No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner
    No coincidences's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16541

Quote Originally Posted by KRIT View Post
    Nice. Just hit Rockets -1.5 live. Game should be a live bettors wet dream. Two streaky teams, should be a game of runs.

gl on the playoffs, I remember your threads from a couple years ago when I used to lurk.
    Good luck guys. So far, the Rockets look like their typical, soft, poorly-coached, heartless, discombobulated selves.

suicidekings
    Update your status
    suicidekings's Avatar Become A Pro!

Nice. Just hit Rockets -1.5 live. Game should be a live bettors wet dream. Two streaky teams, should be a game of runs. gl on the playoffs, I remember your threads from a couple years ago when I used to lurk.
    Nice. This just feels like a series where the home team will dominate the whole way and it ends in 6-7.

Quote Originally Posted by No coincidences View Post
    Good luck guys. So far, the Rockets look like their typical, soft, poorly-coached, heartless, discombobulated selves.
    Maybe so. They look confident to me, and they're doing a much better job of controlling tempo than the Blazers. Dwight Howard is also looking great defensively, which is a HUGE factor if he can maintain it without getting into foul trouble.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by suicidekings View Post
    Nice. This just feels like a series where the home team will dominate the whole way and it ends in 6-7.

Maybe so. They look confident to me, and they're doing a much better job of controlling tempo than the Blazers. Dwight Howard is also looking great defensively, which is a HUGE factor if he can maintain it without getting into foul trouble.
    It's only a matter of time before Dwight does something stupid. He's a bum.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I rest my case. Total meltdown.

2:05 39-46 Dwight Howard shooting foul (LaMarcus Aldridge draws the foul)
    2:05 LaMarcus Aldridge makes free throw 1 of 2 40-46
    2:05 LaMarcus Aldridge makes free throw 2 of 2 41-46
    1:51 41-46 Dwight Howard misses layup
    1:50 LaMarcus Aldridge defensive rebound 41-46
    1:45 Nicolas Batum misses 25-foot three point jumper 41-46
    1:45 Trail Blazers offensive team rebound 41-46
    1:45 41-46 Dwight Howard loose ball foul (Robin Lopez draws the foul)
    1:45 41-46 Dwight Howard technical foul(1st technical foul)

suicidekings
    Update your status

All a part of his role as an interior defender. You're being too critical of him, especially considering he missed a month and barely had 3 games to get up to speed before tonight.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

All a part of his role as an interior defender. You're being too critical of him, especially considering he missed a month and barely had 3 games to get up to speed before tonight.
    To be honest, after watching him over the course of his career and especially post big contract, I don't think he cares at all about winning. I really don't.

suicidekings
    Update your status

17) LIVE (3Q 4:13, 71-62): Rockets / Blazers Under 205.5 (+100) x0.5

KRIT
    KRIT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 20328

I agree SK. I think this series will be dominated by the home team. Should go 6 or 7 games. Houston may just win the series because of the home court advantage.

suicidekings
    Update your status

I agree SK. I think this series will be dominated by the home team. Should go 6 or 7 games. Houston may just win the series because of the home court advantage.
    It reminds me of that epic Memphis-OKC 7 game series in 2011. Every game was a war.

suicidekings
    Update your status

16) LIVE (6:11 1Q, 14-8 Blazers): Rockets -2 (-112) x2
    17) LIVE (3Q 4:13, 71-62): Rockets / Blazers Under 205.5 (+100) x0.5
    Playoffs: 7-10 (-3.31u)

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

significant money-line drop on Houston 10 minutes before tip, looked like a syndicate play on Portland to me

suicidekings
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by JR007 View Post
    significant money-line drop on Houston 10 minutes before tip, looked like a syndicate play on Portland to me
    I grade every OT game as a win for the dog anyways, regardless of outcome. But given how that game played out for the first 45 minutes, I would make the same plays again. Hack a Dwight and Lillard's deep 3pt +1 shot changed the entire dynamic of the game.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I grade every OT game as a win for the dog anyways, regardless of outcome. But given how that game played out for the first 45 minutes, I would make the same plays again. Hack a Dwight and Lillard's deep 3pt +1 shot changed the entire dynamic of the game.
    I beg you not to, and not to back Houston again. Howard and McHale are losers. They did what they do best last night.

suicidekings
    Update your status

I beg you not to, and not to back Houston again. Howard and McHale are losers. They did what they do best last night.
    You make it sound like that game was one-sided for Portland. It played out exactly as expected for a Houston/Under cover until near the end of the 4Q (98-88 with 4 minutes left). That's a situation that's going to cash far more often than not, regardless of which teams are playing...

The game was tied 90 seconds later, so you're basically saying you think one 90 second window of a game is more important than the other 46m30s in determining how the game played out and how we should view them moving forward. That's crazy...
    Last edited by suicidekings; 04-21-14 at 10:49 AM.

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Well seems to me that the blazers are better then You people thought. Such a resilient team, for them to win that game yesterday after all that adversity they had to face......very scary..

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

You make it sound like that game was one-sided for Portland. It played out exactly as expected for a Houston/Under cover until near the end of the 4Q (98-88 with 4 minutes left). That's a situation that's going to cash far more often than not, regardless of which teams are playing...

The game was tied 90 seconds later, so you're basically saying you think one 90 second window of a game is more important than the other 46m30s in determining how the game played out and how we should view them moving forward. That's crazy...
    I'm saying that 90-second window was no fluke. The Rockets can't close games out, because Howard can't make FT's, McHale can't coach, and Harden panics/throws up wild shots late in games.

I've watched a lot of Houston games this season. Last night followed their patterns and tendencies to a T.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Quote Originally Posted by farmhouse1 View Post
    Well seems to me that the blazers are better then You people thought. Such a resilient team, for them to win that game yesterday after all that adversity they had to face......very scary..
    They're a much more complete team than Houston. Only problem is, they have literally zero bench.

suicidekings
    Update your status

If we were talking starters vs starters for 48 minutes, Portland could arguably be the most talented team in the league. No one ever suggested that Portland wasn't a good team. Depth tends to take over as the series moves forward though, so we'll see what level each team is playing at when we get deeper into the series.

suicidekings
    Update your status

I'm saying that 90-second window was no fluke. The Rockets can't close games out, because Howard can't make FT's, McHale can't coach, and Harden panics/throws up wild shots late in games.

I've watched a lot of Houston games this season. Last night followed their patterns and tendencies to a T.
    Are you kidding? He's one of the most clutch players in the NBA. That's not really debatable... Clutch Stats

As a whole, Houston went 14-13 against Western playoff teams this year while Portland went 11-14. Neither was great. Both have comparable scoring margins for the game and in the 4Q, and they're ranked #4 & #5 in RPI. Each has a couple of advantages over the other, but the stats just don't back up the claim that Houston is a bad 4Q team. 4Q Stats

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

Are you kidding? He's one of the most clutch players in the NBA. That's not really debatable... Clutch Stats

As a whole, Houston went 14-13 against Western playoff teams this year while Portland went 11-14. Neither was great. Both have comparable scoring margins for the game and in the 4Q, and they're ranked #4 & #5 in RPI. Each has a couple of advantages over the other, but the stats just don't back up the claim that Houston is a bad 4Q team. 4Q Stats
    They don't? In that link you provided, Houston is 13th among playoff teams (and 17th overall) in +/- scoring margin, they have the fourth highest fourth-quarter turnovers committed, and they ranked third to last -- ahead of only Detroit and Philly -- in 4th quarter FT %.

farmhouse1
    farmhouse1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Mmm idk what this kings guy is talking about. He's not giving the blazers any credit for their defensive efforts.... Basically he's just making excuses for why the rockets lost rather then giving credit where credit is due...

suicidekings
    Update your status

They don't? In that link you provided, Houston is 13th among playoff teams (and 17th overall) in +/- scoring margin, they have the fourth highest fourth-quarter turnovers committed, and they ranked third to last -- ahead of only Detroit and Philly -- in 4th quarter FT %.
    I didn't say they were great. Half the league falls within a scoring margin of +/-1 in the 4Q, including 7 playoff teams. Both Portland and Houston are fairly average in the 4Q overall, despite each being stronger in certain areas. You can find something bad to say about almost every team when you break down the numbers to a particular stat in one quarter. That doesn't mean that one element will define the game. Enough about Houston... I don't actually care to champion them. I think this series goes deep.

suicidekings
    Update your status

Mmm idk what this kings guy is talking about. He's not giving the blazers any credit for their defensive efforts.... Basically he's just making excuses for why the rockets lost rather then giving credit where credit is due...
    The Blazers played amazing down the stretch. Not denying it, but I also don't expect that level of play in every game. Let's see them do that again, down 10 with 4 minutes to go.

suicidekings
    Update your status

18) Warriors +8 (-107) x1
    19) Warriors/Clippers Under 213 (-110) x1
    20) Thunder -6.5 (-113) x1

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

It's only a matter of time before Dwight does something stupid. He's a bum.
    haha...nice call.

hes atrocious....

Tommy Karate
    Update your status
    Tommy Karate's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12940

remember that TNT collpase vs OKC i think?
    cant stand this team, yet i had to back them again in game 2...cant wait to hammer portland at home (assuming hou takes game 2)

suicidekings
    Update your status

21) Warriors/Clippers 2H Over 103 (-114) x1

Buying out, with a small shot at a middle (O211 - U213). Warriors should shoot better in the 2H, and the Clippers probably won't take the foot off the gas right away.

suicidekings
    Update your status

21) Warriors/Clippers 2H Over 103 (-114) x1

1-3 (-2.30u)
    Playoffs: 6-13 (-5.61u)

suicidekings
    Update your status

22) Atlanta / Indiana Under 187 (-107) x1
    23) Toronto / Brooklyn Under 190 (-104) x1

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

22) Atlanta / Indiana Under 187 (-107) x1
    23) Toronto / Brooklyn Under 190 (-104) x1
    I think it might be an under sweep tonight, SK.

BOL.

suicidekings
    Update your status

I think it might be an under sweep tonight, SK.

BOL.
    I don't know how I feel about the third game. The Wiz probably don't have the same energy in this game as they did in the last one, but I'm probably more inclined to take the Bulls ATS closer to game time than the total. I make it 178, but I can just see the Bulls pressing the scoring more than usual to try to regain momentum prior to going to Washington. Much like the Clips last night, but something falling in the 185-195 range.

No coincidences
    Baseball at The Corner

I don't know how I feel about the third game. The Wiz probably don't have the same energy in this game as they did in the last one, but I'm probably more inclined to take the Bulls ATS closer to game time than the total. I make it 178, but I can just see the Bulls pressing the scoring more than usual to try to regain momentum prior to going to Washington. Much like the Clips last night, but something falling in the 185-195 range.
    Will be interesting to see. I'd think you'll get a much tougher, more complete defensive effort from the Bulls this time around.

suicidekings
    Update your status

24) Hawks +7.5 (-110) x1

I just feel like I have to play this...

suicidekings
    Update your status

Will be interesting to see. I'd think you'll get a much tougher, more complete defensive effort from the Bulls this time around.
    For sure. They really fell back on their heels early in Game 1. However, the Bulls have only lost 2 in a row once since before Christmas, and that was near the end of a long West coast road trip. They're very good at bouncing back from losses.

JR007
    JR007's Avatar Become A Pro!

24) Hawks +7.5 (-110) x1

I just feel like I have to play this...
    must win does not always win....Hawks smell blood

First 1234 Last