• Ovechkin

9 69.23%
  • Malkin

1 7.69%
    Sunday Rider
    Sunday Rider's Avatar Become A Pro!

Crosby vs Ovechkin vs Malkin

Simple question..

If you had 1 pick to lead your NHL hockey team, who would you chose and why??

I'd take Ovechkin in an instant even tho Malkin is leading the league in points. He does it all: HIT, SKATE, PASS.. the best pound for pound hockey player on the ice right now.

Take ur pick!

cobra_king
    cobra_king's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 36681

Right now i'd take Ovechkin hands down. In 5 years it might be a different story as i'm not sure how his body will hold up with the way he plays. Hopefully it will because he's a treat to watch every time he's on the ice.

Sunday Rider

Ovechkin's goal vs Montreal was all about him being the runaway train that he is.. he saw an opportunity n used all his guts and determination to get it done even with someone on his back.. Reminds me of Rocket Richard.
    Crosby is full of skill but more of a finess player who's got amazing vision on the ice. Some of his passes make u think does he have an extra pair of eyes behind his head.. a la Gretzky.

In terms of leadership, you gotta love Ovetchin's lead by example hard work ethic.. Crosby's an ambassador to the league and talks like one too.. a lil too whiny for sum.

I also like Malkin, plenty of skill between his ears.. tho his face always make me think he'd got down syndrome :P

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog
    VegasDave's Avatar Become A Pro!

Before I vote, I want to clarify;

Do I get one of these players for my team right now (this season), or am I building a team around one of these guys so who do I want long term/for their career?

Sunday Rider

Ur building a team around your superstar.. U get one pick between these three players.
    U're basically gonna keep this player in your team FOREVER and you wouldnt trade him for the world!!!

Axis
    3minutedrill.com
    Axis's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 918

Crosby is a whiny sack of shit...I would not want him as my captain...I don't care if he's good.

Ovechkin LOVES PLAYING. It's clear...every time he touches the ice...he's there to win...and he gets excited about a goal, whether he scores or not...that's the man you want leading your team.

Sunday Rider

Ovechkin said he's gonna try and beat Gretzky's 92 goals in one season next year.. In this day and age with goalie's equipments covering most of the net... that would be AMAZING if he does.

element1286
    element1286's Avatar Become A Pro!

Malkin, running away with the scoring race, should win MVP if the Pens make the playoffs.

Sunday Rider

Yeah.. I picked Malkin in my fantasy hockey team with 3rd pick overall.. got quite a STEAL

Axis
    3minutedrill.com

It's not even about the points for me...you want someone who shows they want to win...and they are excited about winning. Clearly, Malkin/Crosby want to win...but I love how Ovi puts it out there...

If I were to start a team around someone...I'd think about Datsyuk too... dude just creeps along the top in points...has the sickest hands...ever...yea...ever...and is always a finalst for the best defensive forward...leads the league in take-aways...that's a guy you want.

cobra_king

Quote Originally Posted by Sunday Rider View Post
    Ovechkin said he's gonna try and beat Gretzky's 92 goals in one season next year.. In this day and age with goalie's equipments covering most of the net... that would be AMAZING if he does.
    Ovechkin is the man but he's living in a fantasy world if he thinks he'll get close to this record next season.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

Quote Originally Posted by cobra_king View Post
    Ovechkin is the man but he's living in a fantasy world if he thinks he'll get close to this record next season.
    That one is untouchable, but the alltime goals record is not, assuming he can stay healthy and keep up this level of play into his 30s.

VegasDave
    Philosophy Frog

What is sad to me is that I don't think some of you realize how good Sidney Crosby is.

Ovechkin is more intense, he's much cooler, he's an absolute beast and an amazing player.

That said, Crosby makes the players around him better, and his vision on the ice is second to none.

He averages 1.366 points per game, compared to Malkin's 1.263 and Ovechkin's 1.277.

Points aren't everything, and you can't go wrong with this elite group no matter how you cut it. I just think Crosby is the right pick.

cobra_king

I know how good Crosby is. And to be honest, i like him, even if alot of people don't like him because of his perceived whining. The guy is an exceptional talent, and to be honest i'd like him to be the best player in the game because of his skill set. But right now, at this time, when you watch Ovechkin on a nightly basis, the guy is a threat to score EVERY time he touches the puck. Plus he brings so much more then just that to the table. He's won me over for right now. I just wonder how long he will hold up with the way he throws his body around.

hockeytown11
    hockeytown11's Avatar Become A Pro!

why is Crosby even in the same poll with the other two? Datsyuk and Zetterberg are both CLEARLY better leaders and players than Crosby.

Sunday Rider

Quote Originally Posted by xxx View Post

GREAT ARTICLE XXX

Axis
    3minutedrill.com

Quote Originally Posted by hockeytown11 View Post
    why is Crosby even in the same poll with the other two? Datsyuk and Zetterberg are both CLEARLY better leaders and players than Crosby.
    Thank you.

Sunday Rider

I put those 3 together because they are all in the same age bracket so to speak.