CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER
    CollegeOverUnder's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 217

ESPN ( Official Preseason Rankings Released )

Wow Im baffled by these rankings I think this is one of the worst preseason polls I've seen in a long time in college basketball. It doesn't make all that much sense to me. My arguments are listed below

1 North Carolina (30) 0-0 774
    2 Kentucky (1) 0-0 721
    3 Ohio State 0-0 702
    4 Connecticut 0-0 655
    5 Syracuse 0-0 649-------------- perfect spot
    6 Duke 0-0 635
    7 Vanderbilt 0-0 567------------ I just can't give this team love because its the same teams last year
    8 Louisville 0-0 514
    9 Memphis 0-0 482
    10 Florida 0-0 474--------------- perfect spot
    11 Pittsburgh 0-0 471
    12 Baylor 0-0 358
    13 Kansas 0-0 331---------------noooooooooo
    14 Wisconsin 0-0 313
    15 Xavier 0-0 277---------------- could be a tad bit higher
    16 Arizona 0-0 269
    17 Alabama 0-0 194
    18 Michigan 0-0 187
    19 Texas A&M 0-0 161
    20 UCLA 0-0 147---------------- perfect spot
    21 Marquette 0-0 145
    22 Cincinnati 0-0 141------------------ George Mason?????????
    23 Gonzaga 0-0 125
    24 California 0-0 111---------------Should be Butler
    25 Missouri-----------------------------Should be Washington ( Need to be ranked somewhere )

Biggest question mark I have is Wisconsin being ranked 14th. I don't give a **** if they have a player of the year candidate on their team or not he isn't jammer fredette, he isn't Stephen Curry, and he sure as hell isn't close to Kemba Walker. I don't give a **** if Wisconsin is ranked in the 20s but they are not the 14th best team in the country. So anyways I just looked at their out of conference schedule and its a loaded schedule ill give them that. If they make it through that schedule then ill shut the **** up because that is a load out of conference schedule to play.

Kansas is ranked 13th in the polls and somehow they were picked to win the Big 12 this year to....... I mean sure I could be proven wrong in this spot because Kansas is a traditional power but I just don't no how they can be picked to win the Big12 this year Also known as the Big 12-2 teams, but again they can be ranked but 13th in the country is way to highhhhh.

Louisville @ 8th in the rankings. Ok I don't have to much of a problem with that but for everyone that said Ville was a top 5 program going into the season I just want to say no way in hell. They will drop from the 8 spot easily.

I like Missouri I think they are a quality program but I'm not sure they should be in that 25 spot what about the Butlers, Washington, George Mason.

Like seriously where in the hell is Washington in all of this nonsense???????? Washington is a team that needs to be ranked somewhere in this all.

Butler isn't even ranked why in the world is this program not even getting listed on the top 25? I don't care if they lost a crap load of talent we all know that eventually they will be ranked in the rankings. Pending what happens in the Purdue and Ville games though.

I feel like Michigan should be getting just a tad bit more love but nothing wrong with where they are placed.

Cincinnatti is ranked oh my goodness. Take a look at their out of conference schedule. Same story as last year why isn't Cincy Ranked why isn't Cincy ranked then they finally get ranked and run into a good team and lose. This team is gonna get over hyped IMO. I could be completely wrong just my thoughts though. They have a game @ Georgia @ Xavier. Then you throw in the Alcorn St., Jacksonville St, Presybytarian, Northwestern St, Marshall, Miami Ohio, Radford, Arkansas Pinebluff, and Chicago St. What the **** do you get out of that a #22 team roflmao. The game I actually wanna see is if they can handle Wright St.

Great to see Marquette getting the love they deserve I love this Quette team great club to watch play ball great coach great raw talent great heart put into the game at this program job well done on getting put in the polls.

California snuck into the polls interesting. I mean I could see them as a 26-35 team but will just have to wait and see

numismatist
    Le roi est mort, vive le roi...
    numismatist's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1369

Dude, you are going to be sorry you thought Wisconsin sucked this year. ESPN is trying to tell you something.
    Sure, I am a homer, Wisconsin is my team, but when you have the best PG in the country and Bo Ryan, you've got a good basketball team.

numismatist

I agree with you Washington should be ranked.

EasyHustlin
    EasyHustlin's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 234

In a few months all the preseason polls will be where they belong, the trash.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by numismatist View Post
    Dude, you are going to be sorry you thought Wisconsin sucked this year. ESPN is trying to tell you something.
    Sure, I am a homer, Wisconsin is my team, but when you have the best PG in the country and Bo Ryan, you've got a good basketball team.
    he isn't the best point guard in the country man .

numismatist

Quote Originally Posted by CollegeOverUnder View Post
    he isn't the best point guard in the country man .
    I think he is. I also think he is a potential player of the year candidate.
    Who is in your opinion?

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by numismatist View Post
    I think he is. I also think he is a potential player of the year candidate.
    Who is in your opinion?
    well if you read my post you would see that I did mention he could be a potential player of the year candidate but you have to compare to last years jimmer and kemba and he certainly can't shoot like curry did.

I don't no if Wisconsin actually has any true scorers other then Taylor and every team in the big 10 is gonna know this also. Wisconsin is gonna run into a boat load of trouble against Illinois's line up.

As far as Point Guards go Ill take Tu Holloway out of Xavier, DJ Cooper out of Ohio, Dee Bost out of Mississippi St.

Taylor just doesn't have enough talent around him to make him look really good

mlb
    mlb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12779

Taylor is top 5 pg maybe top 3 but what raises an interesting question is does the offense he play in hurt him or help him ... everyone knows they play a defensive slow it down style where Taylor controls the ball and the clock ... what if he were in a more of a run and gun?? How would he do then ...since we don't know that we have to look at him in his system and he is a perfect candidate for that offense

VegasInsider
    Update your status
    VegasInsider's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 18

UConn should be ranked #2 behind Carolina. They have Lamb returning and hit the jackpot when Drummond got a scholarship to Storrs. UConn is going to VERY tough this year. I can't wait for the UConn/Syracuse game Feb 11th at the Carrier Dome. After that, they battle two weeks later in Hartford (Probably get tickets to that game).

I'll also be attending the UConn/PC game in late February at the Dunk in Providence. Only about a week before the Big East tournament starts!

I love Big East basketball!!

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

I actually think UCONN is in just the right spot. Its more so we no they will be good as they should be good but we no more about North Carolina, Ohio St, and Kentucky as whole.

makinmoney11
    makinmoney11's Avatar Become A Pro!

michigan is over rated every year.

Pitt should be much higher

makinmoney11
    makinmoney11's Avatar Become A Pro!

Why is Ohio state #3? they lost 4 of their top players????

Pride
    rally rally rally
    Pride's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 200

kentucky and north carolina are so much better than everyone else

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Duke is another team that is ranked based on reputation, I don't think they are a top 10 team this year. I have them finishing third in the ACC with MIAMI splitting them and UNC, although UNC should run away with things. I actually see Vandy having the "same team as last year" as a GOOD thing, they are probably the most experienced team in the country. I like California to win the Pac-12 at 8/1, and I actually think Michigan is UNDERrated for a change. I think they finish second in the Big Ten and are worth a flier at 40/1 to win it all. After all is said and done, I sadly agree with the whole world that it will be UNC over Ky in the Championship Game, and besides Michigan, another good bomb candidate is Vandy at 30/1.

upscope
    upscope's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6685

Sounds like OP has a personal vendetta against Wisconsin??

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Duke is another team that is ranked based on reputation, I don't think they are a top 10 team this year. I have them finishing third in the ACC with MIAMI splitting them and UNC, although UNC should run away with things. I actually see Vandy having the "same team as last year" as a GOOD thing, they are probably the most experienced team in the country. I like California to win the Pac-12 at 8/1, and I actually think Michigan is UNDERrated for a change. I think they finish second in the Big Ten and are worth a flier at 40/1 to win it all. After all is said and done, I sadly agree with the whole world that it will be UNC over Ky in the Championship Game, and besides Michigan, another good bomb candidate is Vandy at 30/1.
    Im not gonna say I'm not a fan of Duke I've always liked Duke more then North Carolina and I do agree with you 10% that it is their reputation putting them up their. They really are a good program but yes most likely overrated this year, but that is ok.

I don't really know why I have such a dislike for Wisconsin I can't really give a real reason just never really caught on for some reason.

Vanderbilt lmao I will not put a dollar on that team to win a game in the NCAAs let a lone put a $1 on them to win the National Championship lol. Thats just a program who I have no interest in what so ever and I'm just waiting to see them screw up again as usual.

I don't know if you have seen Gods Gift play yet from Syracuse but that kid could cause huge huge huge matchup problems for Ohio St. Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina, UCLA, Baylor , Gonzaga basically any team that is known for having a strong presence in the paint. I was really impressed by what he could do with the ball

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Wow Im baffled by these rankings I think this is one of the worst preseason polls I've seen in a long time in college basketball. It doesn't make all that much sense to me. My arguments are listed below

1 North Carolina (30) 0-0 774
    2 Kentucky (1) 0-0 721
    3 Ohio State 0-0 702
    4 Connecticut 0-0 655
    5 Syracuse 0-0 649-------------- perfect spot
    6 Duke 0-0 635
    7 Vanderbilt 0-0 567------------ I just can't give this team love because its the same teams last year
    8 Louisville 0-0 514
    9 Memphis 0-0 482
    10 Florida 0-0 474--------------- perfect spot
    11 Pittsburgh 0-0 471
    12 Baylor 0-0 358
    13 Kansas 0-0 331---------------noooooooooo
    14 Wisconsin 0-0 313
    15 Xavier 0-0 277---------------- could be a tad bit higher
    16 Arizona 0-0 269
    17 Alabama 0-0 194
    18 Michigan 0-0 187
    19 Texas A&M 0-0 161
    20 UCLA 0-0 147---------------- perfect spot
    21 Marquette 0-0 145
    22 Cincinnati 0-0 141------------------ George Mason?????????
    23 Gonzaga 0-0 125
    24 California 0-0 111---------------Should be Butler
    25 Missouri-----------------------------Should be Washington ( Need to be ranked somewhere )

Biggest question mark I have is Wisconsin being ranked 14th. I don't give a **** if they have a player of the year candidate on their team or not he isn't jammer fredette, he isn't Stephen Curry, and he sure as hell isn't close to Kemba Walker. I don't give a **** if Wisconsin is ranked in the 20s but they are not the 14th best team in the country. So anyways I just looked at their out of conference schedule and its a loaded schedule ill give them that. If they make it through that schedule then ill shut the **** up because that is a load out of conference schedule to play.

Kansas is ranked 13th in the polls and somehow they were picked to win the Big 12 this year to....... I mean sure I could be proven wrong in this spot because Kansas is a traditional power but I just don't no how they can be picked to win the Big12 this year Also known as the Big 12-2 teams, but again they can be ranked but 13th in the country is way to highhhhh.

Louisville @ 8th in the rankings. Ok I don't have to much of a problem with that but for everyone that said Ville was a top 5 program going into the season I just want to say no way in hell. They will drop from the 8 spot easily.

I like Missouri I think they are a quality program but I'm not sure they should be in that 25 spot what about the Butlers, Washington, George Mason.

Like seriously where in the hell is Washington in all of this nonsense???????? Washington is a team that needs to be ranked somewhere in this all.

Butler isn't even ranked why in the world is this program not even getting listed on the top 25? I don't care if they lost a crap load of talent we all know that eventually they will be ranked in the rankings. Pending what happens in the Purdue and Ville games though.

I feel like Michigan should be getting just a tad bit more love but nothing wrong with where they are placed.

Cincinnatti is ranked oh my goodness. Take a look at their out of conference schedule. Same story as last year why isn't Cincy Ranked why isn't Cincy ranked then they finally get ranked and run into a good team and lose. This team is gonna get over hyped IMO. I could be completely wrong just my thoughts though. They have a game @ Georgia @ Xavier. Then you throw in the Alcorn St., Jacksonville St, Presybytarian, Northwestern St, Marshall, Miami Ohio, Radford, Arkansas Pinebluff, and Chicago St. What the **** do you get out of that a #22 team roflmao. The game I actually wanna see is if they can handle Wright St.

Great to see Marquette getting the love they deserve I love this Quette team great club to watch play ball great coach great raw talent great heart put into the game at this program job well done on getting put in the polls.

California snuck into the polls interesting. I mean I could see them as a 26-35 team but will just have to wait and see

LOL I just got back from work and went straight to ESPNs college basketball page to look at what happened today and first thing I spot is CINCINATTI loses to fking presbyterian! I new that shit was to good to be true look at that shit ass program being overhyped i wrote it down to. So funny another ranked team going down early nice to see these mid major programs doing work even though Presbyterian is hardly a division I school they just turned into a DI school like last year lol.

And Kansas well they already lost saw that one coming a mile away

I was pending on the Butler vs VILLE and PURDUE games I still figure BUTLER to creep into the rankings at the very end of the year though. Im a monster BUTLER fan I love the way that team is coached. I noticed this year that they have a more athletic team then usual and that sadly might be causing them problems lol. Butlers past teams were never super athletic and this years team is Athletic hahah. Next years team is gonna be even better and then the year after that they have a SUPER 60 player coming oh boy that will be a great site.

I noticed I wrote that I felt like Michigan should be getting a tad bit more love but that was before I new they would be playing Memphis in the MAUI INVITE. Im pretty anxious for that MAUI INVITE line to be posted I feel like I'm gonna pull out a 5X UNIT play on MEMPHIS in that game.

I havnt seen Wisconsin play yet but really anything I say about Wisconsin just ignore because I just don't like the program in general. Their first real test of the season is against UNC right now they have a bunch of cupcakes that won't justify or prove anything

I love Marquette and I will back that team night in and night out all year . Love the coach love the program love how he recruits love his style of basketball love their blue uniforms love the heart those kids play with.

California! Wow UCLA laying an egg Im just baffled by what UCLA is not doing lol and what California is doing ! Good for them the Cal Bears I wish them the best of luck.

Missouri I havnt noticed yet still to early in the season haunt seen them play yet.

Im notcing Washing is 3-0 right now but have a real test traveling to play @ St. Louis against Rick Majerus well coached squad! Should be a great game

But CINCY LOL what a joke bad coach bad program
    Last edited by CollegeOverUnder; 11-20-11 at 01:12 AM.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Im not gonna say I'm not a fan of Duke I've always liked Duke more then North Carolina and I do agree with you 10% that it is their reputation putting them up their. They really are a good program but yes most likely overrated this year, but that is ok.

I don't really know why I have such a dislike for Wisconsin I can't really give a real reason just never really caught on for some reason.

Vanderbilt lmao I will not put a dollar on that team to win a game in the NCAAs let a lone put a $1 on them to win the National Championship lol. Thats just a program who I have no interest in what so ever and I'm just waiting to see them screw up again as usual.

I don't know if you have seen Gods Gift play yet from Syracuse but that kid could cause huge huge huge matchup problems for Ohio St. Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina, UCLA, Baylor , Gonzaga basically any team that is known for having a strong presence in the paint. I was really impressed by what he could do with the ball

ahahaha I also notice I was bitching about Vanderbilt in this post and yea I was right about that one to losing to Cleveland St. Fked up their STOCK for the NCAAs so much and Cleveland Sts stock went over the roof. Cleveland St. is praying to god Detroit and Butler can get some big wins against the BCS school and ranked programs they still have left to increase the Horizion league bids to 2 this years
    Last edited by CollegeOverUnder; 11-20-11 at 01:13 AM.

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Don't worry about Vandy, they are without Ezeli right now and Jenkins got hurt during the Cleveland State loss. Heck, I bet against Vandy on Saturday with NC State thinking Wolfpack would dominate the boards with Ezeli out and naturally Vandy covers. Bastards. Point is I wouldn't want to be facing Commodores come March.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Don't worry about Vandy, they are without Ezeli right now and Jenkins got hurt during the Cleveland State loss. Heck, I bet against Vandy on Saturday with NC State thinking Wolfpack would dominate the boards with Ezeli out and naturally Vandy covers. Bastards. Point is I wouldn't want to be facing Commodores come March.
    Understandable man but when you have 2 NBA players and I do understand that one of the NBA players Ezeli is injured . If they are NBA talent they should be able to handle the game.

That Cleveland St game was hysterical t hough because every time they tried a cross over Cleveland St just stuck their hand out and stole the ball lmao

TPowell
    TPowell's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 331

thats why Washington isn't ranked. They fold under any pressure from a moderately well coached team. Complete jokes.

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Quote Originally Posted by TPowell View Post
    thats why Washington isn't ranked. They fold under any pressure from a moderately well coached team. Complete jokes.
    Also like to state I don't look at these out of conference schedules.. St. Louis is a well coached program I will
    back that team a lot this year this is one of the best St.Louis teams to come around in a long time. WELL COACHED

WELL COACHED team by Rick Majerus

CollegeOverUnder
    DJ COOPER

Can you explain to me why Cincinatti was ranked? Why Kansas is Ranked?, Why Vandy opened up as the #7 team in the country,

and people actually thinking Louisville is a top 5 team in the country.

I wonder if Ville will beat pittsburgh???? Looking forward to Ville vs Quette