Bettahs
    Bettahs's Avatar Become A Pro!

Montreal's gotten too many calls from the refs, feel bad for Tampa, as a Canucks fan I can relate to bias and horrible officiating.

Win for us, but sucks for Tampa, but they really had no chance on moving on.

Good thing I didnt feel confident in Philadelphia! Dodged that. And this is the last time I ever take your favourites the Giants:P what is that 3 in a row?

shaggydog88
    shaggydog88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 89

I feel bad. Giants were my first cash cow ever . as in last season. Defiantly bias with them.

Sharks MTL and bruins crushed it for me. Biggest night of 2014 I think.
    Hey I did well with the reds rays royals marlins! Dodgers pending .
    I took a pick out before games started ( angels). then freakjn giants again. 4 in a row for me. 3 for posted. Ugh.

What's your betting style by the way? Usually 1 unit or random on confidence ? Money per team or parlays? I started a certain but weird way mid December and its worked pretty well.
    Last edited by shaggydog88; 04-23-14 at 12:33 AM.

Bettahs

Haha the Giants are dead to me!

I used to have a pretty routine betting style, varying from half to one unit on the ML for hockey, and about quarter to half unit on the 3 way ML for games I thought had a really good chance of winning. Otherwise just the ML on that game. Used to also usually throw in a jumbo parlay with all my NHL or all my AHL picks together, and one or two smaller parlays. Hit a 35X parlay I believe one night. Something close to that, But I dont risk much on those.

As far as playoffs... Whole different game, I just bet based on confidence. But its tough like last night, I knew Dallas and Minnesota had to squeak out at least one. Plus the teams being so evenly matched, I personally find it harder to lay as much down. I guess that also is due to having so much of my bank locked up already in Futures bets, so I dont have all the money I had in the regular season to play with.

Today with baseball however I took a handful of the teams you suggested along with Yankees and threw them in 3 different parlays, all 3 flopped haha, oh well just under 2 units spread across the 3.

But a good day thanks to the big 3, Boston, Montreal, San Jose!

Bettahs

Quote Originally Posted by Bettahs View Post
    Alright

Took
    Boston ML
    San Jose +1.5
    Montreal ML

and some small plays to the side
    including Philadelphia, SJ & Yankees Tanaka!
    Montreal TT Over 2.5
    Night
    4-0-0

NHL Playoffs Total
    17-7-0

Really hope they offer to win the series for AHL, thats what I'd like to bet on. AHL Playoffs start tomorrow. Little scary though, teams eliminated have sent down AHL eligible players... And I have no idea who and where they are. Not to mention teams finished so close together in the standings! Just one extra player could help a team win over another.
    Last edited by Bettahs; 04-23-14 at 03:13 AM.

Bettahs

AHL playoffs start today!

And just now I learned that they have 5 game series... That start 2 games on the road. Shows how much I follow the AHL!

Taking
    Texas ML
    Texas +1.5

ARoot55
    ARoot55's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 97

What do you have for the NHL tonight Bettah? I meant to tail you last night, but got way too drunk way too early at the Flyers game and didn't get anything in. Luckily I was extremely drunk because that was tough to watch.

Bettahs

Haha damn! I hope the Flyers end up winning the series, would love to see Pittsburgh vs Philadelphia again.

As far as today... Not quite sure yet, what are you feeling?

I do think the Pittsburgh Penguins will take it tonight. Chicago is at home again, St.Louis likely still going to miss Backes, others on the team are probably banged up and playing injured...

Would like to think Anaheim wins tonight, undecided right now.

Bettahs

Pittsburgh ML
    Chicago ML (if Backes does not play, game time decision)

Anaheim +1.5 I put along side Texas +1.5 AHL for a decent parlay.

ARoot55

I got Pens ML, Hawks ML, Ducks ML, Ducks/Stars under 5.5. Was seriously considering Ducks alt PL at +275.

Bettahs

Getzlaf is out! I ain't touching the ML on that tonight! News just broke out.

edit: Sweet Penguins over 2.5 TT cashed a minute or two after I placed it hah.
    Last edited by Bettahs; 04-23-14 at 06:40 PM.

Bettahs

AHL playoffs start today!

And just now I learned that they have 5 game series... That start 2 games on the road. Shows how much I follow the AHL!

Taking
    Texas ML
    Texas +1.5
    AHL Night
    2-0-0

AHL Playoffs Record
    2-0-0

Texas is cash!!! Helped me a crap ton yesterday. And this whole season.

Pittsburgh ML
    Chicago ML (if Backes does not play, game time decision)

Anaheim +1.5 I put along side Texas +1.5 AHL for a decent parlay.

NHL Night
    1-2-0

NHL Playoffs Record
    18-9-0

Penguins choke show + Getzlaf announced to miss the game just before puck drop, after I bet it. Grr!

Bettahs

Today

Zetterberg is back, but he has not played in a long long time.

Boston ML for me
    San Jose +1.5 they are the dog again today, however the lines are even, threw it in a random parlay.

Bettahs

Today

Zetterberg is back, but he has not played in a long long time.

Boston ML for me
    San Jose +1.5 they are the dog again today, however the lines are even, threw it in a random parlay.
    NHL Night
    1-1-0

NHL Playoffs Record
    19-10-0

7 AHL Playoff games tonight!

conukicker17
    conukicker17's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 24

cant wait to see your AHL picks!

ARoot55

That pens loss the other night hurt...got the getzlaf news literally minutes after I put my bet in. If he's playing tonight I'm coming back with Anaheim, also going with Blues avoiding the Flyers so I'm not leaving the rink tonight double pissed off like Tuesday. What do you got tonight?

Bettahs

Errr no AHL picks tonight, dont have time to look in depth into the games/matchups. Sery. But I am semi blindly putting my money down on St. Johns, Abbotsford, Toronto, Manchester and Chicago.

As far as NHL I kind of want to lean and take Chicago... But in the West i believe the home teams only lost once all first round (if I heard correctly on tv yesterday)

Flyers do have their #1 back tonight, hope they win. A bit of a Anaheim fan, thats swaying me towards taking them regardless. Getzlaf and Selanne both participated on drills this morning, could both possibly play. (Selanne was just a healthy scratch)

I'll probably make my picks almost near or during the game, dont really have anything tonight.

Bettahs

Damn!!! AHL went 4-1-0 the loss in double overtime. Grrr had a 22X Parlay that could have hit! (All 5 AHL team parlay)

NHL went 2-0-0, Flyers game had already started and was 1-1 and I didnt bother with it.

Good day non the less.

shaggydog88

I'm baaaaaaack. I was up camp and the only verizon tower within reach was down all fkn week.

Hope y'all did good.

Like the pens today . leaning sharks too.

Doing a parlay cause I haven't had time to look at much

Heat -5.. Jefferson is hurt. Miami should win by 15... Can't believe its only -200 ML. Prob gonna put a nice size bet on it
    Spurs
    Pens

Maybe add sharks also.

Bettahs

Did great! Hope you had fun being away from it all!

I'm taking Penguins, taking Sharks. Wanted to take Boston, but game had started and were already up by 1 by the time I got back from the gym.
    Taking Colorado too they'll get it done.

AHL
    Texas Stars ML once again!

Bettahs

Did great! Hope you had fun being away from it all!

I'm taking Penguins, taking Sharks. Wanted to take Boston, but game had started and were already up by 1 by the time I got back from the gym.
    Taking Colorado too they'll get it done.

AHL
    Texas Stars ML once again!

NHL Playoffs Record
    21-11-0

AHL Playoffs Record
    3-0-0

Taking Chicago ML to close the series today.

Gamblor700
    Gamblor700's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 241

NHL Playoffs Record
    21-11-0

AHL Playoffs Record
    3-0-0

I need to get on those AHL picks

Bettahs

Quote Originally Posted by Gamblor700 View Post
    I need to get on those AHL picks
    Went 4-1-0 on one of the nights, few posts up, but didnt include it in my record because I didnt say it was an offical play. But anyways I find AHL easier to predict, but... AHL playoffs are best of 5, lower seed gets the first 2 games at home. That really may throw things off for playoffs.

Honestly, I dont even watch the AHL, its never on TV, or anything. I just started betting it, and have done pretty good throughout the season so I have kept at it. Not to mention the books offer some silly odds that are basically gifts all the time since the AHL isnt huge.

Bettahs

NHL Playoffs Record
    22-11-0

Took the chance and parlayed Chicago with Anaheim, good day again! (took them separately too)

shaggydog88

been so busy lately, havent had time. i did a smmaaaaaallll 10$ on chicago/anaheim.... cant freaking believe that ending!!! i stopped watching it.

im not sure about tomorrow, looking now but dont like much yet in any sport. leaning pens.

Bettahs

Yeah tomorrow, not too much of a fan. Probably lay a little on Pens & Sharks, but we'll see. But no actual plays from me I dont think.

shaggydog88

thats what i was thinking too. kings did look really good last game tho thats why i cant pull the trigger.

i like the giants tomorrow lol....
    probably a small one with pens/giants. maybe even -1 1/2 pens, +215 seems good.

i like all 3 away teams but no way all 3 win.

thats why id lean pens avalanche, pass on sharks and then game 7 kings/sharks.. sharks.
    Last edited by shaggydog88; 04-28-14 at 02:16 AM.

Bettahs

Yeah I had the exact same thoughts, 3 away teams, but ones bound to lose at least...

Giants!!???? Get em out of here haha. Hope they win for your sake, but they are dead to me:P

Maybe all I play is team totals or maybe take some puck lines as well in parlays. Dont know, just not a fan of tomorrow. Heck may not play anything as I'll be out tomorrow during the day.

Good luck to all!

ARoot55

I've got Pens and Wild so far. Not sure I want to touch LA/SJ may take the over though.

shaggydog88

I liked the under in that game. Defiantly if kings win.

Bettahs

Alex Stalock may be starting for the Sharks tonight...

@FriedgeHNIC: Reporters covering SJ's morning skate (@PollakOnSharks and @KKurzCSN) indicating no locker stall for Vlasic and Stalock first off ice.

Not sure how to approach the game, all I know is I'm out.

Edit:
    @theScore: Avalanche forward Matt Duchene is a game-time decision tonight for Game 6 against the Minnesota Wild: http://t.co/fk3qRmEWUa
    Last edited by Bettahs; 04-28-14 at 02:32 PM.

ARoot55

I agree with the under if the Kings win, but I'm leaning Sharks and if they win I see at least a 3-2 score. I'll most likely be avoiding the game altogether.

shaggydog88

went with avalanche and pens.... i give up on the giants. unreal some guy i never heard of hits 5 RBIs against bumgardner. cant play em til after all star break

Bettahs

Nothing again tonight. Can't believe San Jose... Or Colorado! Grr!

And yeah screw your Giants!

ARoot55

Have you watched the Avs/Wild series Bettah? Shouldn't be surprised if you have. Series should be over the Wild have dominated that series, Avs are fortunate to be playing.

Bettahs

I've actually missed a lot of hockey. Have been busy, have been dealing with things as well. But when I finally get to watching hockey its usually been back and forth between games because there are so many games right now. Also given that I dont have my number one team in the playoffs right now (Canucks) I havent followed any one series as closely as I would, just whoever seems to be more exciting at the time!

Also switching to the NBA playoffs from time to time if its the 4th quarter and a close game, or a Raptors game I'll actually watch longer than just the fourth quarter.

But overall has been hard for me to catch a lot of the games. I think Avs will close it out at home. The home teams been dominant in the entire first round in the Western Conference. Heard Duchene played great as well in his first game. Team should be able to close it out and win!

First ... 12131415161718 ... Last