lakerboy
    lakerboy's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7696

unreal kings favored in game 2 again.

Is nj going down 2-0 at home. Will kings ever lose a road game in these playoffs? As the game wore on nj played much better but didn't create enough offense. They need to get a lead on this kings team to put some pressure on them. I am shocked at the game 2 line especially how low the -1.5 is for lak.

cadillac pete
    cadillac pete's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6636

Kings are playing with such confidence right now. I can easily see them heading back home 2-0. Plus, I trust Quick more then Marty.

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

Christ NJ's defense was brutal all game. That last play was absolutely sickening. LAK is probably the way to go here on out. Cheers

lukahh
    lukahh's Avatar Become A Pro!

Kopitar goal was fantastic.
    LAK look solid solid to go all the way. shocking after last mediocre season.

remeedella
    remeedella's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

I love NJD... But.. It's bed time Anze Kopitar, no partying go to bed... Okay your benched... Okay you can play again but you gotta score the game winning goal 1st vs NJD once we get there...

lakerboy

Devils ml -104 (6x) gm 2.

yisman
    yisman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 246162

LA was going to be favored in all the games regardless.

Let's Go Rangers
    A moderate voice in the polarized forum
    Let's Go Rangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

LA is the much more talented team.

NJ struggled against the worst team in the playoffs ( florida )

Then was very impressive vs the Flyers

Then struggled and got every call and bounce against the Rangers, who wete worn out from two 7 game series

yisman

NJ beat two of the best five teams in hockey to get to the Cup.

Also, Florida was not the worst team in the playoffs, at least based on the regular season.

Let's Go Rangers
    A moderate voice in the polarized forum
    Let's Go Rangers's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 19

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post

Also, Florida was not the worst team in the playoffs, at least based
    on the regular season.
    I am basing it on how they were playing at the end of the season.

If the season was 1 week longer, the Caps win the division and Buffalo grabs a playoff spot.

Also NYR limped into the playoffs.

I think it was 11-9 last 20, against some avrg to above avrg teans

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by yisman View Post

Also, Florida was not the worst team in the playoffs, at least based on the regular season.
    Be careful with that logic because based on that the KINGS (and Sens) would have been worst teams in playoffs. Based on pure talent, I agree that Florida was the worst.

yisman

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Be careful with that logic because based on that the KINGS (and Sens) would have been worst teams in playoffs.
    All I can do is look at the regular season, although obviously LA and Washington severely underperformed. Both were talented teams that should have won their divisions.

Philly and the Rangers did very well.

a4u2fear
    TEASE IT
    a4u2fear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 35459

NJ didn't look good, they never actually "beat" Quick, LA was and is the better team right now.

aznbluff
    Update your status
    aznbluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

People really underrate defense and fall in love with the "offensive superstars" that the media hypes up. LA has had, by far, a tougher road to the Finals than New Jersey.

Either of St. Louis or Vancouver are stronger than any team in the East this season. I also think that if Petro doesn't get hurt in game 1, St. Louis wins that series. They were even 1-1 until he went down and they never recovered, though he returned in game 3/4 to play with a grade 2 MCL sprain. LA got lucky on that account. Daniel Sedin would also have made an impact (though not nearly to the degree of Pietrangelo), but I still think LA wins that series.

I'm glad Kopitar is starting to get his recognition. This guy is a top 3 forward in the game and has been for two seasons now, Crosby is probably the only one I would say is better right now. Quick is getting real overrated, real fast, however.

oiler
    oiler's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2500

what do u expect from a team that is so dominate on the road.its a freak of nature

bigsmitty
    bigsmitty's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 370

I usually hate chase systems but I wonder if chasing NJ is a strategy. Once they get a win you shut it down, figuring the odds of a sweep should be fairly low? Take some guts though if LAK takes game two and head back to their own barn...Cheers

lakerboy

Devils -114 now and favored.

Stallion
    Update your status
    Stallion's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 16702

Kings +105

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by aznbluff View Post
    People really underrate defense and fall in love with the "offensive superstars" that the media hypes up. LA has had, by far, a tougher road to the Finals than New Jersey.

Either of St. Louis or Vancouver are stronger than any team in the East this season. I also think that if Petro doesn't get hurt in game 1, St. Louis wins that series. They were even 1-1 until he went down and they never recovered, though he returned in game 3/4 to play with a grade 2 MCL sprain. LA got lucky on that account. Daniel Sedin would also have made an impact (though not nearly to the degree of Pietrangelo), but I still think LA wins that series.

I'm glad Kopitar is starting to get his recognition. This guy is a top 3 forward in the game and has been for two seasons now, Crosby is probably the only one I would say is better right now. Quick is getting real overrated, real fast, however.

St Louis is not even a top 10 in the NHL, maybe not even top 15.

West is trash. Kings are playing a 4th place team in their division and won a coin flip again.
    A team that would finish in last place in the Atlantic is going to win the Cup. What a joke.
    Nice having everyone else lose so you can play left over scrubs.

If I could I would bet $100000000000000000000000000000000 that Kings won't win Cup next year.

Florida was -4000 to NOT win, so odds would be decent for Kings. Not like anyone would take that bet.....

remeedella
    remeedella's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 75

Quote Originally Posted by k13 View Post

West is trash. Kings are playing a 4th place team in their division and won a coin flip again.
    A team that would finish in last place in the Atlantic is going to win the Cup. What a joke.

If I could I would bet $100000000000000000000000000000000 that Kings won't win Cup next year.

Florida was -4000 to NOT win, so odds would be decent for Kings. Not like anyone would take that bet.....
    find us a loan shark that has that large a sum of non-monopoly money and we'll go live in the Bohamas together end of next year

Bajadave
    Bajadave's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 30

You must be a King hater....................I love it! Second game, Kings play more physical and control the boards. Kings bigger and faster!!
    The only thing I worry about is cup experience.

Types
    Jugs this BIG
    Types's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 264

Quote Originally Posted by Bajadave View Post
    You must be a King hater....................I love it! Second game, Kings play more physical and control the boards. Kings bigger and faster!!
    The only thing I worry about is cup experience.
    What are you taking about? Scuds,Willams,Fraiser,Richards,Carter,Pe nner,Stoll,Greene have won a cup or have finals exp.

ltb
    ltb's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 417

still think NJ is going to reveal it's potential, the team that passed flyers and rangers won't give it up...

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

I expect a different type game than Game 1...OVER 4.5

OTL
    OTL's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5277

Game 2 will have more offense, and the Kings will have the edge again.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

Quote Originally Posted by lakerboy View Post
    Devils -114 now and favored.
    Its a public play, nothing telling about the line.

swordsandtequila
    Soul Eating Machine
    swordsandtequila's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 6470

You see the flaw in that logic, right? If the better teams lost to "scrubs", maybe they weren't "the better teams". Playoffs are about goaltending, defense, and goaltending again. Always has been, always will be. The Kings have earned their spot in the finals. And no, I'm not a fan of the Western conference, I'm a Lightning fan in Tampa.

Allure
    Allure's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15121

1-0 Kings

k13
    k13's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1836

Quote Originally Posted by swordsandtequila View Post
    You see the flaw in that logic, right? If the better teams lost to "scrubs", maybe they weren't "the better teams". Playoffs are about goaltending, defense, and goaltending again. Always has been, always will be. The Kings have earned their spot in the finals. And no, I'm not a fan of the Western conference, I'm a Lightning fan in Tampa.
    Better teams lose all the time in hockey. There will be two new teams in the final next year, simple as that.

If playoffs are about goaltending, defense and goaltending, how did Pittsburgh, Chicago, Detroit win Cups? How did Philly even make the Cup? Kings don't have to face anyone who can even score, basically first goal wins. lol

Winnipeg Jets
    Winnipeg Jets's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1459

happy im not watching this snoozefest

aznbluff
    Update your status
    aznbluff's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 722

Better teams lose all the time in hockey. There will be two new teams in the final next year, simple as that.

If playoffs are about goaltending, defense and goaltending, how did Pittsburgh, Chicago, Detroit win Cups? How did Philly even make the Cup? Kings don't have to face anyone who can even score, basically first goal wins. lol
    You realize that Detroit, Chicago, and Pittsburgh were defensive juggernauts when they won cups right?
    Pittsburgh lost Scuderi who now features as Doughty's partner on defense for the Kings. They lost Goligoski, who is now the Stars #1 defenseman. They lost Hal Gill, who is a monster presence on the PK and decent shutdown player at ES. They still had Orpik and Letang, who are now probably Pittsburgh's best two D.

Chicago had Duncan Keith in his Norris year paired with Seabrook. They had Brian Campbell playing a 2nd pairing role that he excelled in. He's now Florida's #1 Dman and a big reason why they improved so much this year. They traded for Kim Johnsson late in the year at the end of his career, who had been Minnesota's #1 for a number of years prior to that. Even Brent Sopel (RIP) played a big role on their PK before passing away.

Detroit? Prime Nick Lidstrom. He was paired with perennial all star and multiple cup winner Brian Rafalski. Then they still had their current 2nd pairing of Stuart-Kronwall. They had hall of famer Chris Chelios at the end of his career on the third pairing.

You realize that all these teams had much stronger Dcores than they have now. They were literally among the best in the league (if not the best) defensively the years they won their cups.

Edit:
    The Bruins were obviously also built on defense and goaltending. And now you have the Kings who feature an emerging superstar on D in Doughty paired with Scuderi. Then they have arguably the best purely defensive player in the league on their second pair in Willie Mitchell. Perfect safeguard to pair with a promising offensive talent in Slava Voynov. Then a solid, reliable third pair who you can play against weaker competition and who can handle some secondary special teams minutes, especially Greene's PK ability.
    Last edited by aznbluff; 06-05-12 at 01:49 PM.
    Points Awarded:

swordsandtequila gave aznbluff 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.