Mahowny82
    Mahowny82's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5041

How and what´s the best way to keep betting records?

Hello horse betting fans!

I'm not the greatest in making myself clear in the english language but lets try..

I would like to know what's the best program out there to keep my betting records and would like to know how some of you guys do it and maybe share some tips in improving my record keeping.

I want to keep detailed records on like an overall tab with all the bets I make, specified on sort of bet, track, distance, odds , why I made the particular bet etc.

And then after a couple of weeks, months etc I would like to filter the bets with a simple click.....on track or one of the above details.

I also would like to read the longest losing streak, average odds, roi, total wins, total losses etc.

Is Excel or Open office calc a good program to use if I want to achieve this? Or are there better alternatives out there?

Thanks in advance and good luck.

singgooner
    singgooner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Do you mean something like this Excel attached
    Attached Files

Mahowny82

Yes I mean something like that but a little more sophisticated with roi calculations etc, and a way to filter on certain conditions like track etc. It seems I have to create it myself the way I want... but I´m not a expert at excel.

Anyway thanks for your help and good luck.

singgooner
    singgooner's Avatar Become A Pro!

well, to create ROI - it is very simple.

if in b1 you have $1800 and in b2 you have $1000 - then the formula is very simple to get roi:-

=((b1/b2)-1)

then press the % button on the top page tool bar and job done !

you can also filter my style with the a to z button on the sort part of the toolbar - so if you classify via

a, aoc, c, **, msw, st.a, st.oc, oc, wc

you instantly sort alphabetically for races and this can be done for dirt, aw, turf

and track surface like fast, sloppy, muddy, etc

It's fairly easy once you get your head around excel

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

betting records would do me no good, way more interested in keeping horse records. Tons of moves within horse racing and nice to know how each fare.

Mahowny82

Quote Originally Posted by singgooner View Post
    well, to create ROI - it is very simple.

if in b1 you have $1800 and in b2 you have $1000 - then the formula is very simple to get roi:-

=((b1/b2)-1)

then press the % button on the top page tool bar and job done !

you can also filter my style with the a to z button on the sort part of the toolbar - so if you classify via

a, aoc, c, **, msw, st.a, st.oc, oc, wc

you instantly sort alphabetically for races and this can be done for dirt, aw, turf

and track surface like fast, sloppy, muddy, etc

It's fairly easy once you get your head around excel
    Thanks for your suggestions going to get a good sleep now and will get my head around it soon.

Mahowny82

Good luck!

Wanted to delete this post but don't know how. Sorry.
    Last edited by Mahowny82; 03-03-14 at 05:45 PM.

laprikon
    laprikon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 504

Quote Originally Posted by Mahowny82 View Post
    Hello horse betting fans!

I'm not the greatest in making myself clear in the english language but lets try..

I would like to know what's the best program out there to keep my betting records and would like to know how some of you guys do it and maybe share some tips in improving my record keeping.

I want to keep detailed records on like an overall tab with all the bets I make, specified on sort of bet, track, distance, odds , why I made the particular bet etc.

And then after a couple of weeks, months etc I would like to filter the bets with a simple click.....on track or one of the above details.

I also would like to read the longest losing streak, average odds, roi, total wins, total losses etc.

Is Excel or Open office calc a good program to use if I want to achieve this? Or are there better alternatives out there?

Thanks in advance and good luck.
    try underdogchance tracker you can find at MB site