JoJo5473
    JoJo5473's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3046

Are the nets considering tanking to the NO.6 seed in the east?

If they finish as the No 5 seed in the east, they will most likely face the bulls and pacers in the 1st and 2nd round respectively in the playoffs, the nets are 1-6 against these two teams (including 0-4 against the pacers). However if they drop to No.6 in the east, they will most likely face the raptors and the heat, and the nets are 6-2 against these two having swept the heat in the regular season. And to drop to No.6 they need to lose the final two games and have the wizards win at boston.....

44 Mag
    44 Mag's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 12906

Seems to make sense...

larryp0405
    larryp0405's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 996

No way, im a nets fan and id much rather play the bulls and indiana, THEN the heat in the confrence finals

SpreadSniper
    SpreadSniper's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7261

I hope not... my Raps will be toast if they play the Nets

Seto
    Jose Mourinho: simply the best
    Seto's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2560

They are 0-4 against the pacers but that was the early season pacers.

And the heat have proven they have another gear in the playoffs.

I doubt there's a single team in the east that would rather play miami than indiana.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

You'd much rather play the Bulls, the team with the biggest coaching advantage (in the east) over Brooklyn? Tibs will put on a coaching clinic in that series.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by meader99 View Post
    You'd much rather play the Bulls, the team with the biggest coaching advantage (in the east) over Brooklyn? Tibs will put on a coaching clinic in that series.
    Yeah I could see them wanting to play toronto rather than chicago. But remember the 3 and 4 spots have not been decided yet. The only thing they would be sure of as of today by dropping to 6 is facing miami in rd 2 and I guarantee you they don't want that.

meader99
    meader99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5231

Quote Originally Posted by Seto View Post
    Yeah I could see them wanting to play toronto rather than chicago. But remember the 3 and 4 spots have not been decided yet. The only thing they would be sure of as of today by dropping to 6 is facing miami in rd 2 and I guarantee you they don't want that.
    True. I am working under the current scenario that Toronto is in the 3 hole and hold the tiebreaker over Chicago. The Bulls could jump to three with a road win coupled with a Toronto loss.

jtoler
    jtoler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6325

I was thinking this also but theyed need some other teams to still do some things before that could happen, but hey why not do what you can right.

JoJo5473

I think it is pretty obvious now that the nets are tanking to the 6th seed in the east. they are now down 17 agaisnt a knicks team without Carmelo Anthony and they don't seem to even care.

SP23
    SP23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 67

I wish their hall to collapse and to end this sh*t on which I place 100 euro to win on ML. They obviously want to loose, they let Knicks alone on 3point over 20 times and at the end they can send them to the line over 50 times........... I HATE NETS, everytime I bet on those idiots I lost my money....

JoJo5473

I bet on the nets tonight and if they really are planning to tank and fall to No 6 I hope they get swept by the raptors in the 1st round. Tanking should never be rewarded.
    Last edited by JoJo5473; 04-15-14 at 09:23 PM.

SP23

And over and over and over again they do the same.......
    GOD PLEASE GIVE THEM A CANCER..........

SP23

I can't stand this shit team too, I hope Lowry destroy them with 4-0 and finally idiot Kidd to be sacked, I hate this bald pathetic idiot

JoJo5473

Quote Originally Posted by SP23 View Post
    I wish their hall to collapse and to end this sh*t on which I place 100 euro to win on ML. They obviously want to loose, they let Knicks alone on 3point over 20 times and at the end they can send them to the line over 50 times........... I HATE NETS, everytime I bet on those idiots I lost my money....
    I feel you on this one. I placed 200 dollars on the nets and they don't even give a damn to this game.

SP23

I have them on 3.25 odd, if they cut Knicks lead I hope to made opposite bet at least to keep 30-40 euro from my lost, but they still don't give any f*ck. BOL next time, brother.

Jatt24
    FBG
    Jatt24's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 201

Sucks for ppl who took the nets tonight.

They will still need the Wizards to win tomorrow and lose to Cleveland.

SP23

I can't watch this sh*t anymore, they lead 5-2 this quarter and made 2 minutes without basket for 5-6......

Seto

So wait - you made this "theory" and still bet on the nets tonight? Makes 0 sense?

There is no obvious tanking here. If losing to an inferior team at home is tanking I think you could make a case for teams tanking every night in the nba. Plus which they still have to lose tomorrow and wiz have to win, and anyway still it proves nothing...

SP23

At the moment I only wish Kidd to gave a cancer and to die, nothing more, this motherf*cker deserved it.

JoJo5473

So wait - you made this "theory" and still bet on the nets tonight? Makes 0 sense?

There is no obvious tanking here. If losing to an inferior team at home is tanking I think you could make a case for teams tanking every night in the nba. Plus which they still have to lose tomorrow and wiz have to win, and anyway still it proves nothing...
    I bet on the nets because the spread is too good to pass with Carmelo Anthony out. The nets won 17 of their last 18 home games and they didn't plan to rest anybody tonight which I falsely assumed they wouldn't be tanking, which was obviously wrong tonight.

Seto

Quote Originally Posted by JoJo5473 View Post
    I bet on the nets because the spread is too good to pass with Carmelo Anthony out. The nets won 17 of their last 18 home games and they didn't plan to rest anybody tonight which I falsely assumed they wouldn't be tanking, which was obviously wrong tonight.
    Livingston Anderson and teletovic are all sitting out for the nets...

JoJo5473

Livingston Anderson and teletovic are all sitting out for the nets...
    Livingston and Anderson were out because of injuries, they had been out the last couple of games, Teletovic was out due to personal reasons, none of them was rest.

Seto

Livingston and Anderson were out because of injuries, they had been out the last couple of games, Teletovic was out due to personal reasons, none of them was rest.
    Ok fair enough on that point. I still find it puzzling that you'd have a theory about something and "fade" that theory though.

JoJo5473

Ok fair enough on that point. I still find it puzzling that you'd have a theory about something and "fade" that theory though.
    I still messed up at the end I give you that. I planned to bet on the nets this game days ago but had the "theory" yesterday and created this thread, I even thought about betting the knicks covering the spread. Then just before the game I learned Carmelo Anthony was out and I thought this would be too big of an opportunity to pass up. Turned out I was wrong and my early theory might turn into reality, that's betting.

JoJo5473

My concern just became reality the nets were indeed planning to tank so they could avoid the bulls in the 1st round. Lost 200 dollars on these schemmers yesterday and I hope the raptors sweep them in the 1st round.

Seto

Yeah it looks like they gave up on the game today. I'm still not convinced about yesterday but nice call anyway.

However one thing I refuse to believe is that they would rather play Miami than Indiana. Only logical explanation is they didn't want the Bulls, which makes sense considering they struggle with Chicago and want to avoid a bloodbath type of series. Toronto isn't a cakewalk series by any means though.

bigtymer56
    bigtymer56's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 8819

As a nets fan...so glad they dont have to see the bulls again...thank you charlotte

JoJo5473

Yeah it looks like they gave up on the game today. I'm still not convinced about yesterday but nice call anyway.

However one thing I refuse to believe is that they would rather play Miami than Indiana. Only logical explanation is they didn't want the Bulls, which makes sense considering they struggle with Chicago and want to avoid a bloodbath type of series. Toronto isn't a cakewalk series by any means though.
    "Mason Plumlee thinks the Pacers are a tougher team to beat than the Heat"
    http://www.netsdaily.com/2014/4/15/5...-playoffs-2014 This interview was published on 15th of April before the knicks game. I wish I have found and read it before the game I would definitely have bet on the knicks covering the spread. Well it is all too late now... Notes from the game recap of the Nets vs Cavs game: "Before the game, a defensive Kidd dismissed the notion the Nets were "tanking" down the stretch so they wouldn't have to play Chicago in the first round. Brooklyn lost to the Bulls in the first round last year." Sure you weren't tanking you lying bastard...

Seto

"Mason Plumlee thinks the Pacers are a tougher team to beat than the Heat"
    http://www.netsdaily.com/2014/4/15/5...-playoffs-2014 This interview was published on 15th of April before the knicks game. I wish I have found and read it before the game I would definitely have bet on the knicks covering the spread. Well it is all too late now... Notes from the game recap of the Nets vs Cavs game: "Before the game, a defensive Kidd dismissed the notion the Nets were "tanking" down the stretch so they wouldn't have to play Chicago in the first round. Brooklyn lost to the Bulls in the first round last year." Sure you weren't tanking you lying bastard...
    The title might be misleading as to what he actually said, I couldn't be bothered to read the article now might later.

But if he actually thinks that he's an idiot. Heat always lose season series to these teams then beat them in the playoffs. Pacers are not the same team that won all 4 from the Nets nor are the Nets the same team they were then.

thetrinity
    penetrate me to tears
    thetrinity's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5536

i dont like what the nets pulled one bit, youre playing your best basketball and you tank so you can play the b2b champions in the 2nd round instead of a team who fell off the face of the earth the 2nd half of the season? im aware of the regular season records, its possible they would rather have played the raptors than bulls but this team thinks they can win the east so the "tanking" was more to do with the 2nd opponent

JoJo5473

Quote Originally Posted by thetrinity View Post
    i dont like what the nets pulled one bit, youre playing your best basketball and you tank so you can play the b2b champions in the 2nd round instead of a team who fell off the face of the earth the 2nd half of the season? im aware of the regular season records, its possible they would rather have played the raptors than bulls but this team thinks they can win the east so the "tanking" was more to do with the 2nd opponent
    It would be fun if Chicago won the final regular season game at Charlotte and jump to the 3rd seed, the nets would have been still facing the bulls after all this juggling around lol. I kind of agree with you that the pacers were on a freefall and probably became a less competetive opponent as the season progressed but still the record of 0-4 might be something too big to overlook or write off in the nets' book as indicated in Mason Plumlee's interview (see the link to the article in my last reply) Not to mention they are 4-0 against the heat. I understand one or two wins might mean nothing but four? According to Plumlee it seems they really think they have an edge against the heat but not the pacers...