Tim Gerry Mander
    Tim Gerry Mander's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Another fave gets done.

HeisenBet
    HeisenBet's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 601

Almost at the point now to blindly bet the dog unless you have a very strong reason not to.

dRavidC
    dRavidC's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6849

Quote Originally Posted by dRavidC View Post
    11/04/14

NRL Round 6

both plays fraught with danger especially since dogs are lighting up so far and both plays for against betting trends. but at pickems essentially I can't pick the dog if I don't think they'll win it. but my gut says the favs prevail.

2* Panthers vs Rabbitohs -2.5 WINNER

2* Titans vs Broncos -2 LOSER
    Rabbitohs easy win - looking back to their old selves again.

But broncos were leading 8-0 midway through the 2nd half, and lose with Barba coffing up ball in the end goal...

but dayumm titans are now 5-0 ATS as dogs

#keepgrindingfellas

NRL 2014 Record: 12 - 10

+ 5.52
    units

dRavidC

12/04/14

NRL Round 6

2* Eels +6.5 vs Roosters

Massive Revenge angle here. Eels were spanked 56-4 just 4 rounds ago. Add in the fact that they are 4-1 ATS as dogs and 2-0 ATS at home against a Roosters side whose 1-4 ATS as favs and 0-2 ATS on the road and you can see everything is favouring the eels here. Whatever the outcome, it should be a close finish.

dRavidC

12/04/14

NRL Round 6

2* Eels +6.5 vs Roosters WINNER

Massive Revenge angle here. Eels were spanked 56-4 just 4 rounds ago. Add in the fact that they are 4-1 ATS as dogs and 2-0 ATS at home against a Roosters side whose 1-4 ATS as favs and 0-2 ATS on the road and you can see everything is favouring the eels here. Whatever the outcome, it should be a close finish.
    easy winner

NRL 2014 Record: 13 - 10

+ 7.34
    units

dRavidC

13/04/14

NRL Round 6

2* Warriors +1.5 vs Bulldogs

Massive week in the warriors camp. Their head coach gets sacked and everyone is having a go at the warriors staff. I think this is one of those cases where a team plays its heart out for their new coach. Add that with the fact that they had their worst game of the season and probably decade last week - an almost unwatchable game - I think they'll be pumped for this one. Warriors in a close one.

2* Sea Eagles vs Sharks +12

Sea Eagles 0-3 ATS as favs and 1-2 ATS at home. Sharks aren't that much better with a 0-2 ATS record away from home and 2-1 ATS as a dog. Anyway, think that win last week was what they needed and expecting a scrap against an inconsistent manly side. Think Manly still pull in out but Sharks to cover the big number.

dRavidC

13/04/14

NRL Round 6

2* Warriors +1.5 vs Bulldogs WINNER

Massive week in the warriors camp. Their head coach gets sacked and everyone is having a go at the warriors staff. I think this is one of those cases where a team plays its heart out for their new coach. Add that with the fact that they had their worst game of the season and probably decade last week - an almost unwatchable game - I think they'll be pumped for this one. Warriors in a close one.

2* Sea Eagles vs Sharks +12 LOSER

Sea Eagles 0-3 ATS as favs and 1-2 ATS at home. Sharks aren't that much better with a 0-2 ATS record away from home and 2-1 ATS as a dog. Anyway, think that win last week was what they needed and expecting a scrap against an inconsistent manly side. Think Manly still pull in out but Sharks to cover the big number.
    Warriors lose a heartbreaker but cover but importantly! Thats really gonna hurt them especailly since they led that entire game. They face the dragons away from home so be prepared for another cronulla type performance...

Sharkies dismal, eagles r back. bad play on my part. read too myself into their disciplined play against the warriors last week.

NRL 2014 Record: 14 - 11

+ 7.16
    units

dRavidC

18/04/14

NRL Round 7

2* Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs UNDER 39.5

Rabbitohs are 6-0 to the UNDER and the Dogs are 2-4 to the UNDER. Both sides have the best defences in the league and I don't see a lot of points being scored. Yes it's an afternoon game but it's not exactly "boiling hot" today.

2* Knights vs Broncos +3.5

Broncos are 4-0 ATS as dogs.Broncos have lost 2 straight now and I think they rebound tonight against a Newcastle side with Mullen back in the ranks. Broncos really should of beaten the titans but a costly Barba fumble cost them the game. Barba hasn't been himself the whole season but I've liked what their team has done to date. I've liked how the Knights looked against the raiders but I just think we will have a close game on our hands tonight and Broncos to keep their perfect DOG ATS record alive.

Tim Gerry Mander

I like both plays - but would prefer +4

I am hearing that Thaiday could be out for the Broncos

Tim Gerry Mander

Nice hit buddy

dRavidC

Quote Originally Posted by Tim Gerry Mander View Post
    Nice hit buddy
    thanks buddy

was a bit nervy seeing knights dominate opening 15 minutes but then when broncos had the ball it was just try after try.

dRavidC

18/04/14

NRL Round 7

2* Rabbitohs vs Bulldogs UNDER 39.5 WINNER

Rabbitohs are 6-0 to the UNDER and the Dogs are 2-4 to the UNDER. Both sides have the best defences in the league and I don't see a lot of points being scored. Yes it's an afternoon game but it's not exactly "boiling hot" today.

2* Knights vs Broncos +3.5 WINNER

Broncos are 4-0 ATS as dogs.Broncos have lost 2 straight now and I think they rebound tonight against a Newcastle side with Mullen back in the ranks. Broncos really should of beaten the titans but a costly Barba fumble cost them the game. Barba hasn't been himself the whole season but I've liked what their team has done to date. I've liked how the Knights looked against the raiders but I just think we will have a close game on our hands tonight and Broncos to keep their perfect DOG ATS record alive.
    rabbitohs bulldogs under was never in doubt.

and looked tight early on in knights broncos but then was cruisy for the brisbane side.

2-0 sweep folks

NRL 2014 Record: 16 - 11

+ 10.77
    units

dRavidC

wow @ titans ATS record, they are now 6-0 ATS as dogs. and their last ATS win against the Panthers was extremely lucky and off tap. their attack was awful and were trailing by 8 for most of the 2nd half. there was a panther try that somehow got denied and every call in the last 20 minutes went the titans way. even still they did not look like scoring a try that entire 2nd half. then in the last 2 minutes of the game, kelly puts in a grubber and moylan "magically" pats it into Sezer's hand as he dots down for the try... and now titans are 4-0 ATS on the road and 6-0 ATS as dogs. and of a bigger trend panthers are 7-0 to the UNDER. Incredible !

aussieH
    Update your status
    aussieH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 7720

Wow I was counting that as a win and was wondering why my account had not updated. Never over until it is over

dRavidC

25/04/14

NRL Round 8

3* Broncos vs Rabbitohs UNDER 38

Broncos 2-5 to the UNDER, Rabbitohs 1-6 to the UNDER. Both teams have the best defences of the competition of are pretty up there in the competition. This game just has UNDER written all over it. Points at a premium tonight.

dRavidC

25/04/14

NRL Round 8

3* Broncos vs Rabbitohs UNDER 38 LOSER

Broncos 2-5 to the UNDER, Rabbitohs 1-6 to the UNDER. Both teams have the best defences of the competition of are pretty up there in the competition. This game just has UNDER written all over it. Points at a premium tonight.
    UNDER trend was bound to end at some point, i just happened to pick the wrong moment to stick with the trend...

NRL 2014 Record: 16 - 12

+ 7.77
    units

dRavidC

26/04/14

NRL Round 8

3* Sharks vs Panthers UNDER 37.5

Sharks absolutely need this win and with Carney and Gallen back and having a few games under their belt they will be a desperate side defensively at least. Panthers have been UNDER machines (7-0 to the UNDER) and whilst they have a the short turnaround think they know now that their game is solely dependant on defence and grinding their opponents which is what I think continues today. No opinion on the side cause the only win Sharks have had was against a Warriors side that pretty much handed them the win. Panthers have been playing great footy and expect them to show up to. I have this game capped in the low 30's.

dRavidC

26/04/14

adding one more:

NRL Round 8

3.5* Cowboys vs Eels OVER 40.5

No time for writeup unfortunately. I have this capped in the mid-high 40's.
    Last edited by dRavidC; 04-26-14 at 01:41 AM. Reason: upgraded unit

Tim Gerry Mander

26/04/14

adding one more:

NRL Round 8

3.5* Cowboys vs Eels OVER 40.5

Love it
    Got on at 38 earlier in the week.
    Robert Lui has been dropped - this will equate to more points as he offers absolutely nothing in attack.
    I spoke to some of the Cowboys players last week and they are acutely aware that they need to score more points.
    They went some way to doing it last week and the coach has decided he needs more options in the halves.

I also expect the Eels to get more ball out to Radradra, who saw nothing last week and it showed on the scoreboard.
    Weather looks good, no reason why there shouldn't be points.

dRavidC

26/04/14

NRL Round 8

3* Sharks vs Panthers UNDER 37.5 LOSER

Sharks absolutely need this win and with Carney and Gallen back and having a few games under their belt they will be a desperate side defensively at least. Panthers have been UNDER machines (7-0 to the UNDER) and whilst they have a the short turnaround think they know now that their game is solely dependant on defence and grinding their opponents which is what I think continues today. No opinion on the side cause the only win Sharks have had was against a Warriors side that pretty much handed them the win. Panthers have been playing great footy and expect them to show up to. I have this game capped in the low 30's.
    26/04/14

adding one more:

NRL Round 8

3.5* Cowboys vs Eels OVER 40.5 WINNER

one deadset loser

one easy winner

NRL 2014 Record: 17 - 13

+ 7.92
    units

dRavidC

09/05/14

NRL Round 9

3* Roosters vs Tigers OVER 42

Mase of Base
    Mase of Base's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 804

What do you think of Benji to the Dragons? I'm thinking they're gonna regret that one badly especially with that amount thrown at him, he's done imo. He was hopeless for the Tigers for awhile and while that did sound like he was shafted a bit the Tigers made the right call not giving him the deal. When he came over here to play rugby he looked so hopeless and not just lost because of the rule change just hopeless. i can recall one amazing touch (one of his first actually) but other than that he did nothing and I can't really see that changing.

Will he better than an average 7 in the game at the moment? Maybe but not worth the coin given to him. Seemed a touch out of shape (even at the Tigers) also, kinda lame dig but just my observation.

dRavidC

09/05/14

NRL Round 9

3* Roosters vs Tigers OVER 42
    LOSER

kicking myself for choosing this play over cowboys -1.5...

NRL 2014 Record: 17 - 14

+ 4.92
    units

dRavidC

Quote Originally Posted by Mase of Base View Post
    What do you think of Benji to the Dragons? I'm thinking they're gonna regret that one badly especially with that amount thrown at him, he's done imo. He was hopeless for the Tigers for awhile and while that did sound like he was shafted a bit the Tigers made the right call not giving him the deal. When he came over here to play rugby he looked so hopeless and not just lost because of the rule change just hopeless. i can recall one amazing touch (one of his first actually) but other than that he did nothing and I can't really see that changing.

Will he better than an average 7 in the game at the moment? Maybe but not worth the coin given to him. Seemed a touch out of shape (even at the Tigers) also, kinda lame dig but just my observation.
    well benji is well beyond his peak that's for sure. and we can't judge him based on his rugby union gig cause its very different to league. i guess it's hard to say until we see him play 1-2 games for the club. witt at half wasn't quite doing it for the dragons so benji might be the support widdop may need for what has to be said is an "honest" dragons. my gut says his presence in the squad may add a bit but in reality wouldn't be surprised if the dragons stay the same or be worse with him in the side.
    Points Awarded:

Mase of Base gave dRavidC 2 Betpoint(s) for this post.

dRavidC

10/05/14

NRL Round 9

2* Titans vs Rabbitohs -4

dRavidC

10/05/14

NRL Round 9

adding

3* Storm vs Sea Eagles +6

HUGE REVENGE angle here for manly and Melbourne are 0-4 ATS at home. Yes Manly have injuries but think they'll keep it within the number of even better snatch the win.

dRavidC

10/05/14

NRL Round 9

2* Titans vs Rabbitohs -4 WINNER
    10/05/14

NRL Round 9

adding

3* Storm vs Sea Eagles +6 WINNER

HUGE REVENGE angle here for manly and Melbourne are 0-4 ATS at home. Yes Manly have injuries but think they'll keep it within the number of even better snatch the win.
    utter crap in the afl, absolutely nailed it in the nrl

my oh my 2 heart breaking losses to manly in a row. melbourne must be loving this.

NRL 2014 Record: 19 - 14

+ 9.47
    units

dRavidC

16/05/14

NRL Round 10

2* Rabbitohs vs Storm OVER 40.5

Mase of Base

Cheers for the reply reg Benji. I like your points, I think I was assuming Benji would take more of Widdops role and ruin them but it could be a Cronk/Widdop like scenario which would work.

Going to tail on your over, don't mind it although think if it cashes it's late! I'm taking the under in queensland, took the last one between the broncs & cows and that was a terrible beat, I'm a sucker for pain!

Mase of Base

Nice hit, did think it would need something special late and Cronk comes through for ya!

beeeej12
    beeeej12's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 767

Good hit on that over never in doubt haha

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

Cronk slots it in! Congrats on hitting the over.

dRavidC

16/05/14

NRL Round 10

2* Rabbitohs vs Storm OVER 40.5 WINNER
    thanks Mase of Base, beeej12 & Mrxyz.

Fortunate cronk field goal slots out the much needed winner with > 6 minutes to play. Must be said that melbourne try in the dying seconds of the 1st half and the sideline coversion from smith proved crucial! I think whilst it was close, I think we were on the right side.

NRL 2014 Record: 20 - 14

+ 11.29
    units

TEAMSPORTS
    TEAMSPORTS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 341

great stuff, nice record so far this season

dRavidC

18/05/14

NRL Round 10

3* Bulldogs vs Warriors M/L

Warriors been on fire since the hiring of McFaden and firing of Elliot. As dreadful as their opponents was, the warriors looked devestating last week. Add in that fact that the warriors got pipped by 1 in a heart breaker and you have a big REVENGE angle. This is a bulldogs home game but it's played in NZ so no real edge there. Just think the warriors are on a roll and bulldogs are so hot that they're due for a loss.

First 123456 ... Last