John Ryan
    John Ryan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3250

The NBA 2011-2012 Season Picks with John Ryan

Here it is. The NBA thread. Looking forward to a great season. What do you think of the Christmas Day games?

Derty D
    Derty D's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1838

I think it has become a fun tradition, sadly the teams will not be as prepared as the veteran teams who have their paradigms in place.

rockaflocka
    rockaflocka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3363

with the accelerated training camps and pre season games and lack of an off-season, I think teams that have some stability and defense will excel in the beginning Lakers -1, Mavs +3, Celtics +1

jjaycuny
    jjaycuny's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9446

Looking forward to the season

Vreston
    Vreston's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6451

BOL this NBA season!

How do you usually do in the NBA if you don't mind my asking. Is it one of your stronger sports?

tullamore21
    Update your status
    tullamore21's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3213

Have luck and lot of winners!!
    Last edited by tullamore21; 12-21-11 at 05:50 PM.

NYSackExchange
    NYSackExchange's Avatar Become A Pro!

Really looking forward to the season and this thread.

Good luck.

For christmas games I like Miami -3 and Knicks/Celtics under.

jolmscheid
    jolmscheid's Avatar Become A Pro!

Checking in John...will you be keeping an updated record and units won / lost in this thread? Thanks much!

Salvatore Bing
    Salvatore Bing's Avatar Become A Pro!

Looking fwd to these selections, John. Can I ask how you've done over the past few seasons in the NBA? Also do you foresee the irregular season (shortened season, more games in fewer nights) to affect your simulator?

Salvatore Bing
    Salvatore Bing's Avatar Become A Pro!

Also, for what it's worth, here in LA, many Laker fans feel their team is going to get blown out by the Bulls on X-Mas day...

Dan Kelly
    Update your status
    Dan Kelly's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 101

Quote Originally Posted by Salvatore Bing View Post
    Also, for what it's worth, here in LA, many Laker fans feel their team is going to get blown out by the Bulls on X-Mas day...
    Sounds like a 2H bet

John Ryan

5* play on the Dallas Mavericks as they take on the Heat. Report is on the site and I strongly believe this line will get to 4 1/2 or 5 points. More to come too. Thanks

coachkap
    Update your status
    coachkap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1154

John, wishing you a Happy, Healthy, and Prosperous New Year... with an emphasis on the remainder of the week...HO HO HO... lines on my site are moving in that direction..... I have been following you and your threads silently for months without chiming in... I have utmost respect for you... I thank you for sharing your knowledge and, my I compliment you... you have a good demeanor.... so, here'sBasketball is me.... and my area of knowledge and passion....it's a long story.... and,

I feel like the MAVS, who will be getting their rings prior to game time in front of the same HEAT players... might be in shut down mode for this game... (I'm fully aware that DIRK is still a MAV...).... while the HEAT players will be steaming on the sideline having to face the MAVS getting those well-earned rings.... basketball as I'm sure you know is a game of passion, determination, energy/stamina, with a mix of mix of nasty, and the matchups Sunday favor the HEAT.... which is

NYSackExchange

Quote Originally Posted by John Ryan View Post
    5* play on the Dallas Mavericks as they take on the Heat. Report is on the site and I strongly believe this line will get to 4 1/2 or 5 points. More to come too. Thanks
    Interesting pick, Dallas usually starts out the season slow plus combining the emotions of receiving their rings with the bad taste left in Miami's mouth and I just see an 8-9 point Heat win.

I'd say best of luck but my play is Miami, so we'll see. I'm just glad to have basketball back

John Ryan

I am adding a 5* play 'OVER' Golden State. Research is on the front page of the NBA section. I had correct;y anticipated an opening line of 210/211 as outlined. There are soe 212's [popping up so I believe it is best to get the total play 'OVER" made today.

degenerate23
    degenerate23's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 996

Hey John,

I just read this and noticed the line has been going down all the way to 208.5 (208 on my site). Do you think this number will go back up or should we keep waiting

true blue 26
    true blue 26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2865

any opinions on the celtics/knicks game?

Bostongambler
    Bostongambler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 14392

Even without Pierce today Im taking a flyer on Celts +5

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by degenerate23 View Post
    Hey John,

I just read this and noticed the line has been going down all the way to 208.5 (208 on my site). Do you think this number will go back up or should we keep waiting
    Merry Christmas to everyone!

I woudl grab 208 1/2 as an excellent price

John Ryan

To recap 5* OVER Golden State/Clippers
    5* Dallas Mavericks.

Merry Christmas and BOL to everyone.

06Ech0
    06Ech0's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 806

John - are you taking Dallas ML?

p19101
    Giants!
    p19101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

Quote Originally Posted by 06Ech0 View Post
    John - are you taking Dallas ML?
    Wondering the same....

NYSackExchange

Heat just completely exploiting the chandler-less mavs. Damn.

Looking4Winners
    Update your status
    Looking4Winners's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7876

Can anyone in the Clipper/GS game make a shot, jeez..

true blue 26

what no picks today?

John Ryan

Merry Christmas to everyone. Hope your holiday and weekend were great ones. The losses yesterday were quite surprising and I agree with poster that said the Mavs truly miss Chandler.. I do, however, think they will adjust as will the Lakers, who had that game all but won.

Golden State/Clippers was not a game of defensive prowess and as stated was a game of poor shooting. Pace of play was what I had expected..

degenerate23

plays tonight?

John Ryan

5* Play on the Kings to cover ATS against the Lakers. Back-to back nights and Kings opening night. Not sure how Kobe is going react with the injury and the turnover that cost his team the game with 20 seconds just yesterday. Lots of head wagging at the end of that game. You know the Kings will be looking to attack against the Lakers. Further SUPPORTING the simulator projection for this play is the fact that the Lakers are just 3-17 ATS (-15.7 Units) after a combined score of 175 points or less over the last 3 seasons. Lakers 0-2 start? It has happend before.

coachkap
    Update your status
    coachkap's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1154

5* Play on the Kings to cover ATS against the Lakers. Back-to back nights and Kings opening night. Not sure how Kobe is going react with the injury and the turnover that cost his team the game with 20 seconds just yesterday. Lots of head wagging at the end of that game. You know the Kings will be looking to attack against the Lakers. Further SUPPORTING the simulator projection for this play is the fact that the Lakers are just 3-17 ATS (-15.7 Units) after a combined score of 175 points or less over the last 3 seasons. Lakers 0-2 start? It has happend before.
    I agree with your logic... good luck...

highroller79
    highroller79's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Would've bet the Lakers for sure had not seen your analysis.
    Thank you John. Hope you will turn into profit tomorrow.
    I haven't seen the spread yet, but the heat looks good.

Reno Gambler
    Reno Gambler's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1802

I will be following, since I don't know JACK about pro BB. I do know a Jack,but thats besides the point.I look forward to your picks

John Ryan

NO PLAYS qualify for tonight's card. Stay the course and remember that NOT making a play is far better than simply forcing a play to get the action you desire.If you can go a night without making a play when their are no plays that qualify then you are well on your way to betting success. See you all tomorrow.

degenerate23

Hey John,

Have the chance to go to my first NBA game in person tonight. Have watched for years but have never had the opportunity to actually go. Going to the Indiana/Toronto game which starts at 6pm eastern time. What do you think about it? I noticed that the public is riding Indiana at about 75% which makes me want to take Toronto even more (am already bias in their favor) however I know the raps are young, inconsistent, have new players, new coach and no real superstar.

What do you think is the best play on the board for this game whether it a team or an over/under

cheers and keep up the good work

true blue 26

is this thread dead or what?

John Ryan

I have no plays that qualify for action. I do, however, have a football play going on the bowls tonight. Check out that thread.

And yes, by all means please provide your input into this NBA thread. That is what made the NFL thread so successful. Thanks.

1234 ... Last