chaka
    chaka's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 11152

horse race partnerships/syndicates

looking for
    1) anyone have current/past experience with Drawing Away Stable?
    and
    2) thoughts on their partnership investment process
    they are only claiming horses20k up to 100k minimum investment is 5%
    if a horse was claimed for 20k and u want 5% you owe 1000 plus 15% of the 1000 for total of 1150$.
    no more cash calls ever. trainer covers everything transportation, meds, vet, training etc

returns on horse earnings. 65% to trainer 35% split amongst investors

so if a horse earned 50k. trainer keeps 32,500 and our 5 % would be off $17500 or $875

seems like a way for a beginner like myself to get into and be a part of the game with very low downside from minimal one time investment.

advice, comments appreciated if anyone has experiences with other partnerships please share your experiences

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

You're going to have to hit on a once or twice in a lifetime horse to make significant money like Blinkers On Stables did with Turbulent Descent .They could have made a fortune if they would have sold her a year before they eventually did but I'm sure they made out OK.That is what a dream horse looks like for a smaller budget partnership.

If it is really a 1 time investment then nothing wrong with having fun and getting your feet wet.For my money I would want more say in what horses we go after and operations in general.

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

my partnership pacer went to her sire stakes FINALS in both her 2 & 3 y/o campaigns....FINALS!

and I still just BARELY cleared a profit by the time we sold her....

tread carefully....

scum bags everywhere.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

DAS is a good partnership to invest in, real nice peeps, they did have a claimer who won and hit board a lot however it broke down in stretch . "Saginaw". I am going to invest with them in the future. It is no get rich quick scheme, you will probably break even or lose a little however you get your new york owners license, DAS jackets and other stuff.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68207

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    looking for
    1) anyone have current/past experience with Drawing Away Stable?
    and
    2) thoughts on their partnership investment process
    they are only claiming horses20k up to 100k minimum investment is 5%
    if a horse was claimed for 20k and u want 5% you owe 1000 plus 15% of the 1000 for total of 1150$.
    no more cash calls ever. trainer covers everything transportation, meds, vet, training etc

returns on horse earnings. 65% to trainer 35% split amongst investors

so if a horse earned 50k. trainer keeps 32,500 and our 5 % would be off $17500 or $875

seems like a way for a beginner like myself to get into and be a part of the game with very low downside from minimal one time investment.

advice, comments appreciated if anyone has experiences with other partnerships please share your experiences

The 50K split will come after the takeout from the horseman's bookkeeper for the jockey fees and pony fees I assume. That would be 10% for the jock if the horse won and 5% or a straight fee that is printed in the condition book for each track if the horse is 2nd, 3rd or worse. Not that much but wanted to bring that to your attention.

Here is my question:

Who gets what portion of the claim price when the horse is claimed away from you or sold privately or at auction?

This answer is really important for you to know. Please let me know.

mikemca
    Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by TonyP View Post
    DAS is a good partnership to invest in, real nice peeps, they did have a claimer who won and hit board a lot however it broke down in stretch . "Saginaw". I am going to invest with them in the future. It is no get rich quick scheme, you will probably break even or lose a little however you get your new york owners license, DAS jackets and other stuff.
    Might be good people at Drawing Away but their trainer D Jacobson is a shady mofo

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Might be good people at Drawing Away but their trainer D Jacobson is a shady mofo
    he sure is

chaka

thanks guys--

str- I am waiting for confirmation on info you suggested

Mike- When my racing knowledge level is on par with you- I would want more say as well but right now I am still learning the game and wouldn't know or be able to ask the proper questions. I do try to follow your posts

Its not money maker I realize that but I feel that one pays more attention when there is skin in the game. You can make paper wagers all day and do well but its what you do when the real $$(large or small) is on the line. Your mindset changes. For now, I need to protect my downside and DA seems like a possible vehicle to do so but rather than jump in, I wanted to see if others here had any experience with them-good or bad

I did invest with another stable last fall but the horses are yet to run..different setup. On of the 2 girls is set to run at Arlington early May- hopefully I can be there. The other is a NY bred dealing with nagging but minor issues) and wont run til probably July at Belmont.

I love the horses game but my regular work job precludes me from spending a lot of time learning.

Thanks for the replies guys.

STR I have an update for you but your inbox is full

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68207

Quote Originally Posted by chaka View Post
    thanks guys--

str- I am waiting for confirmation on info you suggested

Mike- When my racing knowledge level is on par with you- I would want more say as well but right now I am still learning the game and wouldn't know or be able to ask the proper questions. I do try to follow your posts

Its not money maker I realize that but I feel that one pays more attention when there is skin in the game. You can make paper wagers all day and do well but its what you do when the real $$(large or small) is on the line. Your mindset changes. For now, I need to protect my downside and DA seems like a possible vehicle to do so but rather than jump in, I wanted to see if others here had any experience with them-good or bad

I did invest with another stable last fall but the horses are yet to run..different setup. On of the 2 girls is set to run at Arlington early May- hopefully I can be there. The other is a NY bred dealing with nagging but minor issues) and wont run til probably July at Belmont.

I love the horses game but my regular work job precludes me from spending a lot of time learning.

Thanks for the replies guys.

STR I have an update for you but your inbox is full
    Sorry about that. Just made room.

mikemca
    Update Status

Thx for the kind words but tbh compliments make me uncomfortable.Every aspect of this game will humble you over and over again so I will never feel like I have a solid grasp on it.

As far as the partnership I guess I am just very cynical and wouldn't trust many people to make decisions with my best interest in mind.

chaka

Quote Originally Posted by str View Post
    The 50K split will come after the takeout from the horseman's bookkeeper for the jockey fees and pony fees I assume. That would be 10% for the jock if the horse won and 5% or a straight fee that is printed in the condition book for each track if the horse is 2nd, 3rd or worse. Not that much but wanted to bring that to your attention.

Here is my question:

Who gets what portion of the claim price when the horse is claimed away from you or sold privately or at auction?

This answer is really important for you to know. Please let me know.
    ok as usual STR, you are correct ..there are a few deductions for jockeys etc. before dividing the profits 65/35 .they are going to send me a sample breakdown of recent win off a claim hopefully by this weekend

as for horse claimed away or sold- we own 5%(Per my example) so if they run back at same level out of the money...we get our original 5% back but not the 15% fee we paid with it.

they were open that there are good horses and bad horses....some horses ran up big bills by not racing for months and trainers lost money, won a couple races and investors still made a little.....others owners lost a little but trainers made money and in a couple (rare) cases a horse was a homerun for everyone...
    They were no pressure, advised to spread a little on more horses rather than a large % in one horse, put me on a list and said if you are not interested, just ignore the text...Call anytime with questions

chaka

ok just learned there is also a 5% bonus to trainer on any profit over original purchase price on any sale or claim..