AndTheyreOff
    AndTheyreOff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

Can anyone explain horse ratings and number attributes?

Hey guys I have a question on the attributes for horses and exactly what the numbers mean. I'm talking in terms of avg speed, distance, high speed, avg class, last class etc. Also their power rating. I look at these while determining where my money should go and assume that the higher number is better of course but what does the number exactly mean?
    Attached Images  

singgooner
    singgooner's Avatar Become A Pro!

It depends upon which numbers you use

If you use drf - they have a good explanation on how to read the form

I use Brisnet Ultimate PPS and they are fantastic - you should check out this web-site and click on some of the race numbers and take a look at the form given.

http://www.trks2day.com/trks2day.html

Very detailed and easy to read - plus Brisnet do a good explanation to their figures as well.

So, basically it is hard to give advice on unknown figures - when you do not know the publisher - so if I was you - use DRF or Brisnet and there's easy guides as to how to use them

jennywilsonhrs
    jennywilsonhrs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Thank you for the link: http://www.trks2day.com/trks2day.html. it was really helpful and easy to understand. I used to follow DRF for the following PPS and race information but Brisnet seems to be far better!

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

between DRF and Brisnet, Brisnet is the superior product

mikemca
    Update Status
    mikemca's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 98

I think the best advice I can give is that horses are not static.Most people will look at the form and say XXX horse ran an 85 last race and assume he/she is going to run an 85 again this race.It doesn't work like that.Sure sometimes they will run the same but the vast majority of the time they are going to either improve or decline.

That is where the skill comes in and you can gain an advantage over the people you are playing against in the mutual pools.There are way too many processes to go about projecting a horses effort this race but one way is to thoroughly examine how the horse earned the figure he/she received last race(s). Did he coast on an uncontested lead, was the track carrying speed(did all front runners win that day).My favorite is he closed from the back of the pack into a very slow pace on a speed favoring track and vice versa set a fast pace the other horses on the pace collapsed and he still finished well top 3/4 while other speeds finished last all on a closer friendly track.

That is why I have to disagree with the people saying Brisnet is better than DRF.I think DRF formulator blows Brisnet away but imo TimeformUS>DRF>>>>>>>Brisnet,Trackmaster,Equibase.

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

for a "free " product the Brisnet pace data and numbers are not too bad and is far superior to anything DRF puts out
    if I didn't pay for my data and I was going to use a "free" product it would be Brisnet

no1here
    no1here's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6547

most races are won with an improvement in time and one should look for this possibility when handicapping.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemca View Post
    I think the best advice I can give is that horses are not static.Most people will look at the form and say XXX horse ran an 85 last race and assume he/she is going to run an 85 again this race.It doesn't work like that.Sure sometimes they will run the same but the vast majority of the time they are going to either improve or decline.

That is where the skill comes in and you can gain an advantage over the people you are playing against in the mutual pools.There are way too many processes to go about projecting a horses effort this race but one way is to thoroughly examine how the horse earned the figure he/she received last race(s). Did he coast on an uncontested lead, was the track carrying speed(did all front runners win that day).My favorite is he closed from the back of the pack into a very slow pace on a speed favoring track and vice versa set a fast pace the other horses on the pace collapsed and he still finished well top 3/4 while other speeds finished last all on a closer friendly track.

That is why I have to disagree with the people saying Brisnet is better than DRF.I think DRF formulator blows Brisnet away but imo TimeformUS>DRF>>>>>>>Brisnet,Trackmaster ,Equibase.

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

I will tell you my favorite angle is first time gelding The ultimate equipment change...I always use a horse that I see in a race either as part as an exotic or a win bet depending on the tote board

Clocker
    Clocker's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 114

Quote Originally Posted by JakeLc View Post
    between DRF and Brisnet, Brisnet is the superior product
    And a lot cheaper. And I just found that Ultimate PPs are $1.50 a card if you upgrade to Silver Membership, or whatever they call it. The only requirement is a minimum $30/month purchase, which is 20 Ultimate cards.