robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Burned By The Max Payout

Played the late pick 4 at Tampa. The $1 ticket cost me about $120. In the first leg I had maybe 4 horses. There was heavy chalk with the #5. It went off 2/5. A few minutes before the race goes off I single the #5 with all the other horses for another $1.

The pick 4 hits with a 2/5, I think 16-1, 35-1 and 3-1. The pick 4 for $1 pays over $4,500. I had it twice. Never thought it would pay that much so I was only able to collect 5. Sucks, but I knew the payout.

Also on Sunday I had an interesting situation. I played the early pick 4 at Oaklawn for 50 cents. The ticket cost about $140. First leg 3/2, second leg, 3-1, third leg maybe 55-1. I have 5 horses in the 4th leg. The #1 pays about 3kish, #4 pays 3 out of 4 (I'd be screwed since my book doesn't pay out the pool) #7 and #8 would pay out over 20k which my book would pay because it is in the winning limits and the #12 for about 3kish.

They cancel racing before the race goes off. I don't know what to make of it. I get $940 for each of the horses I had. I still don't know what if I should be happy or wish they ran.

I do know after this experience I'm leaning more towards having a legal out for tracks like tampa.

daoilman
    daoilman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Sounds like you had a nice run, all you need to do is move to TwinSpires.

robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by daoilman View Post
    Sounds like you had a nice run, all you need to do is move to TwinSpires.

I have an account at the local track. There are pros and cons, which I pride myself on being on top of. Just for my horse action last week I got over 2k in loyalty points that I could use for free play money. Granted, I'm not going to be playing the rainbow 6 deep with longshots offshore.

cecil127
    Horses and Hockey Biatch!
    cecil127's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6871

freeplay being allowed in the racebook? do tell......