John Ryan's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3250

10* graded play OVER Miami/Boston for the first half play. lined at 89 -110

John Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by John Ryan View Post
    10* graded play OVER Miami/Boston for the first half play. lined at 89 -110
    I am glad we won the first half bet. Have to admit that I thought Miami would be the one with 53 at the half. This second half may be an under as Miami needs to step up the rotation on defense when the Celtics use the pick and roll and set screens. Rondo is having an out of body experience shooting and that can't continue either. Look for Garnett to get pushed out from the box and be forced to pass or shoot perimeter shots. Miami will make a run and it will be a test for this old Celtics team.

John Ryan

I just can't get myself to trust the Celtics at home as a 2 1/2 point favorite. The Thunder held serve last night in a must win Game 3, but they are vastly superior to the Celtics. These Celtics needed seven games to get by the 76ers. Not taking anything away from the tremendous season and excellent and unselfish team play of the 76ers, but......

I think if you like Boston, play them on the money line. I don't see this being a 20 point blowout winner. Thunder had the ability to solve the Spurs staggered screens, but do the Celts have the ability to solve the isolate and screens used by the Heat for James and Wade? That is a big unknown in my opinion. What do you all think tonight. I would enjoy hearing those of you, who have very strong plays for tonight.

Uniden
    Uniden's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 540

Hey John,

You really got this one sized up. I kind of like the UNDER better than anything. Boston is just an old beat up team. Miami just wants to try and get out with a win. You are right, it should not be a blow out, which leads me to take the UNDER.

Good luck to all,

Uniden

l@@kin4nedge
    l@@kin4nedge's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1435

I'm on under 179 as I see this game being a lower scoring as well. It seems as if more East playoff games have been
    more towards under with the West going over as a slight trend. Also It appears 55% on the over yet the line has dropped a point?
    I lean Miami with the points at the moment. TC

John Ryan

I like the OVER tonight in the Miami game. I think the pressure is bog time on Miami and Boston can play very lose. They are old. no doubt.. but, they do have the fire power to score against an emotional tight Miami team. And Bosh is playing an dis a defensive liability to say the least. He will add to the offense making the OVER a bit more attractive to me.

So, 10* play on 179 -110

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

i was liking the boston TT over 85.5 for some of those same reasons john

any thoughts?

i already bet B.BASS over 8.5 pts (+105) (bet down to-140 now)
    Last edited by 5mike5; 06-05-12 at 03:48 PM.

true blue 26
    true blue 26's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2865

nice pick JR. anyone also down with spurs ml tonight?

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    i was liking the boston TT over 85.5 for some of those same reasons john

any thoughts?

i already bet B.BASS over 8.5 pts (+105) (bet down to-140 now)
    these were easy last night

John Ryan

awesome for all of you last night.

I like a 20* play UNDER in the Spurs-Thunder Game 6 tonight. I'll be back at game time to more or less do some 'tweeting here' and I think it would fun to exchange some ideas as the game moves on.

Here are some game notes:

hey have completely solved the staggered screens prevalent in the Spurs offensive scheme that had dominated so many teams during April and May. The Spurs now have lost five of the last six ATS and the Thunder were even better at disrupting the offensive flow of the Spurs in Game 5. Parker had a horrid game as every time he did get to the paint he was greeted with solid defensive help or the lane was clocked and passing lanes minimal. The Thunder defense now keeps the Spurs to a perimeter based team. Ginobili had a great Game 5, but shot poorly down the stretch. He is NOT going to put up 30+ points tonight. Moreover, the Spurs have had no answer for the youthful scoring assault of the Thunder, who have shot better than 50% in the past two games. This has allowed the Thunder to play even more intense defense and reduce the number of times they attack the offensive glass looking for second chance scoring opportunities. They have rebounded well on the defensive end limited the Spurs to a maximum of one shot possessions.

John Ryan

I think Thunder defense will be the focus in second quarter. Spurs have not even used staggered screens

JJJ
    JJJ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 704

I dont think anyone pays attention to this thread cause its another losing one

John Ryan

Game 7 tonight... Is the 7 1/2 just took many points again? or this just too much to ask the aging Celtics to overcome and win a rare Game 7 on the road? Appreciate any toughest and especially those of you, who are big time confident you have a winner tonight.

John Ryan

68% of the public is on the Thunder. For once i think they are right.

i like the over in this game as well for a 5* play.

any other ideas.

John Ryan

The Thunder defense will be the dominant reason they win this series. The most important move that Thunder head coach Brooks made in the WCF was to install Sefolosha as the primary defender against Spurs guard Parker. Instead of ducking under the constant screens that the Spurs run, Sefolosha was instructed to jump over the top and that the remainder of the team would switch on all set screens. The result was that Parker shot just 31% form the field in Games 3 through 6. Sefolosha is a premier defender, especially on the perimeter and I believe he will be the one guarding James and once James does get by him, the Thunder have proved to have incredible defensive rotation already in the Spurs series. The Thunder will make every possession a difficult one of the Heat to score and will make the game adjustments quickly to anything the Heat will throw at them. Bosh is a defensive liability and if he plays any extensive minutes you can bet the Thunder will go after him to score and to try to get him into foul trouble.

The shooting percentages may be higher than normal... over is the play in Game 1, but I do think the aforementioned opinions will be present in this series.

John Ryan

ok... I like the Thunder for the game and to win the game. I like the Thunder for a 5* play using the first half line. Thunder for the game plus the 3 points and Thunder using the money line. Money Line play for a 10* amount and the other two for a 5* amount

First ... 24252627