Round 23: 2-3
    Round 24: 4-1
    YTD: 23-20-1

Dr.Gonzo
    Dr.Gonzo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3192

NRL Round 25:

Wests Tigers Over 12.5 points

Expecting a better effort coming off a win with Farah back and Benji's 200th. This is a better play than taking the points in my opinion, expecting enough motivation to score some consultation trys but not confident that will translate to the defense.

Brisbane Broncos Under 20.5 points

Expecting a low scoring game with Newcastle's defensing doing their best to stop points with their season on the line, they won't be able to rely on their anemic attack to run down a big total so here's where they should be aiming up. Beau Scott was horrible in defense against Brisbane in their earlier meeting and they still struggled for points, can't expect to see that happen again.

Dr.Gonzo

Good start to the weekend last night.

NRL Round 25 (continued)

Warriors -9.5
    Warriors Over 27.5 points
    Manly +4
    Manly Over 2.5 tries (this is heavy juiced so I'll need 1.5 units)

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

"Lively Luke a godsendIssac Luke is arguably the second best rake in the game yet remains one of the most underrated players in the NRL. Surrounded by superstar teammates like Greg Inglis, Sam Burgess, Adam Reynolds and John Sutton, Luke rarely gets the credit he deserves. He is an out-and-out superstar though. There is no better dummy-half runner in the game and the space he creates is second-to-none. Against the Tigers, he laid on three tries and ran for 110 metres. If Souths are to go all the way it will be on the back of Luke’s sharpness and his creativity around the ruck." (NRL.com)

Dr.Gonzo

NRL Round 25 (continued)

Parra/Saints Under 46

rohan22no
    rohan22no's Avatar Become A Pro!

Great weekend Gonzo, well played

Dr.Gonzo

Round 25: 6-1
    YTD: 29-21-1

Dr.Gonzo

NRL Round 26

Bulldogs -6
    Broncos Under 19

Even at home Broncos have been struggling, Bulldogs don't have much to play for but at least they're alive in the finals. Hasler probably wants to build some momentum with a team who underperformed for much of this season.

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by sando View Post
    "Lively Luke a godsendIssac Luke is arguably the second best rake in the game yet remains one of the most underrated players in the NRL. Surrounded by superstar teammates like Greg Inglis, Sam Burgess, Adam Reynolds and John Sutton, Luke rarely gets the credit he deserves. He is an out-and-out superstar though. There is no better dummy-half runner in the game and the space he creates is second-to-none. Against the Tigers, he laid on three tries and ran for 110 metres. If Souths are to go all the way it will be on the back of Luke’s sharpness and his creativity around the ruck." (NRL.com)
    Running up points against the Tigers at this stage on the reason doesn't mean that much in my book.

There's no doubt he's a great dummy half runner and Souths provide great opportunities walking off the mark and diving at the ground to achieve quick play the balls but I have my reservations of the effectiveness against the top tier teams, they are well aware of the Issac Luke dummy half run on the 4th tackle.

As I believe I have already mentioned if you consider last years finals series, Luke put a hurting on Canberra who struggled around the ruck. In contrast, better prepared teams who place more emphasis in the ruck shut him down: Melbourne and Canterbury.

angelo63
    angelo63's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2192

I dont agree about everyone being aware of Lukes runs from dummy half on the 4th tackle, he runs depending on the opportunity arises as well. Last year in melbourne the rabbitohs did not go forward at all and Luke had no chance in a badly beaten team , against the Dogs he had them in the game untill Reynolds went off and he and Peats shared half and dummy half. Put Luke in for Friend or Ballin and i believe Roosters or Manly win the comp.
    Its about personal opinion so thats all good.

Cowboys would of finished in top 4 if they did not lose Segeyaro to Panthers, he is the best young hooker in the comp and i just can not understand who let him go from the Cows,

Love the Bulldogs tonight as well , Good luck

sando
    sando's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 573

Read that little presser on Luke and the very first thing I thought of was - Gonzo will love this, haha. Have you changed your opinion on South's chances at all this year? They have been playing pretty well last couple of weeks (not including 1st Half v Tigers).
    Quote Originally Posted by angelo63 View Post

Cowboys would of finished in top 4 if they did not lose Segeyaro to Panthers, he is the best young hooker in the comp and i just can not understand who let him go from the Cows,
    I agree mate, I have been saying all year that letting Segeyaro go was the biggest mistake made by any club in the off season. He wasn't even that expensive...

Dr.Gonzo

Souths have shown they may be a stronger team than I've given them credit for but I've still got them rated the 4th and have my doubts, as I rate them stronger the market takes an even stronger position so I'm still going to take a set against them. GI's injury is a major concern, he's not even close to a hundred percent.

Out of the possible finals match ups I love Melbourne against them and I'd favor Manly, I honestly see them losing in the first week. They might actually match up best against Easts.

Dr.Gonzo

NRL Round 26 (continued)

Easts +6
    Easts Over 15.5
    Souths Under 22.5

Everything has fallen in favor of Souths for this match up but 6 points is still too many in my book.

Dr.Gonzo

NRL Round 26 (continued)

Warriors -10

Playing to keep their finals dreams alive against a team that is struggling.

MrXYZ
    MrXYZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3627

Warriors can't seem to get their act together against one of the worst teams in the comp. unbelievable.

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by MrXYZ View Post
    Warriors can't seem to get their act together against one of the worst teams in the comp. unbelievable.
    Dreadful effort, this was in the back of my mind as a possibility but I really didn't expect to see this. Such a lethargic performance whilst playing to keep your season alive.

Dr.Gonzo

NRL Round 26 (continued)

Gold Coast Over 14.5 points

Playing to keep their finals dreams alive, wager also has the possibility to get bailed out with consultation tries.

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Gonzo View Post
    NRL Round 26 (continued)

Playing to keep their finals dreams alive, wager also has the possibility to get bailed out with consultation tries.
    Cash it before the 30 minute mark

OZnBa Fan
    OZnBa Fan's Avatar Become A Pro!

NRL Round 26 (continued)

I tailed this 1 mate great pick

Dr.Gonzo

NRL Round 26 (continued)

Eels +22.5

Newcastle will probably just want to get ready for next week, won't gain much regardless of the result.

Dr.Gonzo

Tallying up the results of the final round heading off into the finals.

Round 26: 5-3
    YTD: 34-24-1

Quite happy with those results considering the Round 21 burial.

I've made it clear I like Melbourne over Souths and you could probably guess I'll be taking Easts over Manly. Still have some numbers to crush and angles to consider with regards to the 5-8 teams.
    Last edited by Dr.Gonzo; 09-08-13 at 10:39 PM.

Dr.Gonzo

Will be keeping a separate record for the finals series as I'm going to play things a little different.

NRL Finals Week 1

1* Bulldogs -4

Just taking an early position dictated by my opinion of future line movement.

Dr.Gonzo

NRL Finals Week 1 (continued)

3* Melbourne ML ($2.09)
    2* Melbourne Over 16.5 ($1.97)
    1* Melbourne HT/FT ($3.00)

I've written a fair bit on this match up, Souths struggle against Melbourne because they don't handle teams who control the ruck. GI and Sutton went missing when the heat went on against Easts, both carrying injuries. Melbourne have been there and done the job in the finals whilst Souths have a recent history of failure. I've still got Melbourne rated a special but I have reduced this from a GOTY play, Melbourne don't look bulletproof.

*If you have an account with sportsbet Melbourne are 2.05 with a refunded of up to $100 if they loss 1-10, I would suggest all $100 players take this bet.

Dr.Gonzo

5* Easts -2 (1.90)

I rate Easts very highly. Brett Stewart is Manly's best player, huge loss.

Dr.Gonzo

3* Melbourne ML ($2.09)
    2* Melbourne Over 16.5 ($1.97)
    1* Melbourne HT/FT ($3.00)

I've written a fair bit on this match up, Souths struggle against Melbourne because they don't handle teams who control the ruck. GI and Sutton went missing when the heat went on against Easts, both carrying injuries. Melbourne have been there and done the job in the finals whilst Souths have a recent history of failure. I've still got Melbourne rated a special but I have reduced this from a GOTY play, Melbourne don't look bulletproof.

*If you have an account with sportsbet Melbourne are 2.05 with a refunded of up to $100 if they loss 1-10, I would suggest all $100 players take this bet.
    To borrow a phrase, Souths are who we thought they were. Produced an effort around where what was expected, worth mentioning GI's goal line defense, was exceptionally good.

Melbourne were bog average, yet they had 2 tries disallowed and only lost by 10. That matrix tackle should have been sent off, horrific incident.

s2230011
    s2230011's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3071

Thought that second Slater try was a try, pretty surprised they over turned after two looks

Dr.Gonzo

2* Sharks -1.5 ($1.90)

I'm not placing that much emphasis on their last meeting given the huge effort they were coming off, and Carney being injured given their attack just doesn't function without him. Keep coming back to that first half against Easts, if they can produce something close to that they'll blow the Cows out of the water.

Dr.Gonzo

Will be keeping a separate record for the finals series as I'm going to play things a little different.

NRL Finals Week 1

1* Bulldogs -4

Just taking an early position dictated by my opinion of future line movement.
    Totally got the line movement wrong here, Knights firmed into -3.5.

Adding plays

1* Knights Over 16.5 ($1.88)
    1* Game Total Over 39.5 ($2.00)

Kind of goofed this game, will be happy with a 2-1 result.

Dr.Gonzo

NRL Finals Series Week 1 Results: 3-5 (-0.82 units)

The Souths/Melbourne game was set up to bury me bit I managed to dodge alot of the potential damage.

Good results for the Easts future.

Dr.Gonzo

NRL Finals Week 2

3* Manly HT/FT ($1.60)

Manly should be a little too good for Cronulla, especially without Carney. Only danger is they are flat from last weeks brutal games against Easts, but if they can bring that same intensity they'll be winning. Manly have really tried to make an impression from the opening whistle, hence the HT/FT play. Expecting a tough game in the forwards but Manly's backline too classy.

Dr.Gonzo

NRL Finals Week 2 (continued)

3* Newcastle Over 12.5 points ($2.10)

Newcastle come into this game with enough momentum to put a few points on Melbourne regardless of the result. Melbourne look a little flat and their defense has been less than stellar.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

On the O34.5 myself and I agree that Newcastle are capable of scoring some points in this one, best of luck.

Dr.Gonzo

Quote Originally Posted by Domestic View Post
    On the O34.5 myself and I agree that Newcastle are capable of scoring some points in this one, best of luck.
    Bad luck, got done by the hook.

Dr.Gonzo

NRL Finals Series Week 2 Results: 2-0 (+5.1 units)

NRL Finals Series Results: 5-5 (+4.28 units)

Good results this week, got both games right.

Domestic
    Domestic's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1756

Congrats man, should have rolled with your play.

First 123456 ... Last