dRavidC
    dRavidC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6849

dRavidC's NRL 2014

Hey guys hope everyone's been well, just a heads up that I'll be back for yet another season of NRL.

Last season's record:

NRL 2013 Record: 48 - 38

+2.07
    units
    Have learnt from my mistakes last season and will be looking to rectify those mistakes this season and obviously build on upping that profit big time.
    Last edited by dRavidC; 02-25-14 at 06:08 PM.

justkyle88
    justkyle88's Avatar Become A Pro!

GL this year

dRavidC

6/3/14

NRL Round 1

1* Rabbitohs M/L vs Roosters

Disclaimer: ONLY play this if via Sportingbet which has a promo where if you have a head to head bet and the team you bet scores 12 points or more but loses you get your money back. I am only playing this because of that promo. Without the promo, it's a no play for me. Basically I'll count it as a push if rabbitohs lose but score 12 points or more but will count as a loss if they lose and don't score 12 points. If they win, I'll count it normally in my records. The way I see it, it's more of a nothing-to-lose play. This is a value play more than anything and thus don't have a proper write-up for this.

dRavidC

can't lose the play now, it will either be a push or a win thanks to the promo

dRavidC

Quote Originally Posted by dRavidC View Post
    6/3/14

NRL Round 1

1* Rabbitohs M/L vs Roosters

Disclaimer: ONLY play this if via Sportingbet which has a promo where if you have a head to head bet and the team you bet scores 12 points or more but loses you get your money back. I am only playing this because of that promo. Without the promo, it's a no play for me. Basically I'll count it as a push if rabbitohs lose but score 12 points or more but will count as a loss if they lose and don't score 12 points. If they win, I'll count it normally in my records. The way I see it, it's more of a nothing-to-lose play. This is a value play more than anything and thus don't have a proper write-up for this.
    thank you rabbitohs and thank you sportingbet. good start to the season .

NRL 2014 Record: 1 - 0

+1.35
    units

snufflyjoe
    snufflyjoe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4871

Great work dravidc!

justkyle88
    justkyle88's Avatar Become A Pro!

Would you have picked roosters normally? hehe

dRavidC

@ snufflyjoe

thanks joe

@ justkyle88

nah without the promo wouldn't of made any play.

dRavidC

8/3/14

NRL Round 1

1* Panthers vs Knights OVER 41.5

Sorry for the late post guys. Basically it's super hot in Sydney and I get the feeling that means we're in for a 'sunday afternoon'-sort football which usually means we see a high scorer. I don't think defences will be able to be on show for the full 80 minutes. Not to mention both these teams have potent offences and I expect that to be on show today.

dRavidC

8/3/14

NRL Round 1

1* Panthers vs Knights OVER 41.5 LOSER

Sorry for the late post guys. Basically it's super hot in Sydney and I get the feeling that means we're in for a 'sunday afternoon'-sort football which usually means we see a high scorer. I don't think defences will be able to be on show for the full 80 minutes. Not to mention both these teams have potent offences and I expect that to be on show today.
    An error-riddled game. This game really should of gotten over. Penrith had so many chances in that first half at the knights try line but kept turning the ball over. Add in the fact that the Knights weren't any better with really rusty play on offence. Only 1 unit on this so not too concerned with the result.

NRL 2014 Record: 1 - 1

+0.35
    units
    Last edited by dRavidC; 03-08-14 at 01:40 AM.

dRavidC

8/3/14

NRL Round 1

2* Sea Eagles vs Storm UNDER 37.5

Can't see how this game gets to the mid 30's mark. Sea Eagles without their two top 2 try scorers in williams and tafua. Storm without Cronk and no longer have Widdop. In place of both, they're drafted a newbie and ben roberts... Add in the fact that Cam Smith and Slater are back for their first hit-out of the season and I can see a very low scorer. Yes Sea Eagles have their both their main playmakers (probably one of the best pairings in the league) but Storm will be potent of defence knowing that they'll need to play conservatively and a grinding sort of game if they are to win cause there is absolutely no way they will outscore this sea eagles team at home.

The opening round results so far have shown us that teams are all rusty and have placed a lot of emphasis on their defenses pre-season. I think we have yet another UNDER.

dRavidC

8/3/14

NRL Round 1

2* Sea Eagles vs Storm UNDER 37.5

Can't see how this game gets to the mid 30's mark. Sea Eagles without their two top 2 try scorers in williams and tafua. Storm without Cronk and no longer have Widdop. In place of both, they're drafted a newbie and ben roberts... Add in the fact that Cam Smith and Slater are back for their first hit-out of the season and I can see a very low scorer. Yes Sea Eagles have their both their main playmakers (probably one of the best pairings in the league) but Storm will be potent of defence knowing that they'll need to play conservatively and a grinding sort of game if they are to win cause there is absolutely no way they will outscore this sea eagles team at home.

The opening round results so far have shown us that teams are all rusty and have placed a lot of emphasis on their defenses pre-season. I think we have yet another UNDER.
    trend reverses at just the right time...

NRL 2014 Record: 1 - 2

units

dRavidC

8/3/14

NRL Round 1

3* Cowboys -9.5 vs Raiders

Cowboys will run riot over these Raiders. this has 13+ margin written all over it.

dRavidC

8/3/14

NRL Round 1

3* Cowboys -9.5 vs Raiders LOSER

Cowboys will run riot over these Raiders. this has 13+ margin written all over it.
    tough saturday, going down 6 units

NRL 2014 Record: 1 - 3

units

dRavidC

9/3/14

NRL Round 1

3* Dragons vs Tigers +0.5 2nd half

dRavidC

9/3/14

NRL Round 1

3* Dragons vs Tigers +0.5 2nd half
    NRL 2014 Record: 1 - 4

units

dRavidC

9/3/14

NRL Round 1

4* Eels vs Warriors OVER 22 1st half

Warriors have shown offensive potency all pre season and with the addition of tomkins look devestating in attack. And they look like they're gonna be playing the razzle dazzle footy that they used to to play back in that stacey jones era. But this warriors defence is still suspect and I expect the Hayne-run Eels to get their points too. I expect plenty of points to be scored in this 1st half. This has been the play I've been liking most all week hence the 4 units. Given my horrible run this week I'm probably throwing money down the drain but I really like this one.

I wanted to play the warrios ATS but their tendency of getting smashed by the eels in round 1 encounters has taken me off that.

dRavidC

9/3/14

NRL Round 1

4* Eels vs Warriors OVER 22 1st half WINNER

Warriors have shown offensive potency all pre season and with the addition of tomkins look devestating in attack. And they look like they're gonna be playing the razzle dazzle footy that they used to to play back in that stacey jones era. But this warriors defence is still suspect and I expect the Hayne-run Eels to get their points too. I expect plenty of points to be scored in this 1st half. This has been the play I've been liking most all week hence the 4 units. Given my horrible run this week I'm probably throwing money down the drain but I really like this one.

I wanted to play the warrios ATS but their tendency of getting smashed by the eels in round 1 encounters has taken me off that.
    finally break that 4-0 losing streak and boy of boy did we need it. quite a weird one that half. started with 18 points being scored just under the 20 minute mark. the next try (that we need) comes in the 37th minute and only really cause the eels turned the ball over in their own 20.

anyways a winner is a winner. not much to cheer about with still a deficit for the weekend but a reprieve. may have a play for monday night footy so stay tuned.

NRL 2014 Record: 2 - 4

units

dRavidC

14/3/14

NRL Round 2

2.5* Sea Eagles +7.5 vs Rabbitohs

2.5* Broncos vs Cowboys -2

dRavidC

14/3/14

NRL Round 2

2.5* Sea Eagles +7.5 vs Rabbitohs WINNER

2.5* Broncos vs Cowboys -2 LOSER
    NRL 2014 Record: 3 - 5

units
    Last edited by dRavidC; 03-14-14 at 10:27 PM.

dRavidC

15/3/14

NRL Round 2

3* Warrios vs Dragons OVER 37.5

Weather at Eden Park isn't flash hot apparently with a bit of rain. Nonetheless, I think the Warriors respond after a lacklustre offensive performance last week and pile on some points today. I still don't trust this warriors defence to keep this total under and this Widdop-lead dragons offence should get points as well. I think the warriors can blowout this dragons team but I like the OVER more. Good luck with what ever you decide to play in what has been quite an unpredictable start to the NRL season.
    Last edited by dRavidC; 03-14-14 at 10:30 PM.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

How bad is the rain there mate? Anyone live nearby or know for sure?

dRavidC

Quote Originally Posted by Domestic View Post
    http://www.weatherzone.com.au/vic/central/eden-park

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 804

I'm a couple of hours away it's dreadful here but watching the warm ups it's not bad really. Game should avoid any serious rain I think. I don't mind this over I see the pill being dropped in dangerous areas and fielding bombs in the wind will be a lottery so there could be some comical cheap tries. Kicking goals will be an issue though and you do need them.

Mase of Base

In with a shout, hope it hits for ya it was a brave bet.

Those big bombs are causing nightmares for the back three the Warriors should of had another try at least off the back of them, just lacking inside 20 at the moment. Dragons are playing a decent brand of footy as well, should be an interesting second half.

dRavidC

thanks mase,

it's looking very touch and go atm. dragons had a perfect opportunity when widdop put in the chip but squandered it and then warriors lilyman knocks on in what essentially was an open try line. quite an entertaining match actually. hope warriors pull away and pile on the points.

Mase of Base

Game on for the total now!

I'm on the damn Warriors ML, I don't like this.

dRavidC

what the heck 2 tries in like the first 5 minutes! ridiculous

dRavidC

2 shoe in tries bombed.

1st shaun johnson stepping past defenders only to drop ball when diving over try line.

2nd sam tomkins over cooking the last pass to the winger in what was a fairly open try line.
    Last edited by dRavidC; 03-15-14 at 01:12 AM.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

I managed to get 36 @ luxbet so did not have to sweat the over as much as you at the end there but glad it cashed, sneaky last try.

dRavidC

15/3/14

NRL Round 2

3* Warrios vs Dragons OVER 37.5 WINNER

Weather at Eden Park isn't flash hot apparently with a bit of rain. Nonetheless, I think the Warriors respond after a lacklustre offensive performance last week and pile on some points today. I still don't trust this warriors defence to keep this total under and this Widdop-lead dragons offence should get points as well. I think the warriors can blowout this dragons team but I like the OVER more. Good luck with what ever you decide to play in what has been quite an unpredictable start to the NRL season.
    ben creagh snatches a late one from another warriors mistake to end the sweat-fest in the dying minutes of the game. just when you thought the warriors couldn't play any worse last week. tomkins continues to look like a dud investment for the warriors. definitely did not see that coming at all, dragons scoring the points to get us the OVER and warriors scoreless in a whole half...

I think this warriors team are gonna take a bit longer than we thought to gel cause their attack honestly looked as disjointed as ever, even when they were leading 12-6. but anywho, well done dragons the team everyone tipped to be wooden spooners have 2 from 2.

NRL 2014 Record: 4 - 5

units

dRavidC

I managed to get 36 @ luxbet so did not have to sweat the over as much as you at the end there but glad it cashed, sneaky last try.
    yeah haha was definitely a sweat alright.

Mase of Base

Great call, I switched it off when that pass went into touch mid second half!

Tim Gerry Mander
    Tim Gerry Mander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Wow - nice jag at the end, that looked dead after all those bombed tries

dRavidC

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    Great call, I switched it off when that pass went into touch mid second half!
    thanks mate. you and me both shocked didn't think the warriors would lose that game especially with the lead at half time.

1234 ... Last