses. I have made profits though in every sport I have covered now and MLB is forthcoming next week, which has produced some of best years in any sport.
    John

I'm not saying that game won't go over but I believe historiclly shooters struggle a lot more in domes....

Look at these stats below that I saw on espn

Fg % in 2011 NCAA tourney

Uconn in arenas 45.3% and in domes 40.4%
    butler in arenas 42.2% and in domes 26.8%
    Kentucky in arenas 48.3% and in domes 33.9%
    vcu in arenas 44.6% and in domes 41.5%

John Ryan

I think the first game will be an under typ and the second an over. In my opinion, the difference is that these teams in the Final Four get a lot of dunks, layups and shot attempts within 10 feet or less. The teams you mentioned were perimeter based teams for the most part. Again, just m,y take on that

John Ryan

As a prop bet I like taking there will be a lead over 15 1/2 points -110 in the first game. 3* amount.

First ... 293031323334 Last