singgooner
    singgooner's Avatar Become A Pro!

Singgooner's Grade Race Crackers PLUS 1 @ Turf Paradise - 18th Jan

Hi,

I thought might have a look at Saturday’s Graded Races and see what I liked

FAIR GROUNDS

28th Col. E. R. Bradley Handicap Stakes 4yo&Up US$125k 1m110y (turf) Grade 3

Speaking of Which

Really think European Turf horses against American horses have an advantage after being trained on turf for all their lives in Europe. Speaking of Which came good last time in the Tropical Turf Handicap over the same distance and the horse's late kick – which you need to win American turf races – I really think this could be nailed on for the SHOW (1-2-3) bet – but I’m going in large or going home – so WIN bet for me.

70th Lecomte Stakes 3yo only US$200k 1m70y Grade 3

Smarty's Echo

Bit of a longshot – but last 2 races were in Grade 1 company. Drops to Grade 3 for the 2014 comeback – has had a a sharp 4f workout to tune the horse up for this one and the trainer puts the blinkers on today – to get Smarty’s Echo focused and his eyes on the prize. Morning Line 8/1 – there’s worse bets on the day.

SANTA ANITA

Strub Stakes 4yo only US$200k 1m110y Grade 2

Shakin It Up

Won the Grade 1 Malibu last start – drops to Grade 2 and Bob Baffert/Mike Smith combo – enough said ! Goes from 7f to 1m110y – but I feel has the late pace to kick on down the straight and finish hard. Morning Line 7/2 – great bet for me – so I am in on this one.

Really feel all 3 will be on the SHOW (1-2-3) – but I am the usual go large or go home – so for me it’s 3 WIN BETS for the above.

Have a good one – hope all your bets are winning ones.

Hi,

Been through today’s cards and ONLY 1 – knock down – get your gonads on this horse bet !

Turf Paradise Race 8

Airborne Mark

Just looking at the horse’s 5f record screams a bet – 5 runs – 1 win and 3 3rd places.

Last time, the horse ran 5f at Turf Paradise on 27th Oct 2012 – it mullered the field 10 lengths and now it’s back at the trip. When it hit the stretch - they didn’t see where the horse went – it went into another time zone ! So, it won its Maiden Claimer.

Then the trainer got a bump on its head and entered the horse into an Allowance race – guess what – it sank quicker than the Titanic !

Had a break and then came back on 19th Jan 2013 – back in Claiming company and had a good tune up running 2nd all the way – with a 3 wide run around the final turn.

Then after all the cobwebs were dusted off – again – this time over 6f – it was winner, winner, chicken dinner !

In that race, it got bumped straight out of the gate – but that didn’t stop the horse grabbing the lead after 110 yards.

Jockey just let the engine tick over until the horse hit the straight and let the choke out and it flew home by 5 lengths.

Then another break and guess what on its come back run on 2014 New Year’s Day – was just nutted by a neck on the line – so basically it is a winner without a penalty for this race.
    It was a winner by 2 lenghts at the 5f mark in this race.

The stats I keep and use – Airborne Mark is screaming off the page to be backed, as the trainer drops it back to 5f – so it can use its massive turbo up the home stretch.

So, this is basically – CHHHAARRRRGGGGGGGGGGGEEEEEEEE - bet like men – go large or just go home !
    Last edited by singgooner; 01-18-14 at 11:55 AM. Reason: UPDATE

singgooner

Turf Paradise Race 8

Airborne Mark - BBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM MMM !

Winner, winner, chicken dinner !

singgooner

BBBBBBBOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMM MMMMMMMMM !

Shakin It Up wins the Strub - 31/10 the odds - GET IN !

jennywilsonhrs
    jennywilsonhrs's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 80

Congratulation on your win! Shakin It Up trained by Bob Baffert couldn’t have performed better with Mike E. Smith aboard at Santa Anita and Airborne Mark trained by Jeffrey Faulkner and Jockey Kelly Bridges gave a powerful finish at Turf Paradise Jan 18.