View Poll Results: Will Tim Thomas win the Conn Smythe?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes no matter what

11 55.00%
  • Yes if Boston wins

5 25.00%
  • No

4 20.00%
    sanchez
    sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!

Will Tim Thomas win the Conn Smythe?

Will Tim Thomas win the Conn Smythe?

Yes no matter what
    Yes if Boston wins
    No

stig99
    stig99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 323

if it goes 7 no matter what.... 6 im not so sure

bobbyk1133
    bobbyk1133's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3877

He'll win even if they lose in 6. 6 goals in 5 games? Name 1 other Canuck who deserves it more than this guy. If his name isn't Trevor Linden, there's no chance.

Marauders
    Marauders's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1857

If he stood on his head again in game 6, win or lose he deserves it.

stig99
    stig99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 323

lol conn symthe is not for the final series but the entire playoff... so 6 goals in 5 games is not the entire story

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

He's the clear frontrunner. I don't even think the 2nd place candidate is even close. Who else would get it? Thornton? Kessler? Roloson was good until the 3rd round. I don't think Kessler/Thornton are as valuable to their team as Thomas. Bruins would be nowhere without thomas. Even if bruins lose, Thomas will still probably get it. He's got the Vezina pretty much locked up at this point also.

DennisGreen
    Update your status
    DennisGreen's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1527

If Canucks win in 6 and Boston isn't shutout Kesler wins. If VAN ends it in 6 with a shutout Lou wins it. If it goes 7 Thomas wins it regardless of outcome IMO.

mike-dub
    mike-dub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 530

if boston wins, then he gets it.

Eleven
    Eleven's Avatar Become A Pro!

Unless he allows 4 goals in game 6, then Thomas gets it no matter what.

pinchylarue
    *** SBR'S WORST POKER PLAYER ***
    pinchylarue's Avatar Become A Pro!

yeah he will win no matter what unless he lets in 5 goals next game

bracerman
    bracerman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3404

Maybe if he gets lit up in game 6 someone on the Canucks get it, but I don't think so.

Canucks have got key contributions throughout the playoffs from just about everyone on the team but no one player is responsible for their success like Thomas has been for Boston. The only real stand out players for the Canucks in the finals have been Burrows and Luongo. Burrows could get 5 goals tomorrow and he won't get it because of the biting issue, and Luongo has been inconsistent. If he stands on his head and gets another shutout, that would be 3 in the finals and 5 overall mayyybe he could get the nod.

DwightShrute
    I don't believe you ... please continue
    DwightShrute's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7917

maybe next year

sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by hockey216 View Post
    He's the clear frontrunner. I don't even think the 2nd place candidate is even close. Who else would get it? Thornton? Kessler? Roloson was good until the 3rd round. I don't think Kessler/Thornton are as valuable to their team as Thomas. Bruins would be nowhere without thomas. Even if bruins lose, Thomas will still probably get it. He's got the Vezina pretty much locked up at this point also.
    thornton as in Joe on the sharks? how would he win the conn smythe? same for roloson, how would a guy that doesn't make it to the finals win the trophy?

and also, by the way, the vezina is voted on after the regular season, the results haven't been released yet. playoffs are not taken into account

DwightShrute

Luongo has 2 shutouts in 5 games
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 06-12-11 at 04:00 PM.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Rightly or wrongly there is no way on earth Luongo gets it this year. Kesler or Thomas would be my thinking. Where would be a good place to find this as a prop wager? Cheers

sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by bigsmitty View Post
    Rightly or wrongly there is no way on earth Luongo gets it this year. Kesler or Thomas would be my thinking. Where would be a good place to find this as a prop wager? Cheers
    yeah i really don't see how luongo is considered the playoff mvp

sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by DwightShrute View Post
    Luongo has 2 shutouts in 5 games
    didn't he also allow 12 goals in 2 games?

boeing power
    boeing power's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 56

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    If Canucks win in 6 and Boston isn't shutout Kesler wins. If VAN ends it in 6 with a shutout Lou wins it. If it goes 7 Thomas wins it regardless of outcome IMO.
    lou
    the same lou that gave up 12 goals in 2 games

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Quote Originally Posted by boeing power View Post
    lou the same lou that gave up 12 goals in 2 games
    Did you not watch Boston's series vs Tampa? I seem to recall Thomas giving up 4-5 goals in 4/7 games in the series. Last time I checked the Conn Smythe was awarded based on all 4 rounds of the playoffs, not just the finals

dazed99
    dazed99's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1850

One of the goalies will win

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

All four rounds for sure DG but I honestly think there were times-almost games that Kesler literally carried the entire Canucks team to a win. He's also had mediocre games but nothing that has been a glaring let-down in my mind. Cheers

boeing power

Quote Originally Posted by DennisGreen View Post
    Did you not watch Boston's series vs Tampa? I seem to recall Thomas giving up 4-5 goals in 4/7 games in the series. Last time I checked the Conn Smythe was awarded based on all 4 rounds of the playoffs, not just the finals
    take off your homer glasses

lou has no chance at conn smythe

thomas deserves it win or lose

DwightShrute

just in the finals, LU has outplayed Thomas in 3 of 5 games

FlashinLeather
    FlashinLeather's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

just in the finals, LU has outplayed Thomas in 3 of 5 games
    very debatable, and how what about, according to you, the two games where thomas played better. One lu let in 8, and the other he got pulled.

DwightShrute

you guys always harping on the 8 goal game. Come on. 2 short handed goals. I don't why the team in front of him just mailed that game in, but they did and a goalie can't do it all. Thomas would have let in 8 as well. Thomas got lit up several times against Tampa. Didn't he let in 3 goals at home in like the first few minutes of the 1st period?

The fact is, Luongo has been outstanding these playoffs and has won 15 games so far. More than any other goalie. Isn't winning what it's all about? Thomas has been outstanding as well and it Boston wins it in 7 games, he would likely be the winner. Not a clear winner IMO just yet.

jollyoscars
    jollyoscars's Avatar Become A Pro!

thomas will get it. hes a straight up killa in net!

FlashinLeather

you guys always harping on the 8 goal game. Come on. 2 short handed goals. I don't why the team in front of him just mailed that game in, but they did and a goalie can't do it all. Thomas would have let in 8 as well. Thomas got lit up several times against Tampa. Didn't he let in 3 goals at home in like the first few minutes of the 1st period?

The fact is, Luongo has been outstanding these playoffs and has won 15 games so far. More than any other goalie. Isn't winning what it's all about? Thomas has been outstanding as well and it Boston wins it in 7 games, he would likely be the winner. Not a clear winner IMO just yet.
    Conn Smythe is for the entire playoffs, I really don't think it is going to be going to a goalie who has been pulled numerous times throughout the playoffs. The canucks could have been in the same position they are in right now with schneider in nets (IMO) but there is no way boston is there without thomas in net.

DwightShrute

pure speculation

Lu has been outstanding in the playoffs. There can be a great case made, if they win tonight, that their most outstanding player has been Luongo. 16 Wins. Spin it anyway you want. Winning is the only thing that matters. What if he shuts them out again tonight? Making it 3 shut out in 6 games in the finals? huh?

Not necessarily saying he should win the Conn Smythe but he deserves consideration
    Last edited by DwightShrute; 06-13-11 at 11:49 AM.

DennisGreen
    Update your status

The last time a player who lost won the Conn Smythe was Giggy back in 02-03.

It doesn't happen often but Thomas definitely does have a shot at it this year. If it goes 7 for sure he wins it, even if the Canucks win it for sure he has a shot.

Kesler was the favorite leading up to the finals but he hasn't done much in the finals so his chances have gone down. The thing about Kesler that not many people notice is his ability to shutdown the other teams top stars. He also single-handedly took out Nashville as he was in on 11/14 Canucks goals in the series which is unreal.

If Lou blanks Boston tonight he will have 5 SO's in the playoffs, including 3 in the cup finals. So don't rule him out despite his 4-5 stinkers throughout the playoffs. The bottom line is he's been huge in must win games. Plus he has the most pressure on his shoulders of anyone in the entire NHL.

Jakesteen
    Jakesteen's Avatar Become A Pro!

If Luongo posts another shutout I'd have to give it to him otherwise Tim Thomas wins.

boeing power

LOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

get that fvcking bum out of the net

hockey216
    hockey216's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 175

It's already over. No question in my mind Thomas is winning Conn Smythe. if you still see thomas at -200, take it! Tim Thomas is clearly the mvp of playoffs. Not even a 2nd runner who's close. Is 5D still offering this at -200? The Conn Smythe trophy is over. Thomas already has it. Who beats him? Roloson, who had a couple terrible games in conf finals? Joe Thornton, who's team lost in 5 games? Kessler, who's done very little? Henrik Sedin, who's been diving/flopping/embellishing all playoffs? About time the refs gave him a penalty for it.

Thomas has the Conn Smythe locked up, regardless of what happens game 7. No question he's mvp of playoffs. But what i care more about than conn smythe.... is whether the BRUINS can be the mvp of playoffs and win the cup in game 7!!!! I don't care about conn smythe. i care about the stanley cup (didnt bet conn smythe but bet bruins +1700).

GO BRUINS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DennisGreen
    Update your status

Thomas has now won it. I think it was won after game 4 though pretty much. Best bi-sexual goalie in NHL history

FlashinLeather

yes.

mike-dub
    mike-dub's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 530

changing my answer to. yes no matter what

12 Last