robmpink
    Update your status
    robmpink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 43

Quote Originally Posted by mrginandtonic View Post
    Hmm, Wood Memorial. Can we bet against the favorites?? As of now, odds are not too bad for the two undefeated horses. But I am gonna take a shot at beating them. If pace makes the race, then I am gonna go with the 2-Wicked Strong. ML at 15-1, now 9-1. If pace collapses, then I think there is a good chance. If not, oh well....
    Nice call Mr.!

mrginandtonic
    mrginandtonic's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 4512

Quote Originally Posted by Swift Thinking View Post
    Great call . I couldn't be that horse . Javier wen out there with 7 strictly to penetrate with Social Inclusion
    Thanks Swift. Had a pretty good yesterday, thanks to Wicked Strong and California Chrome. Not too sure about Javier's ride on the 7-Schiverelli as to STRICTLY to penetrate with Social Inclusion. He only ran twice and his last race was a front running win by 12 lengths. Maybe he was instructed to do so cuz the trainer thought that was his best chance. So I really don't know. But I was hoping for a good pace for the race that would give Wicked the best chance. Nonetheless, I feel that California Chrome was impressive win.

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by JBEX View Post
    Nice call mgt.. Like what he did as a 2yo and what mikemca said about
    him being compromised by the track and the post last two
    at GP.. Just liked Kristo a little better and he had no real excuse.. California
    Chrome ultra impressive and will probably be a sizeable favorite but winning
    on the front not easy in the KD.. will be interesting
    Thanks Jbex, I really like his chances when I saw that there seems to be a good pace to the race and how he ran as a two year old. I didn't know that Mikemca had the same pick until I saw your post. I missed it cuz he posted under his Dubai thread. If I knew, I think I woulda hammer it a little more. LOL.

As to California Chrome, he looked impressive vs the others. I think this race showed that he can track a little bit (he was second most of the way) and will be a big advantage for him. And going home under a hand ride, WOW.

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by robmpink View Post
    Nice call Mr.!
    Thanks Rob and thanks for dropping by. See anything you like today??

Draynay
    Draynay's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 186

Are you kidding me ?

Wicked Strong runs down Samraat who had one of the longest winning streaks in the country and had never been beaten and out ran a horse who posted the highest Beyer of the year.... What did California Chrome do ? He ran down some horse name Dublin Up who has never won anything anywhere.... and he is to be the favorite ? Maybe Wicked Strong should race the mighty Dublin Up and see if that helps his street cred....

By the way Constitution beat Wicked Strong by more than 6 lengths and ran down the Hutcheson and FOY winner.

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by Draynay View Post
    Wicked Strong runs down Samraat who had one of the longest winning streaks in the country and had never been beaten and out ran a horse who posted the highest Beyer of the year.... What did California Chrome do ? He ran down some horse name Dublin Up who has never won anything anywhere.... and he is to be the favorite ? Maybe Wicked Strong should race the mighty Dublin Up and see if that helps his street cred....

By the way Constitution beat Wicked Strong by more than 6 lengths and ran down the Hutcheson and FOY winner.
    Tks for dropping by and give your input. Are you picking Constitution to win the Derby??

mrginandtonic

Today's Race of the Day is the Arkansas Derby @ Oaklawn Park. Tapiture and Bayern are the two morning line favorites. I think the odds on them are too low for me to take. If I have to take one, I will probably take Tapiture only because he is more conditioned than Bayern. On paper, there seems to be a lot of pace in this race which will not go well will speedster Bayern. DRF handicappers pick 4- Ride on Curlin and 9- Strong Mandate. I like the Ride on Curlin if he can duplicate his Champagne effort when he is running from off the pace. The other horse that I like is the 1-Danza, I just think he is better than he has shown so far. 2nd off layoff will be key for him. In conclusion, I think I am gonna box 1,3,4 in exact as and trifectas. GL all.

As usual, comments and suggestions are always welcome.

mrginandtonic

Today's Race of the Day is the Arkansas Derby @ Oaklawn Park. Tapiture and Bayern are the two morning line favorites. I think the odds on them are too low for me to take. If I have to take one, I will probably take Tapiture only because he is more conditioned than Bayern. On paper, there seems to be a lot of pace in this race which will not go well will speedster Bayern. DRF handicappers pick 4- Ride on Curlin and 9- Strong Mandate. I like the Ride on Curlin if he can duplicate his Champagne effort when he is running from off the pace. The other horse that I like is the 1-Danza, I just think he is better than he has shown so far. 2nd off layoff will be key for him. In conclusion, I think I am gonna box 1,3,4 in exact as and trifectas. GL all.

Hope you guys got some $$.

1-4 exacta paid $561.40 for $2
    84.60 win for $2

Good day at the track today. Till next time. GL.

cbiscuit
    cbiscuit's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1714

Way to go Gin!! A-bomb exacta

Draynay

Great call .... and Danza will be on my Derby ticket.

mrginandtonic

April 19, 2014 DRF Race of the Day is the Charles Town Classic at 1 1/8. Game on Dude is the heavy favorite @ 4-5. He won this race last year. Can he do it again this year?? DRF analysts both picked the 5- Long River @ 6-1. I think we all agree that this race should have a good pace to it. This will not be in Dude's favor. He has speed horses inside and outside of him. If he is forced to track or duel for the lead, he may be in trouble. Then again, he is the Dude. So in order to make any money, I would have to hope he doesn't win. And I think it is interesting that the Dude outside of California, his Beyer numbers are not that impressive. The 2-Moreno and the 5-Long River also have good numbers. I don't like the 2 because he likes the front also and I don't he will be faster than the Dude. That goes will all the other front runners. I am hoping that the Dude will spend too much energy that he won't be able to hold off the closers. I don't like the 1-Clubhouse Ride, I just don't think he can beat the Dude. He has lost so many times. The 5-Long River seems like a logical choice. He has been improving and has tactical speed. My bomb of this race is the 7-Imperative. I like him for two reasons. One is that he will be ridden by Kent Desormeaux and second he has a good closing kick as seen in his past turf races. He also beat the Dude two races back (when Dude had an off day). His last race is just terrible trip. So, at 20-1 ML, I am gonna put a small wager on him to win and place and exacta and trifecta box 3-5-7. GL everyone.

mrginandtonic

April 19, 2014 DRF Race of the Day is the Charles Town Classic at 1 1/8. Game on Dude is the heavy favorite @ 4-5. He won this race last year. Can he do it again this year?? DRF analysts both picked the 5- Long River @ 6-1. I think we all agree that this race should have a good pace to it. This will not be in Dude's favor. He has speed horses inside and outside of him. If he is forced to track or duel for the lead, he may be in trouble. Then again, he is the Dude. So in order to make any money, I would have to hope he doesn't win. And I think it is interesting that the Dude outside of California, his Beyer numbers are not that impressive. The 2-Moreno and the 5-Long River also have good numbers. I don't like the 2 because he likes the front also and I don't he will be faster than the Dude. That goes will all the other front runners. I am hoping that the Dude will spend too much energy that he won't be able to hold off the closers. I don't like the 1-Clubhouse Ride, I just don't think he can beat the Dude. He has lost so many times. The 5-Long River seems like a logical choice. He has been improving and has tactical speed. My bomb of this race is the 7-Imperative. I like him for two reasons. One is that he will be ridden by Kent Desormeaux and second he has a good closing kick as seen in his past turf races. He also beat the Dude two races back (when Dude had an off day). His last race is just terrible trip. So, at 20-1 ML, I am gonna put a small wager on him to win and place and exacta and trifecta box 3-5-7. GL everyone.

7-Imperative paid $55.00 win
    7-3 Exacta $139.89

Hope you guys got some. Till next time, GL all. (Thank goodness I made some money here to offset the loss in fukkin Hawks and Penguins).

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9416

7-Imperative paid $55.00 win
    7-3 Exacta $139.89

Hope you guys got some. Till next time, GL all. (Thank goodness I made some mo
    ney here to offset the loss in fukkin Hawks and Penguins).

Nice call mgt!! I liked your reasoning with the pace scenario and the fact that God doesn't
    seem to run monster beyers outside California. The addition of blinkers and dirt seem to
    agree with him and what a great claim for 50k. Surprised they didn't try the dirt sooner being
    he's by Bernardini out of a Caller ID mare. This one may have a nice future being only 4yo
    and lightly raced. They've made close to 1M with him so far

mrginandtonic

Nice call mgt!! I liked your reasoning with the pace scenario and the fact that God doesn't
    seem to run monster beyers outside California. The addition of blinkers and dirt seem to
    agree with him and what a great claim for 50k. Surprised they didn't try the dirt sooner being
    he's by Bernardini out of a Caller ID mare. This one may have a nice future being only 4yo
    and lightly raced. They've made close to 1M with him so far
    Can you imagine being the owner who claimed him?? $1M already.

JBEX
    JBEX's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9416

Can you imagine being the owner who claimed him?? $1M already.
    yeah.. gotta feel great.. Darley won't miss him though.. Million to them is like a baloney sandwich
    to me lol

mrginandtonic

yeah.. gotta feel great.. Darley won't miss him though.. Million to them is like a baloney sandwich
    to me lol
    LOL, I know what you mean. Wish I can be like that.

mrginandtonic

Race of the Day: Keeneland Race 9 Elkhorn-G2 @ 1 1/2 mile Turf.

Wow, what a field?! Where do we begin?? ML favorite is 5-Temeraine @ 5-1. If you bet the favorite and he is 5-1 and win, what a steal!! Well, looks like the odds maker doesn't really think there is true favorite in this race. To me, this is one tough race to cap. Anyone can win it. Who do you guys like?? DRF analyst Dan, like the 10-Tricky Hat. I think this race depends on the pace. There are quite a few here that needs a strong pace to run at. So, I am gonna attack this race from the pace stand point which means that I am pick one that is likes to run close to the pace and not far back. The ones that fits this scenario are: 1, 2, 5, 10, 13 (hopefully I didn't miss any). Out of these 5, I am gonna key the 13- Forte Dei Marmi. He has shown that he can win 1 1/2 distance, and making his 2nd start off the 6 month layoff. Only problem is that he seems to win most of his races at Woodbine. He is 10-1 ML, suspect that he will be higher. This race is definitely one that I will not bet large on. Will play a few $ tri and supers, that's it (just for fun).

As always, comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Heppy10
    Heppy10's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1574

Hey this is indeed a hard race, i too like the 10- tricky hat and the 5 temeraine. Funny, forte de marmi ran in this race last year and pulled up you can look at that many ways. Last year he ran the same warm up race and came 7th this year 5th. I live 30 min from woodbine and seen him run live many times, i would love to see him win this

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

Race looks tough.I'm going to go 4 deep depending on if they hold close to their MLs starting with 8-Tattenham 12-1 .Who will be my key if they drop in price a little.Might still have some improvement in him making only his 10th start and Mott/Juddmonte have thought he was a good one from the start throwing him in to the G1 Secratariat pretty quick by Mott standards.Also can be close to the pace if not on it and last race is right there with everyone else.Rosario is 4 for 8 in graded stakes riding for Mott and a second.

I agree with the majority that 10-Tricky Hat 8-1 looks like a player and the figure horses are 1-Old Time Hockey 10-1 and 4-Hangover Kid 10-1.

I couldn't knock anyone in here though except Rapscallion who scratched.Even Royal Bench can run all day.

WIN 8

key box 8/1,4,10

or just straight box 1,4,8,10

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by Heppy10 View Post
    Hey this is indeed a hard race, i too like the 10- tricky hat and the 5 temeraine. Funny, forte de marmi ran in this race last year and pulled up you can look at that many ways. Last year he ran the same warm up race and came 7th this year 5th. I live 30 min from woodbine and seen him run live many times, i would love to see him win this
    Yes, I also noticed that he has the same prep for this race. Maybe that's his trainer goal. He exited the same race as the 10-tricky hat. Hopefully, both will run well.

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    Race looks tough.I'm going to go 4 deep depending on if they hold close to their MLs starting with 8-Tattenham 12-1 .Who will be my key if they drop in price a little.Might still have some improvement in him making only his 10th start and Mott/Juddmonte have thought he was a good one from the start throwing him in to the G1 Secratariat pretty quick by Mott standards.Also can be close to the pace if not on it and last race is right there with everyone else.Rosario is 4 for 8 in graded stakes riding for Mott and a second.

I agree with the majority that 10-Tricky Hat 8-1 looks like a player and the figure horses are 1-Old Time Hockey 10-1 and 4-Hangover Kid 10-1.

I couldn't knock anyone in here though except Rapscallion who scratched.Even Royal Bench can run all day.

WIN 8

key box 8/1,4,10

or just straight box 1,4,8,10
    Tks for your inputs mike. The 8 definitely has a shot as well. Love Mott as a turf trainer. He definitely know where to place his horses.

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

18-1 on Pletcher/Castellano

Aggravating

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    18-1 on Pletcher/Castellano

Aggravating
    Definitely aggravating!! Pletcher/Castellano @ 18-1 what a gift.

dise-pa
    dise-pa's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4269

Uncle harry keeps calling me any feed back ?

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by dise-pa View Post
    Uncle harry keeps calling me any feed back ?
    Not sure i understand you?

Heppy10

Race 10 Churchill

Can anyone beat #2 Jack Milton?

mrginandtonic

Race 10 Churchill

Can anyone beat #2 Jack Milton?
    Sorry, don't have the form today, busy at work.

Heppy10

#2 won easy, i had the 2-4 exacta stupid jockey got him boxed in

mrginandtonic

#2 won easy, i had the 2-4 exacta stupid jockey got him boxed in
    Sorry didn't get a chance to look. Hope you some $ on the win wager too.

mrginandtonic

Finally, Kentucky Derby weekend!!! DRF Race of the Day: Kentucky Oaks R11, 1 1/8 on dirt.

The 13-Untapable is the morning heavy favorite 4-5. What can you say about this filly, two back to back 100+ beyer speed figures, has tactical speed and draws away at the end. Impressive resume. So what is not to like about her?? may be the post position, but at 1 1/8 with her style, it proably won't be that much of a compromise. In fact, it may help her from running into traffic problem. So I guess the question is who is gonna run second?! There is a lot of talks about 4-Rosalind and 11-My Miss Sophia. I like them too, but I will put them to 3rd or 4th. For second, I am gonna go with the 8-Aurelia's Belle and 9-Unbridled Forever. They both have tactical speed and should get a good trip just behind the front runners. Turning for home, I expect the 8, 9 and the 13 to be in the mix with the 4 flying at the end. I personally likes the 8-Aurelia's Belle alot because she is by Lemon Drop Kid (Kingmambo) and Aurelia (Danzig) and she is 50-1 ML, I really think she will get better with distance. Also, 9-Unbridled Forever, is by Unbridled's Song (Unbridled) and Lemons Forever (Lemon Drop Kid). I gonna do exacta box 8,9,13 and 4 and trifectas and superfectas keying 8 and 9 with some others. Hopefully, one of the long shots will come in.
    As always, comments and suggestions are always welcome. GL all!!

Draynay

I see a 2 horse race and the only question is can untapable catch My Miss Sophia who won at 1 1/8th in her last race with ease. My Miss runs like she did in her last and she wins !

mrginandtonic

Quote Originally Posted by Draynay View Post
    I see a 2 horse race and the only question is can untapable catch My Miss Sophia who won at 1 1/8th in her last race with ease. My Miss runs like she did in her last and she wins !
    I think you are right in that My Miss Sophia is the one to catch. Yet, I think there is enough speed horses sign up in this race to compromise her chances. I could be wrong, nonetheless, GL to you.

TonyP
    Update your status
    TonyP's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1290

IM gong with the #2 Ria Antonia

Heppy10

I dont even mind the #1 please explain, she's always closing out of curling so she has the distance. She was the fav that last race not sure what happend but now she 50-1 ml with a better jockery on her def can hit the exotics

First ... 2345678 ... Last