Ser Pucks
    Stick 'em with the pointy end
    Ser Pucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3188

Ser Pucks' NHL

Hey Guys.

I've been following along the forum for a year or so and decided to dive in. This is my second year wagering on hockey. I made a few bucks last year but learned a few very hard lessons as well, so the season wasn't very profitable. All that will turn around this year hopefully with this thread helping me hold myself accountable for the plays I make. I just love hockey and enjoy putting a few bucks on the games as a hobby. I'm not a highroller by far, I started out with a few hundred bucks and I'm playing $10 units for now. I will be sticking with 1 unit plays for the most part unless otherwise stated. I also like to pick my spots and throw up to 5 units on a game from time to time. I'm not starting with a huge roll to begin with and would like to see it blossom the best I can so we'll see what happens. I'm hitting about 55% so far this year with about 10% ROI so we'll see if I can keep it going. I've been a hockey fan as long as I can remember and love discussing the games, so feel free to chime in. All my picks will be posted in bold and are base amounts (pay the juice for favs and gain the +$ for dogs). Cheers boys.

Ser Pucks

October 19

Edmonton has been struggling lately and it doesn't get any easier rolling into Ottawa playing their 4th game in 6 days. I'm not concerned with who Edmonton starts in net, yes Dubnyk had a great game vs. NYI Thurs, but has struggled overall, as has LaBarbera sharing their league worse .853 save %. Ottawa on the other hand are starting to score with 9 goals in the last 2 games. Robin Lehner is starting in goal but I think he's a good goalie, more than capable of getting the job done tomorrow.

Ottawa Senators regulation +102 (1.5u)

Ser Pucks

The sad sack Sabres host Colorado tomorrow. The Avs are looking to rebound from their 1st loss of the year Thursday. Buffalo, also playing their 4th game in 6 days, matches up poorly with their league worst offense averaging 1.1 gpg vs. Colorado's league leading 1.43 GAA and .958 save %. Pretty standard play imo. The goalies haven't been announced, but I'm comfortable with either Varlamov or Giguere between the pipes.

Colorado Avalanche regulation +116

Ser Pucks

That's it for tonight. I want to see starting goalies, etc. tomorrow before making any more decisions on tomorrows beautiful looking card.

Ser Pucks

I really like the Red Wing's chances tonight as they've been playing very well lately going into Phoenix who played a tough SO game last night vs. the Ducks. No goalies confirmed yet, but I'm comfortable with either Howard or Monster for Detroit, I think they continue to roll.

Detroit Red Wings ML -117 (1.5u)

Ser Pucks

A couple under's I'm thinking have good shots today are EDM/OTT & NYR/NJ. As I stated above, I believe Robin Lehner is a quality back up and will do well today at home vs. a struggling Oilers squad. I see Edmonton tightening up the ship today a little bit as well and will be digging deep for a much needed W. The Rangers are very banged up with Nash & Callahan out of the line up, and Jersey, well they're Jersey... 13 goals in they're 1st 7 games.

EDM/OTT U5.5 -107

​NYR/NJ U5 -116

Ser Pucks

Another Under I'm leaning to today is BOS/TB. Ben Bishop has been confirmed for TB and he has been a beast this season... well not only this year, but last year too. He played great for OTT backing up Craig Anderson and it's nice to see him getting the ice time he deserves. I think TB made a really good decision by grabbing this guy. This year he's 5-0-0 with a 1.57 GAA & .943 save%... not too shabby. Also, he's yet to allow more than 2 goals in his 5 games this season. The thing I'm waiting on to confirm this wager is for Boston to confirm Tuukka Rask is starting in goal for the B's. Pretty sure he'll get the nod but just waiting to be sure. Also, the under is 4-0-2 in the first 6 Bruin games. Will post the play if/when I make it.

Ser Pucks

Rask confirmed. Was juicy but I like the play.

BOS/TB U5.5 -137

Ser Pucks

Yesterday/Last night:

Ottawa Senators regulation +102 (1.5u) L
    Colorado Avalanche regulation +116 W
    Detroit Red Wings ML -117 (1.5u) L
    EDM/OTT U5.5 -107 W
    ​NYR/NJ U5 -116 W
    BOS/TB U5.5 -137 W

4-2, +0.91u

A little disappointed my 2 bigger plays didn't turn out, but oh well, in the green for the day is never a bad day.
    Last edited by Ser Pucks; 10-20-13 at 10:16 AM. Reason: spelling

Ser Pucks

October 20

Dallas is playing their 3rd game in 4 nights against their 3rd quality opponent in a row. I just don't see them keeping up with the Ducks today. I'm waiting on starting goalies to be announced, but this is definitely looking like a play on Anaheim regulation.

Also, careful hopping on Vancouver today as they have Eddie Lack starting in goal. Columbus has lost 4 in a row and return home today hungry for a win.

Ser Pucks

Jonas Hiller likely in the nets for Anaheim tonight as Viktor Fasth didn't skate today. Nothing confirmed yet. Jack Campbell likely for Dallas, again nothing confirmed. Even if it is Dan Ellis, I like my chances with the Ducks today.

Here's the low down on Jack Campbell: http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/p...php?pid=120975

Ser Pucks

​Anaheim Ducks regulation -125 (2u)

Ser Pucks

Last night:

1-0, +2.00u

YTD: 5-2, +2.91u

Glad to see Anaheim got it together after their slow start.

ZdenoK
    ZdenoK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5733

Hey, your stats from last night are wrong. 1.8 x 2 units doesn't equal a profit of 2 units.

Ser Pucks

Quote Originally Posted by ZdenoK View Post
    Hey, your stats from last night are wrong. 1.8 x 2 units doesn't equal a profit of 2 units.
    Hey Zdeno,

I should've been specific in my OP. I'm assuming you assumed that I bet 2u to win 1.8u. When I lay juice I bet to win the units stated. So last night I bet 2.5u to win 2u on the Ducks. If I bet a dog, I bet the units stated and if I win, I gain the extra +$. Good?

ZdenoK
    ZdenoK's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5733

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Pucks View Post
    Hey Zdeno,

I should've been specific in my OP. I'm assuming you assumed that I bet 2u to win 1.8u. When I lay juice I bet to win the units stated. So last night I bet 2.5u to win 2u on the Ducks. If I bet a dog, I bet the units stated and if I win, I gain the extra +$. Good?
    Yeah, that makes sense, thanks for clearing it out

Ser Pucks

October 21

A couple really good match-ups tonight with the Sharks at Detroit and Colorado in Pittsburgh. I expect both of these games to be fairly tight which makes me lean under for both games. An interesting trend for the Calgary-LA game is 14 of the last 17 have stayed under the total as well. Grand salami under possibly?? Have to wait for the lines to be posted.

As for sides, I think both the early games could go either way, so the +$ is where it's at. Detroit a home dog currently at +110 and Colorado in Pittsburgh is at +155 which is a tad absurd imo. LA looks like the late choice but would have to be in regulation or PL because they're way too juiced. Karri Ramo in net for Calgary tonight.

I'll check in later with my plays.

Ser Pucks

Avoided the under on the GS today...I'm not concerned about the early games staying under but the late one scares me a bit, it could end up turning into quite a high scoring game so that's a no play. I did however take the 2 early games under. The SJ/DET game is very juiced which I hate laying, but I really like the play.

Quick in net for the Kings tonight at the Staples Center, I like their chances for a win tonight. Kings are 17-2 in their last 19 home games including the post season last year.

Los Angeles Kings regulation -130 (2u)

San Jose/Detroit U5.5 -135

Colorado/Pittsburgh U5.5 -104

I'm thinkin' that's it for today... GL tonight everybody!

Ser Pucks

Last night:

Los Angeles Kings regulation -130 (2u) L
    San Jose/Detroit U5.5 -135 W
    Colorado/Pittsburgh U5.5 -104 W

2-1, -0.60u

YTD: 7-3, +2.31u
    Last edited by Ser Pucks; 10-22-13 at 06:50 AM.

tyloxx420
    tyloxx420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 366

Good job, keep it up... It sucks losing the bigger plays though

Ser Pucks

Quote Originally Posted by tyloxx420 View Post
    Good job, keep it up... It sucks losing the bigger plays though
    Thanks bud. I know it's been the ruin of my profit. I think I'm gonna stick to 1u plays unless something seriously sticks out.

Ser Pucks

October 22

After a quick look I have nothing locked in as of yet, but I'm looking at a few things....

ANA/TOR: Careful auto-betting Anaheim tonight, Leafs have lost 2 in a row and will be looking to rebound. Carlyle had a tough practice yesterday and will have them ready to play tonight. I will likely be staying away from this game.

VAN/NYI: The nucks have been playing a ton of hockey lately, all on the road, which means tons of travel as well. Tonight is their 3rd game in 4, 4th in 6, 5th in 8 days, so take that as you will...NYI on the other hand have done zero travelling last week and haven't played since Saturday night's loss to Carolina. Expect a good effort here from them.

NJ/CLB: Same thing here, Columbus has been playing a ton of hockey too (3 in 4, 4 in 6, 5 in 8), with 3 road games before coming home Sunday afternoon and beating Vancouver. I expect they'll be a tad sluggish here too. NJ on the other hand coming off their 1st win Saturday, Schneider confirmed in net who has been playing solid, might not be a bad play tonight. I also expect this game to be low scoring.

EDM/MTL: Expect Montreal to bounce back after their Saturday night loss with a good effort here tonight, but the Oilers have been playing really decent road hockey keeping things tight with good teams, and they're coming off a big W in Ottawa.

NAS/MIN: Nashville has been playing great hockey lately winning 4 of 5. Tonight is their 3rd game in 4 nights rolling into Minnesota who has been very good at home this year going 2-0-2. I lean Minny and Under here.

WAS/WPG: The Caps have dominated this series of late winning the last 4 games outscoring the Jets 18-4 in the process. I know Winnipeg is a tough home team, but tonight looks like a decent spot for Washington who is only playing their 3rd game in 7, this is WPG's 3rd in 5.

CGY/PHX: Yeah, Calgary fukked me last night but I don't see them winning 2 tough road games on back to back nights. Phoenix has played really good hockey this last week. They started strong at home with a 2-0-1 record, I expect them to roll tonight facing a Calgary team playing it's 3rd in 4 nights.

I have to go through things in more detail before anything is official. One thing I have problems with on these nights with so many games is I get a little bet happy and bet waaaaay too many games. I've gotta get better at narrowing my options down to my 3-4 best and go with those. Picks to come later.

Ser Pucks

Some food for thought:

-- Five of last six Toronto games stayed under the total.

-- Under is 5-1-1 in last seven Vancouver games.
    -- Four of last five New Jersey games stayed under the total.
    -- Six of last seven Montreal games stayed under the total.
    -- Last seven Chicago games stayed under the total.
    -- Under is 4-1-1 in last six Nashville games.
    -- Six of last seven Winnipeg games stayed under the total.
    -- Four of last five Calgary games stayed under the total; five of last seven Phoenix games went over the total.

rainman416
    rainman416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 994

First you say "Food" then you drop 8 reasons to consider a play on the Salami.. MMMmmmmhhmmmmm
    Nice write-ups to start... working on my plays as we speak

Ser Pucks

Quote Originally Posted by rainman416 View Post
    First you say "Food" then you drop 8 reasons to consider a play on the Salami.. MMMmmmmhhmmmmm
    Nice write-ups to start... working on my plays as we speak

Yeah that's true eh? I guess I was hinting at something.....

Will be waiting patiently for your plays!

tyloxx420
    tyloxx420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 366

I took the Salami under 44.5 ... gl tonight on your plays.

Ser Pucks

Quote Originally Posted by tyloxx420 View Post
    I took the Salami under 44.5 ... gl tonight on your plays.
    Nice...Pinnacle is at 43.5 now.... still debating...

Ser Pucks

New Jersey Devils ML +126

Ser Pucks

New York Islanders ML +110

Ser Pucks

​Washington Capitals ML -101

Ser Pucks

Chicago Blackhawks regulation -113

GL tonight boys! Let's get it!

rainman416
    rainman416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 994

Good lookin Plays, only clashing on our VAN/NYI play... I took VAN but I think the better value is probably on NYI lol. I just think that after losing to CBJ on Sunday, everyone is gonna be pissed at the Nucks and fade them... I want to see if I can be on the book side of that... could be very wrong, but it's just a 1 unit play..

Play of the day for me is CHI(In Reg.) @-120... put 3 units on that.. + a small 1 unit parlay with NJ(ML) + CHI (ML)

See how she goes.. Pumped for this LEafs game though, gonna be a doozie.

BOL tonight Ser

kevin101
    kevin101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Finally found people putting money Chicago in regulation. Feeling pretty good about this game. Last 5 games these 2 teams faced eachother Chicago took 4/5 games. Ed Jovo(Flor's D man) is doubtful which is pretty big for us Chicago takers. I'm going with Rainman on the canucks. There is no way canucks loose 3 games in a row. With torts behind the bench he will penetrating LOOOOOOOOOOOSE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Canucks know this too so....

kevin101
    kevin101's Avatar Become A Pro!

Scare on the NJ, though I still love the odds but check this out. Injury report: Patrik Elias (illness) and Ryane Clowe (head) are out and Damien Brunner (upper body) is questionable for the Devils. … Columbus will be without forward Matt Calvert (abdomen).

Ser Pucks

Thanks for the feedback fellas. I hear ya though..I'm definitely taking a chance with the NJ & NYI plays but with the odds so decent I thought I'd take a shot. Glad to see you 2 on the chi reg as well..thought I was the only one for a sec! Currently at my first class of night school for the next 10 weeks...which SUCKS cuz I'm missing the LEAFS tonight and likely the next 10 Tues Leaf games. I'd love to stay and discuss but I gotta do what I gotta do. BOL tonight everyone!

1234 ... Last