rob
    rob's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6713

Survey of best and worst announcers in NASCAR

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

I bet a rush of Brad Daugherty worst points came due to them having him do that stupid segment where he waved around that big fork like an idiot during the chase last year. Not only was it cringe worthy but he would have lost 'friends' amongst the fans of drivers he forked each time too.

Not that i think he's any good. But that's a pretty big Worst rating for one of the 'nobody' studio people.

milehigh
    milehigh's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 432

Ummmmm Eli Gold? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

mike joy just crushed the damn field..wow

rob
    rob's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by milehigh View Post
    Ummmmm Eli Gold? Bueller? Bueller? Anyone?
    The survey was only regarding regular TV announcers.

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9137

Think I prefer McReynolds and Hammond out of that list.

Although for me, if they are talking without me seeing their face my brain doesn't seem to bother registering exactly who it is talking most of the time. So maybe that's why those two appeal more than the big guys.

That Johnny TV dude is the best host

rob
    rob's Avatar SBR PRO

My favorite announcing team was the first one to work for ESPN - Bob Jenkins, Benny Parsons and Ned Jarrett. They seemed to work better as a team than others. My favorite was Benny, probably because of a personal experience.

I attended my first race as a media member at Chicagoland in 2002. I felt kind of like an outsider, since I didn't know anyone in the media center.
    I was having lunch at a table by myself when Benny asked if he could join me. We ate and talked for about an hour. While we were there, many of the biggest names in NASCAR came by and said hi to Benny. He made it a point to introduce me to each one, although I'm sure most of them could've cared less about meeting me.
    Whenever he saw me at a race after that, he would always take time to visit with me. He was a down-to-earth guy who loved racing, people and life. NASCAR lost one of its best people when he passed away.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28998

Burton will be on that list in a few years. He's gonna be an amazing announcer

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

In Minority but think Adam Alexander does a good job. Cant stand Rusty