packerd_00
    packerd_00's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 3521

Quote Originally Posted by 5mike5 View Post
    Oh yeah I been to several tracks. Buddy dad has an RV and use to work on NHRA cars so he knows guys at all the tracks so we got pit road passes and stuff. Last ur I didn't go to any was first year I stayed home in years
    Whats the best track youve been to would you say, do you learn quite abit going behind the scenes.

Vegas39
    Vegas39's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 214

Few other things with new qualifying :

only one set of tires can be used

only can make changes to car on breaks between rounds

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

Those changes are really interesting. I was reading in Sports Illustrated that TV viewing has fallen off 50% since 2005, that's a staggering number. I don't know what they can do to get more viewers short of having girls in bikinis as pit crews.

rob
    rob's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6785

I'm ok with the new qualifying format. The primary purpose is to create more interest and if it does that, it'll be good. Most of the drivers seem to like it.
    I just hope they don't mess with the Chase much.

DDT
    Head Mod In Charge
    DDT's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2338

Quote Originally Posted by rob View Post
    I'm ok with the new qualifying format. The primary purpose is to create more interest and if it does that, it'll be good. Most of the drivers seem to like it.
    I just hope they don't mess with the Chase much.
    The chase will get a complete overhaul

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by DDT View Post
    The chase will get a complete overhaul

Agree looks like it will be a knockout format too

ChiefButcher
    ChiefButcher's Avatar Become A Pro!

My system is picking around. 4-5 drivers depending in odds. And also take several longshot added on to those other picks. Its a system I came up with myself after not making $ for first few years if betting on it and have made great $ every since. 5-6 years in a row. It's more to it than just picking a few I spend about 25-35 hours every week on each upcoming race. Have notebooks on every single driver and racetrack and watch past races b4 the week from last 4-5 races at each weeks track. It's really pretty complicated system and of course a lot depends on the odds. If u stick around it will be easier to understand when the season starts. Also not for bettors that just play smaller cause it really works best if ur willing to risk a lot most every weeks. Is not for everybody but its worked for me for years so I stick with it. It has ups and downs like everything , but at the seasons end I've always made great $ using the system. But again, I spend easily 25+ hours prepping every single week for every race.

I also use use a cover bet about 1/2 the time but too hard to explain right now and a lot of others started using that too. Kinda like if that pick wins u push and break even for the race

Like u said lots of variables in NASCAR,( like all sports really) and anything can happen. But there's also ways to have a leg up looking at past history at tracks, tires, watching previous races, ect. Like you know. The only crapshoot are plate races, and even those u can get an edge on but still those I even consider crapshoots. But boy they pay well! We hit raga at 150-1 last season even. But there was a reason I picked him also, wasn't a guess. Well over 1/2 the wins are 12-1 and worse odds winners. Betting favs will kill u in this sport

Most people just look at driver stats like where drives finish races and practice times and qualifying which are the BIGGEST mistakes gamblers make capping this sport BY FAR

This group of 6-8 regulars are the best there is. Period. We don't all bet the same or use the same system to do so. But they ALL are the most knowledgable NASCAR guys I've ever seen and I learn a lot and have gotten a lot better with them here.

im not a guru i need their help almost weekly. We are a team, but never all have the same picks or anything. But I put in a lot of work to be good at this sport. Be it, I'm not good at any other sport though. Average at football and dont even at any others really. Lol. I've only made maybe 4 total bets all NASCAR offseason cause I have to be $ smart til NASCAR starts up again
    You say you bet 4 or 5 guys to win and a cover. 1 long shot parley. Betting all this and you still come out ahead? I'm not sure I follow. How do you know which driver to put big money on? Do you post which drivers and how much you put on each?

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 29078

I just post my plays. Several here do similar to what I do. I see not point in posting the money I play. And don't post what I win either.Never have. Its all about odds, u can make a killing in NASCAR if u know why ur doing and know how to bet the odds. But I would never tell people to do what I do. Everybody has to figure out what system works for them and the $ they can risk per race.
    Last edited by 5mike5; 01-23-14 at 11:48 AM.

ChiefButcher

OK thanks. I love NASCAR and my father in law an I always throw some money on two or three drivers to win but never have much luck. I'll keep an eye out for this thread as it seems you really have your shit together.

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Good luck this season. That's how I started. I picked 2 or 3 and never made money for the season years when I started. (Like 10 years ago). But was only for fun back then and didn't bet much. Betting on it was the reason I really fell in love with the sport. I wasn't even a fan before that. Knew almost nothing about it . Took me forever to start winning good money yearly.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by ChiefButcher View Post
    OK thanks. I love NASCAR and my father in law an I always throw some money on two or three drivers to win but never have much luck. I'll keep an eye out for this thread as it seems you really have your shit together.
    Mike top notch Nascar capper. His weekly thread gets lots of good advice from guys that post here. Just be wary first few weeks as get guys starting at daytona that think its easy and talk shit. Then disappear after a few weeks

ChiefButcher

Thanks guys I'm looking forward to this thread. Glad I found this site.

Vegas39

Since I know it wasn't Mike, who here has bet Dillion down from +3000 to +2000

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

As Vegas said, this is the best group of guys on the site. I start the weekly thread but its really just a single thread for all the regulars to post in. We may disagree on lots of things for races sometimes, but we just give our picks and opinions, it's not arguing. There isn't any fighting, dicks, trolls, or shit talkin u usually find on these gaming boards. and we root for each other even if we personally might lose a race. We weed out the garbage pretty quickly. We learn from each other. Not a sport u can ever stop working on handicapping and learning from others imo.

Vegas39

As Vegas said, this is the best group of guys on the site. I start the weekly thread but its really just a single thread for all the regulars to post in. We may disagree on lots of things for races sometimes, but we just give our picks and opinions, it's not arguing. There isn't any fighting, dicks, trolls, or shit talkin u usually find on these gaming boards. and we root for each other even if we personally might lose a race. We weed out the garbage pretty quickly. We learn from each other. Not a sport u can ever stop working on handicapping and learning from others imo.
    Exactly many times I add a driver or matchup based on opinions in here. always good input

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas39 View Post
    Since I know it wasn't Mike, who here has bet Dillion down from +3000 to +2000
    Yeah sure as hell was NOT me that did it. LOL. What the hell. Actually I wouldn't admit that but some1 fess up I want I know damn it! He will be back to 40-1 or better on raceday unless they ovrreact and he gets front row starting spot. I know its a crapshoot here but that's insane odds early for no reason.
    Last edited by 5mike5; 01-23-14 at 12:52 PM.

Vegas39

Yeah sure as hell was me that did it. LOL. What the hell. Actually I wouldn't admit that but some1 fess up I want I know damn it! He will be back to 40-1 or better on raceday unless they ovrreact and he gets front row starting spot. I know its a crapshoot here but that's insane odds early for no reason.

yes remember the overreaction when Danica got pole

JayHorne3
    1 Budlight Please
    JayHorne3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

yes remember the overreaction when Danica got pole
    For the life of me, I can't understand why she is getting 45-1 type odds right now at 5D. I should be getting Mike's David Ragan (100-1) type odds for her to win the Daytona 500.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by JayHorne3 View Post
    For the life of me, I can't understand why she is getting 45-1 type odds right now at 5D. I should be getting Mike's David Ragan (100-1) type odds for her to win the Daytona 500.

Ragan should be a small play for everyone since he can draft well.

Think Jay due to fact 500 was her only top 10 last year

5mike5
    NA$CAR PSYCHIC
    5mike5's Avatar SBR PRO

Just was reading rules for motor sports this year on 5dimes and saw they might be adding some cool stuff. 2 years ago they use to have matchups with like Kyle (-2.5) positions over kennseth (+125) or whatever and looks like they might be back. They didn't offer those at all last year and stopped early the season b4.

Also something new looks like 2 driers vs 1 in a matchups. Like #2 AND #16 vs #11 (-180/+160). Where either one on those 2 cars beats Hamlin u win or the underdog would be Hamlin having to beat both kes and biffle. Sounds pretty cool To take longshots on a parlay of a few of those for fun probably. I hope they follow through and offer those would be fun to play around with imo.

But who knows if they will offer either of those 2 options on h2h. Just never noticed them in the Motorsport rules last season.

I just uts can't wait for my longshot open parlays with underdog plays with last- leg for the cup races. My goodness those were just a fukkin waterfall of money last season.
    Last edited by 5mike5; 01-23-14 at 09:06 PM.
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: JayHorne3

JayHorne3
    1 Budlight Please
    JayHorne3's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Just was reading rules for motor sports this year on 5dimes and saw they might be adding some cool stuff. 2 years ago they use to have matchups with like Kyle (-2.5) positions over kennseth (+125) or whatever and looks like they might be back. They didn't offer those at all last year and stopped early the season b4.

Also something new looks like 2 driers vs 1 in a matchups. Like #2 AND #16 vs #11 (-180/+160). Where either one on those 2 cars beats Hamlin u win or the underdog would be Hamlin having to beat both kes and biffle. Sounds pretty cool To take longshots on a parlay of a few of those for fun probably. I hope they follow through and offer those would be fun to play around with imo.

But who knows if they will offer either of those 2 options on h2h. Just never noticed them in the Motorsport rules last season.

I just uts can't wait for my longshot open parlays with underdog plays with last- leg for the cup races. My goodness those were just a fukkin waterfall of money last season.
    Good stuff Mike, I always already excited, this made me even more excited!

Optional
    Optional's Avatar Moderator
    Betpoints: 9216

I think people who watch qualifying will enjoy it a lot more this way. Only trouble with the one set of tires rule is that they will have to go for a fast lap early then save save save tires until the end so they have enough grip left for a second fast run if needed.

Optional

Sounds promising! Like it when they increase motorsport offerings. Shows they are interested in it still.

Vegas39

Quote Originally Posted by Optional View Post
    I think people who watch qualifying will enjoy it a lot more this way. Only trouble with the one set of tires rule is that they will have to go for a fast lap early then save save save tires until the end so they have enough grip left for a second fast run if needed.

Blow a tire and screwed

Optional

Blow a tire and screwed
    Think they will have an allowance for that.

Although it probably depends on how drunk they were this NYE as they put that full hour into brainstorming the annual rule changes.

Vegas39

Think they will have an allowance for that.

Although it probably depends on how drunk they were this NYE as they put that full hour into brainstorming the annual rule changes.

Could be that's just how I interpreted it. What could be concern is no changes during session someone super loose off truck and we see big practice wrecks

CarolinaDaze
    2x- SBR Fantasy Football Champion
    CarolinaDaze's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 30913

I agree with what Jimmie Johnson said about the new Qualifying System: " He said he was Ok With It", " but predicted "Theres gonna be some p*ssed off people at the end of qualifying".

packerd_00

I dont get why they had to change the Qualifying System to be honest,if it isnt broke dont fix it.

Optional

Could be that's just how I interpreted it. What could be concern is no changes during session someone super loose off truck and we see big practice wrecks
    I get that part. Teams will just use it as additional practice time if they can change setup during the session.

Optional

Quote Originally Posted by packerd_00 View Post
    I dont get why they had to change the Qualifying System to be honest,if it isnt broke dont fix it.
    Ratings.

How many here watched more than 5 qualifying sessions last year?

Quali is a big ratings winner for F1. France wants some of that. And I bet he is thinking that he can't increase race day ratings as easily.

Vegas39

I get that part. Teams will just use it as additional practice time if they can change setup during the session.

Cant even really experiment as no changes to car til breaks between session.

Vegas39

Ratings.

Quali is a big ratings winner for F1. France wants some of that. And I bet he is thinking that he can't increase race day ratings as easily.
    guilty

packerd_00

Ratings.

Isnt it always lol, id still be surprised if this worked though as much as they expect.

Vegas39

I see what they wanted to make it more exciting for fans but a couple of rules I don't care for. Have to see how it all plays out

First 1234