Ser Pucks
    Stick 'em with the pointy end
    Ser Pucks's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3188

Last night:

2-2, -1.19u

YTD: 15-13, +0.51u

Was looking good around 8 or 8:30 but my how things change.

Ser Pucks

October 27

Looking at Colorado and the 1st period again today. Last game they improved to 7-1-2 in 1st periods beating up on another inferior opponent. Tonight they get a tired Winnipeg team after they played a tough OT game in Dallas. Winnipeg has 1 goal in their last 8 1st periods as well. I hope they'll be off to another slow start tonight and Colorado will jump all over them.

Colorado Avalanche 1P-0.5 +138

tombuckers
    Buck Man
    tombuckers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 408

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Pucks View Post
    October 27

Looking at Colorado and the 1st period again today. Last game they improved to 7-1-2 in 1st periods beating up on another inferior opponent. Tonight they get a tired Winnipeg team after they played a tough OT game in Dallas. Winnipeg has 1 goal in their last 8 1st periods as well. I hope they'll be off to another slow start tonight and Colorado will jump all over them.

Colorado Avalanche 1P-0.5 +138
    I like this play, gonna add this one. (So sorry when we lose)

Ser Pucks

Quote Originally Posted by tombuckers View Post
    I like this play, gonna add this one. (So sorry when we lose)
    Now don't be thinking like that!

Adding a small parlay that doesn't really need explaining:

Colorado ML + Los Angeles ML -101

Ser Pucks

Anaheim Ducks ML +117

Columbus is playing the last game of their 4 game home stand where they're 3-0 to start. After tonight they have 5 days off before hitting the road for a pair Fri/Sat games out of town. Anaheim was a little shaky at the beginning of their road trip but showed a solid effort 2 days ago in Ottawa stealing the W. I think they have a good shot to win tonight and I like the +$. Frederik Anderson is in net for the Ducks, but has been solid this year (2-0-0, 0.60GAA, .980 save%).

Ser Pucks

Last night:

2-1, +1.17u

YTD:
    17-14, +1.68u

Colorado gave me a chance for the 1st period win but unfortunately Winnipeg scored one as well. Colorado's 1st period record now 7-2-2.

Ser Pucks

October 28

After opening the season 7-1, the Penguins have dropped 3 straight, a tough 1-0 loss at home to the Avs, then a 4-3 defeat to the Islanders with their backup in net, then a loss in Toronto Saturday night. I look for Pittsburgh to right the ship tonight. Nothing confirmed for goalies but Carolina is still without Cam Ward and Anton Kubodin, so it will be Justin Peters at best tonight for Carolina, and I can't see Pittsburgh not playing Fleury tonight needing this game so bad. I'm sure the line has moved by now, but I got it last night and was too tired to post.

​Pittsburgh Penguins ML -146 (2u)

rainman416
    rainman416's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 994

Nice Line grab, I missed that -146. All the way up to -180 now!! Shitty deal, love PIT tonight too, would be very surprised if they lost another one here... Kind of like DET though, and they lost their last game too, despite dropping a few in a row.. Doubt this will be a let down here though.. Hope it's high scoring, my fantasy guys are all over this game E.Staal, Kunitz and Letang

Ser Pucks

Quote Originally Posted by rainman416 View Post
    Nice Line grab, I missed that -146. All the way up to -180 now!! Shitty deal, love PIT tonight too, would be very surprised if they lost another one here... Kind of like DET though, and they lost their last game too, despite dropping a few in a row.. Doubt this will be a let down here though.. Hope it's high scoring, my fantasy guys are all over this game E.Staal, Kunitz and Letang
    Yeah, I don't usually make plays the night before, with my biggest concern being starting goaltenders as they can single handedly steal a game for you, but here even though nothing is confirmed, there's a good shot it will be Peters vs. Fleury. I knew people would be all over Pittsburgh today so I locked er in early. I've been struggling a little bit lately with my regulation bets going to OT or SO and winning so I'm glad I got the ML for extra insurance. You're right, it's the same situation as Detroit where they're "due" for a W, but I think Pittsburgh has it a little more together than the Red Wings do at the moment. I think Pittsburgh comes ready to play tonight.

Ser Pucks

Been looking at Chicago/Minnesota a lot this morning, kinda leaning towards the defending champs in their revenge game, as Minnesota beat them 5-3 in Chicago 2 nights ago. Seems like Minny gets hot and cold, lose 3, win 3, lose 3, win 3. They've won 4 in a row at home and are shooting for #5 tonight.

Also been looking at Washington @ Vancouver. The Canucks return home tonight after 7 in a row on the road. They played pretty decent road hockey going 5-2 on the trip with their losses coming on back to back nights @ Pittsburgh & Columbus. I can see this being a little bit of a let down spot for them, and I love that the public is down on Washington after their 5-2 loss to the "lousy" Flames Saturday night. I think Washington is where the value is tonight.

That's all for now, will be back later to make sh*t official.

Ser Pucks

As always, if anybody wants to add anything and chime in for discussion, feel free.

Ser Pucks

Probably not going with a side in this contest, but I like the Under here. I believe this will be a nitty type game with both teams not wanting to give an inch to the other. I hope to see a strong effort from Henrik in the Ranger net and I believe Peter Budaj is a strong backup for Montreal. Let's hope for a boring, defensive game!

Montreal/NY Rangers U5 +103

rainman416

Been looking at Chicago/Minnesota a lot this morning, kinda leaning towards the defending champs in their revenge game, as Minnesota beat them 5-3 in Chicago 2 nights ago. Seems like Minny gets hot and cold, lose 3, win 3, lose 3, win 3. They've won 4 in a row at home and are shooting for #5 tonight.

Also been looking at Washington @ Vancouver. The Canucks return home tonight after 7 in a row on the road. They played pretty decent road hockey going 5-2 on the trip with their losses coming on back to back nights @ Pittsburgh & Columbus. I can see this being a little bit of a let down spot for them, and I love that the public is down on Washington after their 5-2 loss to the "lousy" Flames Saturday night. I think Washington is where the value is tonight.

That's all for now, will be back later to make sh*t official.
    Interesting angle on the WAS/VAN game.. Gotta say I agree with you there.. But decided not to pull the trigger on that game at all.. off to work for the night, will be interested to see how this one pan's out.

GL tonight!

tyloxx420
    tyloxx420's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 366

With you on Pitt... GL to your other bets.

Ser Pucks

Quote Originally Posted by rainman416 View Post
    Interesting angle on the WAS/VAN game.. Gotta say I agree with you there.. But decided not to pull the trigger on that game at all.. off to work for the night, will be interested to see how this one pan's out.

GL tonight!
    Geez no day off after going 12-0, +25u in football yesterday??? LOL, gotta do what we gotta do I suppose. If I do pull the trigger on Washington, it will most likely be for half a unit.

Ser Pucks

Quote Originally Posted by tyloxx420 View Post
    With you on Pitt... GL to your other bets.
    Let's get it!

Ser Pucks

I also like the Dallas/Buffalo Under tonight. I'm hesitant to pick a side in this game, so I got to looking at the totals. Kari Lehtonen back for Dallas, looked good in his first game back allowing only the 1 goal. Ryan Miller starting for Buffalo. Lindy Ruff's return to Buffalo tonight to boot. Dallas really needs this win and are looking to turn around their 1-4 road record. Buffalo has yet to win a game at home (0-6-1). I think it's going to be another low scoring, grind type of game. Didn't wanna pay the juice @ U5.5 (-141), so I took a shot with the 5.

​Dallas/Buffalo U5 +120

Ser Pucks

As I previously said, I'm leaning to the Hawks tonight, I like this revenge situation, and I think they'll come out hard for this game as they dont' want to lose 2 in a row to the Wild. If the juice was higher I probably wouldn't have played it, but you don't get Chicago ML at this decent price everyday. I hate taking them in regulation as they only have 4 reg wins to 2 OT wins. 5 of their 11 games have gone to OT this year as well.

​Chicago Blackhawks ML -121

tyloxx420

M. Fleury always finds a way to screw me though... so I will be surprised if he actually prevents 3 from going in the net tonight.

Ser Pucks

Tonight:

3-1, +3.03u

YTD: 20-15, +4.71u

Well, I whiffed on another Under, very similar to the Detroit/Colorado Under I played a week or so ago. That was a statement game for Detroit, and this opened up like a statement game for Dallas playing for Lindy Ruff. Oh well, onto tomorrow.

Ser Pucks

October 29

Winnipeg rolls into St. Louis tomorrow playing their 7th game in 12 nights, that's a busy hockey team, with this contest being their last of 4 straight on the road, and their last game until Sunday. St. Louis, on the other hand, is playing their 3rd game in 11 nights and will have 3 days rest before tomorrow night with their last game being Saturday nights convincing 6-1 win in Nashville. These 2 teams clashed on October 18th where Winnipeg won 4-3 in a 7 round SO. St. Louis played a tough SO game of their own the previous night in Chicago, handing the Blackhawks a 3-2 loss. If you're thinking of playing St. Louis I suggest jumping on them tonight because I'm sure the line will be moving tomorrow just like Pittsburgh's did today.

Forgot to add that Halak is already confirmed in net for the Blues, and I'm assuming it will be Pavelec for Winnipeg since Montoya just recently had a game.

St. Louis Blues regulation -130 (2u)
    Last edited by Ser Pucks; 10-28-13 at 10:09 PM. Reason: 2nd paragraph

rainman416

Good turn out tonight Pucks, all about those +nights! 1 after another, after another. This is 1. All you need for tonight You hit your quota! Already Eyeing tomorrow night too, sharp play. I'm no good at looking ahead like that.. always catch the dirty chalky lines, but with the added time to think and starting goalie info, I guess its a wash..

Have a good one bro, Cheers.

Ser Pucks

Thanks bro. That's exactly what it's all about, + nights. I'm not usually good at looking ahead but was just killing time waiting for this damn football game to end. But ya, I looked at leftwinglock and saw Halak was confirmed and then one thing led to another...

But ya, I see another solid 2+unit night for you too bud...fukkin par for the course it seems! Keep up the good work!

Ser Pucks

Made a few more plays this morning after looking things over. Hiller in net for Anaheim vs. Mason for Philly. Yes Anaheim is on a huge road trip playing their 4th road game in 6 nights and yes Philly is rested as they can get, but I still like the Ducks tonight, and at +$?? Yes please. Bishop confirmed in net for Tampa who are visiting NJ. Jersey coming off their big 4-3 win in Boston Saturday night. Tampa has been playing decent hockey lately so I'm taking a shot with them at +$ too vs an inferior opponent. I think the Leafs take care of business in Edmonton tonight to start their 3 game Western Canadian swing. The goaltending battle between Bernier and Reimer are keeping both goalies at the top of their games. I'm a huge Leaf fan, but have never been a Reimer fan but I must say, has looked pretty decent the last few games. I'd be surprised if he didn't start tonight. Carlyle was more than fair giving Bernier his fair share of games, so I think he'll do the same with Reimer. Here is what I have so far:

St. Louis Blues regulation -130 (2u) (posted last night)

Anaheim Ducks ML -110
    Anaheim Ducks regulation +152

Toronto Maple Leafs ML -114

Tampa Bay Lightning ML +102

Ser Pucks

Still looking at a few more things but waiting for starting goalies.......

tyloxx420

nice hit with pitt last night, guess Fleury felt like he owed me one after all the money he has lost me in the past.

Ser Pucks

nice hit with pitt last night, guess Fleury felt like he owed me one after all the money he has lost me in the past.
    Thanks! GL tonight.

Ser Pucks

Added:

Chicago Blackhawks regulation +105

BOL tonight everyone!

tyloxx420

Ducks off to a bad start.

Ser Pucks

But, thankfully, it's about how you finish

Ser Pucks

Okay boys, I'm gonna wrap up the day a little early, I need to get some sleep...so assuming the Leafs hold on....

Tonight:

5-1, +5.57u

YTD: 25-16, +10.28u

Well boys, I gotta say it was looking slim at some points of the evening, Anaheim started sh*tty, St. Louis never had a grip, Chicago stressing me out. But sometimes it's nice when luck's on your side, St.L with that huge goal with a minute left, Chicago roaring back, Anaheim staying with it. Make's up for the nights when you bet your lock of the month and it loses for whatever reason, the universe has a way of evening itself out. Hope you all did well tonight.

tyloxx420

Great job last night, I tailed you on all the plays.. TB got us but like you said the rest pulled through.

Ser Pucks

Great job last night, I tailed you on all the plays.. TB got us but like you said the rest pulled through.

October 30

Not much time for write ups today boys, I'm leaning Boston and Detroit at +$. I'm torn in the SJ/LA matchup. Be back with the picks....

Ser Pucks

Tough card today... but I managed to come away with a few leans that I like.
    I like the Leafs again tonight even though they're playing the second half of a back to back. They are hot right now, they had 3 days to prepare for these 2 games and I don't think they will be taking Calgary lightly. Toronto has the edge in goalies with Bernier getting the nod vs. Ramo for the Flames.
    I was having a tough time deciding the Pittsburgh/Boston game, but I like the Bruins for +$. The Pens have been busy lately, not playing very solid hockey, escaping with the W 2 nights ago in Carolina. Boston, on the other hand, have had 4 days to prepare for these 2 tonight and tomorrow vs. Anaheim. I know Pittsburgh is still stinging from last years playoffs, but I just don't think it happens for them tonight.

I'll be watching the lines for a bit, but I'm seriously considering playing the Red Wings tonight, as they too have had 4 days to prepare for this crucial game. They will be playing desperate hockey after losing 4 in a row....

Toronto Maple Leafs ML -107

Boston Bruins ML +113

GL fellers.

tyloxx420

Gl, I'm playing baseball and nba tonight.

First 123456 ... Last