Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9208

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEPEAVY21 View Post
    Bookmaker is offering +2500 on Newman, is that a good price?
    Be better on the day maybe.

30/1 at 5D and that guy who was playing with us at time we were talking said he got 40/1

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by MatI View Post

That comment surprised me too. I don't see Marcos being happy with an oval win then disappearing into the sunset.

I think the new chase system will help his long term future though. For a team like Petty (or Front Row perhaps?), a driver like Marcos could provide a ticket into the chase, which has got to be almost priceless for a mid grid team?
    I guess. If he wanted to stay any longer if 2014 is oval winless again.

Optional

Did you see Red Bull and Lotus still can't get their cars to do many laps at Bahrain?

They are rogered now!

JAKEPEAVY21
    JAKEPEAVY21's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 47428

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    Be better on the day maybe.

30/1 at 5D and that guy who was playing with us at time we were talking said he got 40/1
    ok ty..I see it at 30/1 at Hollywood and I'm waiting to see if Heritage will put up any lines...I figure a hail mary winner might warm me up to your sport some

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 28769

35/1 at dimes right now jake.

But i think he will get around 50/1 there on raceday

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    35/1 at dimes right now jake.

But i think he will get around 50/1 there on raceday
    +3000 now

May go lower once he wins duel today

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    +3000 now

May go lower once he wins duel today
    Guess I shouldn't have mentioned it. LOL. That's a record.

I think he should be 50/1 though on raceday unless they overreact to a duel win. And they would.

Optional

I dunno Mike. I know he's flying under the radar but if he does well in his duel race I'd be surprised to see much better than +3000 again.

Although anyone not favored really flies out on race day late I guess. And he wont be heavily favored.

I like his chances too... best of the longshots anyway.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

U like menard as best of the longshots???

wow that's surprising. But I listen to my senior advisor

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    U like menard as best of the longshots???

wow that's surprising. But I listen to my senior advisor
    Nooooo. Not at all

Like NEWMAN as best longshot.

Were you talking about Menard being +5000 by race day? Agree with that! Higher even

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Oh yeah Newman a great price imo I agree. Usually always gives himself a chance at plate race scoring top 10s in 5 of last 6. And won this race in 08 of course. Maybe a good h2h underdog too

And yeah I meant raceday odds on menard will (should) get a lot worse

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

if Menard hits +6000 will be a play for sure

Optional

How on earth is Vettel still favourite?!

Has to be value in Hamilton at very least.

Formula 1 2014 Drivers Championship
    Thu 3/13 1:00AM
    Sebastian Vettel +150
    Lewis Hamilton +325
    Fernando Alonso +550
    Nico Rosberg +900
    Kimi Raikkonen +1100
    Jenson Button +1100
    Kevin Magnussen +1800
    Daniel Ricciardo +3000
    Romain Grosjean +5500
    Felipe Massa +9000
    Nico Hulkenberg +10000
    Pastor Maldonado +15000
    Valtteri Bottas +20000
    Sergio Perez +25000
    Adrian Sutil +35000
    Esteban Gutierrez +50000
    Jean Eric Vergne +75000
    Daniil Kvyat +75000
    Kamui Kobayashi +150000
    Marcus Ericsson +150000
    Jules Bianchi +250000
    Max Chilton +250000

MatI
    MatI's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7480

Yes, seems books still not willing to move him from fav. Can't blame them really but surely they are getting no money on Vettel at the moment.

Wish someone would put up some Aus GP odds already. Im ready!

Optional

Yes, seems books still not willing to move him from fav. Can't blame them really but surely they are getting no money on Vettel at the moment.

Wish someone would put up some Aus GP odds already. Im ready!
    If you were an oddsmaker would you like to have to make a market yet?

MatI

Hell no! Point taken, but someone will have to bite the bullet at some stage.

I guess they will wait until after final Bahrain test.

Optional

Rosberg in the Merc day 4 Bahrain testing.

Hate to sound so superficial. But I think they will bring back duel exhausts just to improve the horrible, un-exciting engine note.

MatI

You dont like that engine noise? I dont think its too bad at all, certainly not as ear splitting as before but its got a good deep sound to it still. Will be even better when they are all on track together.

The GP is coming up fast now, cant wait. Will actually be working in the med centre wed-friday.

Optional

You dont like that engine noise? I dont think its too bad at all, certainly not as ear splitting as before but its got a good deep sound to it still. Will be even better when they are all on track together.

The GP is coming up fast now, cant wait. Will actually be working in the med centre wed-friday.
    No. Think it sounds suppressed and insipid. Hopefully you will be right that a track full of them might be better.

Kind of glad to hear someone who doesn't mind it actually. Gives me hope I might get there one day too.

Will you be going to the track Saturday or Sunday?

Still trying to decide if I can get down or not. Prob not right now.

Optional

At about 1:10 in the video you see a Force India go past just before the Merc.

For some reason the FI sounds a little better than the Merc to me. (yeah i know, same engine??)

MatI

At about 1:10 in the video you see a Force India go past just before the Merc.

For some reason the FI sounds a little better than the Merc to me. (yeah i know, same engine??)
    From what I have read, there is a noticeable difference in the sound of the engines from team to team. Also saw on twitter earlier that the red bull sounds very different from last test, so it could be someone that evolves a little more over time. Either, I think we will get used to it.

And yeah, will def be going Saturday & Sunday as well.

MatI

You looked at any options for the V8 race today Opti?

Optional

You looked at any options for the V8 race today Opti?
    Honestly, I forgot it was on until I saw a story about the Volvo cracking a front row start on debut.

You have any insight?

MatI

Im struggling to find anything I like, and I havent had a chance to follow very closely at all.

Feel like something on the race though so just taken McLaughlin @ 1.88 vs Giz. The volvo does seem very fast, and I like his confidence post qual.

Optional

Im struggling to find anything I like, and I havent had a chance to follow very closely at all.

Feel like something on the race though so just taken McLaughlin @ 1.88 vs Giz. The volvo does seem very fast, and I like his confidence post qual.
    Bad luck on the bet.

Exciting 2nd race though!

MatI

Yeah 2nd race was much more entertaining, Hopefully more of the same today.

Optional

One more sleep until F1 cars hit the track in Melbourne.

Horsepower is a documentary by Shell which takes a look at the development of the 2014 Ferrari F14 t.

MatI

Finally, its here. Really looking forward to seeing them on track tomorrow!

Optional

Finally, its here. Really looking forward to seeing them on track tomorrow!
    Me too.

Thinking of taking a few real longshots to top the practice sessions. Betfair market on them hasnt really taken shape yet though.

Same for Quali. Might even put some on Vettel if he s 30/1 or better for pole.

Maybe Sutil, Guitierez or even Biancho for a Q3 appearance? If odds justify it.

I was thinking of taking the over 13.5 finishers, because teams that know they cant finish at a fast pace are likely to plan for that I think. And again the odds are so good. Although am wondering if there might be a gearbox change type advantage that encourages them to retire at 89% race distance...

Would like to back Massa for a win, so I can cheer for Williams harder. But can't bring myself to take 13/1 on the guy who ****** me very time I trusted in him for the last 2 years, let alone in a Williams!

I guess the Yes Safety Car is a bit of a gimme? Or is there any chance no one will break down in a bad spot?

Codasintehhouse
    Codasintehhouse's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10942

Wow, Red Bull a little behind

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by Codasintehhouse View Post
    Wow, Red Bull a little behind
    Funny enough they look a LOT better than expected in the first practice session.

Optional

Oh gawd. I don't want to sound like a whinger.

But as the V8s come out on track, even before the racing starts... their sound really highlights how insipid the F1 cars sound by comparison.

MatI

Me too.

Thinking of taking a few real longshots to top the practice sessions. Betfair market on them hasnt really taken shape yet though.

Same for Quali. Might even put some on Vettel if he s 30/1 or better for pole.

Maybe Sutil, Guitierez or even Biancho for a Q3 appearance? If odds justify it.

I was thinking of taking the over 13.5 finishers, because teams that know they cant finish at a fast pace are likely to plan for that I think. And again the odds are so good. Although am wondering if there might be a gearbox change type advantage that encourages them to retire at 89% race distance...

Would like to back Massa for a win, so I can cheer for Williams harder. But can't bring myself to take 13/1 on the guy who ****** me very time I trusted in him for the last 2 years, let alone in a Williams!

I guess the Yes Safety Car is a bit of a gimme? Or is there any chance no one will break down in a bad spot?

Just got back from the track, surprised at how solid Red Bull looked, I thought we would see them do what Lewis did straight up an not make a lap.

The sound was really odd. They are almost silent when they are off throttle but they sound quite good in person on acceleration out of the corners. The weirdest thing for me was not you used to her them accelerating out of pitlane no matter where you were on the track, now you cant hear them until they approach and you lose the sound pretty much as soon as they are 500 metres up the road.

To be honest, i didnt mind it too much, it was nice to be able to continue a conversation while the cars were circulating! And you can hear many more sounds on the car now, you can hear the turbo spooling up, you can hear the tyres working, its not too bad imo.

I like the Massa bet btw, already taken both williams top 6 finish each at even money and took Mercedes Quinella @ 5.50 a couple of days ago. Staying away from the SC bet but was leaning No @ plus odds. But at Melbourne, first race, anything could happen not going to worry about that one this time around. Classified finishes over 13.5 is tempting though... especially after seeing the cars were mostly reliable today.

Also have a couple of h2h's already, havent checked post p2 though.

Optional

Heard a few people on TV making the point that they liked being able to hear in pit lane, and hear the tyres working.

And I am not there, but honestly, you can hear yourself think and the tyres work in any racing series. The noise was a huge part of the atmosphere and excitement of an F1 car for most of our lifetimes. The noise is what first time visitors always talked about. Not about the speed or turbo whine or anything else. It was the glamour and the noise that stuck out to people.

I think this is a MAJOR size cockup for the sport. And worst part is this happened under Bernie, and if it hurts the sport as much as I expect it will, people will be saying "oh look what happened as soon as Bernie is gone"

No one has offered anything on the over 13.5 on betfair so far. There is like 10 bucks matched total! I think punters are a lot more wary than the media carrying on about the chance of no finishers.

$5.00 for NO safety car sure is tempting.

Do you think Vettel is worth a shot for Pole at 20/1? I'm thinking probably not now after seeing Merc in P2...

Optional

“Anything that makes a noise is satisfactory to a crowd.”
    ~ Charles Dickens
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 2 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: 5mike5, and MatI

First 123456 ... Last