MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    U have a point joe. I posted earlier any and every team will try crazy strategy even at tracks that want usually considered strategy tracks. Not to mention might see a wreck or 2 of the leader on purpose late on short tracks from longshots. I always take longshots every week so I don't mind. As long as that's only difference.
    Yeah agreed. We will see a lot more drivers/teams taking risks. Guys will be more willing to gamble on strategy if it can get them a win as there is not as big of a downside to the gamble failing.

And a driver will be more willing to go for that do or die last lap lunge on JJ for the win, especially when you know JJ already has a win and won't hurt his championship chances.

rickie65
    Update your status
    rickie65's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4250

what a f*cked up idea. So Jimmie could win every chase race and get caught up in a Timmy Hill spin at Homestead and not be champion.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    yes will be like hitting lottery for teams like say Mears or Nemechek

Nemechek.....

I don't care what the format is I think it's safe to leve old Joe out of the chase conversation lol

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28781

My god ruetimann would have made chase a few years ago. LMAO. Embarrassing

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by rickie65 View Post
    what a f*cked up idea. So Jimmie could win every chase race and get caught up in a Timmy Hill spin at Homestead and not be champion.

Nemechek.....

I don't care what the format is I think it's safe to leve old Joe out of the chase conversation lol
    Was trying to think of a severely underfunded team who even 3 chase races would make year a huge deal

Jmac926
    Jmac926's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1458

Quote Originally Posted by MatI View Post
    I'm with everyone else here, don't like this change at all. But hey, I hate the previous chase system and wish we went back to every race counting equally.

Since these changes are all about trying to keep Nascar relevant during the NFL season, and in the long run, will not work. I wish they would just bite the bullet and reduce the the season to 26 races. IMO this is the only long term fix that will keep nascar viable, but no way tracks will want to give up a date and no way nascar will be willing to reduce the tv contracts like that.
    Come on now, that would be 10 less money making opportunities

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28781

Yeah I can't agree with just 26 races either Mati just for my $ making would take a 33% hit probably. No way to know just an example. my wallet can't handle that. I just came off the best chase I've ever had profit wise. Lol. Usually my weak point in the season though
    Last edited by 5mike5; 02-01-14 at 07:36 PM.

Vegas39

Yeah with tracks depending on 2 races ( if only we had a 2nd) . Don't see it happening

rob
    rob's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6485

Regarding the new format applied to 2013...

Eleven of the 13 winners would have qualified for the Chase. Stewart and Vickers would not since they didn't attempt to qualify for every race.
    The five drivers making the Chase on points would have been Earnhardt, Bowyer, Kurt Busch, Gordon and McMurray.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post

Eleven of the 13 winners would have qualified for the Chase. Stewart and Vickers would not since they didn't attempt to qualify for every race.
    The five drivers making the Chase on points would have been Earnhardt, Bowyer, Kurt Busch, Gordon and McMurray.

Truex would've as he has a win and wouldn't of needed Bowyer spin

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post

Have you read the part where it's at NASCAR discretion if a driver has not attempted to qualify for every race. So if the chase field does not suit NASCAR they will just change it.

Vegas39

So now penalties are ranging from P1-to P6 . if assesed a P6 and were race winner. win doesn't count towards chase

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

So now penalties are ranging from P1-to P6 . if assessed a P6 and were race winner. win doesn't count towards chase
    Oh gawd... seriously, these fukkers don't give a rats ass about racing. Real racing. Just manufacturing some more interest any way they can, for right now.

Basically what they are saying is, just like the at NASCAR discretion drivers who didnt attempt every race can still be in chase, this shit is simply to allow whatever decison suits the PR dept on the day to be enforced.

Crony
    Update your status
    Crony's Avatar Become A Pro!

2nd segment in the chase - Kansas/Charlotte/Talladega looks like the key to me. Could easily see the years dominant driver without a win at Kansas/Charlotte and get taken out of the chase at Talladega.

uncle vinny
    uncle vinny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

But with 8 moving on after dega, think top dogs should be good. But, i agree thats where the drama of dega gets tested. I think you sed a 200mph parade thats keeps the top5 safe and a non winner going all out for the win. Guys 8 thru 12 without a win could be in play as race winner

Crony
    Update your status
    Crony's Avatar Become A Pro!

8 move on after Dega, but you could easily have 3 different chase winners in the 3 races.
    3 + 5 out of 9 move on from Talladega.

Any driver who wrecks at Talladega and does not have a win somewhat likely to finish in the bottom half of the 9 who did not win a race in the segment.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

ok was just reading under this new system had it been in place last year your champ would've been Dale jr

http://nascarnomics.com/appendix-points/

If you needed more evidence that the new system sucks, this is it.
    Points Awarded:

MatI gave yisman 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

uncle vinny
    uncle vinny's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3908

Quote Originally Posted by Crony View Post
    8 move on after Dega, but you could easily have 3 different chase winners in the 3 races.
    3 + 5 out of 9 move on from Talladega.

Any driver who wrecks at Talladega and does not have a win somewhat likely to finish in the bottom half of the 9 who did not win a race in the segment.
    agree, however if jj, denny and harvick get thru could be lights out for the rest..those next 3 tracks are easily those 3 in the final

First 123