exstatman
    exstatman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 324

"How to "Place Bet" on favorites for a living" ??

I seem to recall reading this years ago, and finding it unworkable, but I noticed a re-surge of ads for this system. Anyone read/use it and have success?

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Never heard of it. Did a little research- it is an intersting concept betting favorites to place. There are 7 criteria that must be met, before one places a bet. I am skeptical though about people that sell this type of idea. I wonder if they are making more money on the sale of info, than the actual implementation of it. Keep us updated if you try it.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68569

The bad news is the fact that you can not see the late money come in until it is way too late to bet. Simulcasting has muddied that up. Therefore , any money management based on ratios or strength of favorite, second choice, etc. is impossible to predetermine in many of the races.
    Without knowing the exact steps, that would almost certainly be a problem I assume.

The good news, at least for you, is that I witnessed two different people try and do this. They tried to do it during different years, and at different times of the year, on a daily basis for months at a time before simulcasting existed and both failed miserably in the long run.

For any given day, week or month, maybe. But over time, probably not.

bb_skoots
    bb_skoots's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 389

Is there any "system" that works on horse racing? Maybe big carryover days on the pick 6 or gauranteed pick 4 pools?

john230
    john230's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by bb_skoots View Post
    Is there any "system" that works on horse racing? Maybe big carryover days on the pick 6 or gauranteed pick 4 pools?

Good ?. Maybe pound a long shot in the Derby or Belmont. Think Mine that Bird and Birdstone.

str
    Nothing's easy
    str's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 68569

Quote Originally Posted by bb_skoots View Post
    A pure system? Not to my knowledge.

Not that it is a system but on those days when a track has a tremendous bias within it, playing groups of numbers like only the inside or only the outside, only the closers or only the speed, that can work or not. Problem with that is that if the track is inside and the jockeys on the 2 and 3 decide to go outside for the majority of the race and the 7 and 9 drop down to the fence, it is still a rail bias but the triple comes in 7-1-9 or something like that.
    Unfortunately, there is no easy way to this unless you just get lucky.

JakeLc
    JakeLc's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 50

I can push the ROI on betting low-odds horses to place to about .97/1.00 from a sample size of over 40 thousand races.With a rebate you could grind out a profit.

aggieshawn
    SBR youtube Channels
    aggieshawn's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1646

Live at the track and make one bet a week. You have a chance of making $10.
    Otherwise stay away.

exstatman
    exstatman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 324

It has 7 rules to identify the horses, then finding "hot" and "super hot" favorites and then 5 ADDITIONAL modifications to get to his alleged 96% place (US show) strike rate. The flaw would appear to be his using an average $3.20 show payout on these favorites. With most US races averaging well under 10 starters, the likelihood of a 60% return on a favorite to show seems a dream.

chiefsfan
    chiefsfan's Avatar Become A Pro!

I tried this "system" about a year ago. Logically, it looks great on paper. Keeps you from making dumb bets and betting with emotions. However, the only way to make decent money is to lay down large $$$ bets to make a little. And as we all know, they don't always pan out. One loss wipes out gains for a day/week.

jon101
    jon101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 25

I have been working on this

I use favorites that will win at a 90% strike rate with computerized odds and post my plays on this forum. So if I post a play it will say. However no place bets JUST WINNERS.

carparts1000
    carparts1000's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 2292

horse racing is a thrill , no doubt. but winning at over time is an almost impossible dream.