Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Troll warning

A premise of this forum is that players that use their brains can not only win at sports, but earn a good living at it. If you do not accept this premise, do not post in this forum. If you post "You cannot win with any method" or its equivalent, you maybe banned for trolling.

If you post something that I deem deliberately misleading to sabotage a new thread or idea, you maybe banned for trolling.

Hutennis and Chubnut have been warned repeatedly about this. They are both on a timeout. Repeat offenses will see longer timeouts.

Stay on topic, develop ideas, and make some money.
    Points Awarded:

downsouth gave Justin7 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

suicidekings gave Justin7 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

thom321 gave Justin7 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

pedro803 gave Justin7 2 SBR Point(s) for this post.

strixee gave Justin7 1 SBR Point(s) for this post.

Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 4 times . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: allin1, mathdotcom, Metanoia, and a4u2fear

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Glad to see some teeth being applied.

I might even post again.

ashleyg101
    Go, Fight, Win !
    ashleyg101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

First Post:
    It's better to post warnings like this, as we all know forum trolling
    is really known, may SBR be different right?? do I make sense?

HedgeHog
    HedgeHog's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 17045

I'm curious as to why similar protection hasn't been afforded to the S & I Forum? Might as well just rename it Players Talk II. Also, disallowing system players to post on various methods in this Forum is overly restrictive. Let them post and leave it to the readers/posters to determine if it's "data mining" or legit info.

wrongturn
    Update your status
    wrongturn's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3726

Although I totally disagree with Hutennis, I don't think he is deliberately misleading to sabotage. I believe he comes from an academic background (need peer review, need proof, a professor maybe?) and truly believes what he said. He is very stubborn for sure.

No need to ban "trolls" in this sub forum, because there is not much discussion here anyway.

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Quote Originally Posted by wrongturn View Post
    Although I totally disagree with Hutennis, I don't think he is deliberately misleading to sabotage. I believe he comes from an academic background (need peer review, need proof, a professor maybe?) and truly believes what he said. He is very stubborn for sure.

No need to ban "trolls" in this sub forum, because there is not much discussion here anyway.
    There is no point in having posters here who disagree with the entire premise of the subforum and enter every thread just to say "you can't infer anything from anything". Also, he is the biggest moron to have ever posted in HTT. Even worse than Wrecktangle.

Wrecktangle
    Wrecktangle's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3209

Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    There is no point in having posters here who disagree with the entire premise of the subforum and enter every thread just to say "you can't infer anything from anything". Also, he is the biggest moron to have ever posted in HTT. Even worse than Wrecktangle.
    Then again, probably won't -

mathdotcom
    mathdotcom's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1943

Chalk up another victory for the actual sharps

terminalgx
    terminalgx's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 16

hmmm, thats right

ashleyg101
    Go, Fight, Win !
    ashleyg101's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 36

Quote Originally Posted by terminalgx View Post
    hmmm, thats right
    After all the conversation, we only have this last reply..

Avskum
    Avskum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1055

For those of you rly making a living from betting on sports: making money from betting is alredy hard as it is but
    is limitations, closing of accounts, withdrawl/deposit limitations, max bet etc making it very hard? how do you solove this problem?

Sawyer
    Sawyer's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 6650

Quote Originally Posted by Avskum View Post
    For those of you rly making a living from betting on sports: making money from betting is alredy hard as it is but
    is limitations, closing of accounts, withdrawl/deposit limitations, max bet etc making it very hard? how do you solove this problem?
    1-Stick with A+ books such as pinnacle.
    2-Open multi accounts on square books for your dad, close friends etc. There was a bookie which offers AMAZING betting opportunities, fukkin great EV+ opportunities that you wont even feel the need for arbitrage, here's what I did: I opened 7 accounts; everyone with a different IP and a different name. It works great if you're a social person, lol.

Avskum
    Avskum's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1055

so betting low on several accounts, I see nice to use some bonuses aswell on those 7 accounts !
    If you dont live in the US there is about 10 books who offer £100 bonuses, 100x10x7= £ !!
    Last edited by Avskum; 09-24-12 at 07:52 PM.

probettor1
    probettor1's Avatar Become A Pro!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin7 View Post
    A premise of this forum is that players that use their brains can not only win at sports, but earn a good living at it. If you do not accept this premise, do not post in this forum. If you post "You cannot win with any method" or its equivalent, you maybe banned for trolling.

If you post something that I deem deliberately misleading to sabotage a new thread or idea, you maybe banned for trolling.

Hutennis and Chubnut have been warned repeatedly about this. They are both on a timeout. Repeat offenses will see longer timeouts.

Stay on topic, develop ideas, and make some money.
    This is fukking bullshit, 99% of gamblers lose money, telling a degener that he will lose no matter what is 99% true. Gambling is not only about making money, is also a hobbie. you are not worry about people trolling here, you are worry about books not getting enough action. Being disrespectul, using foul language and making up stories to humiliate another poster is trolling. The only time you step up to pull a ban is people saying gambling online is illegal and now this new shit. Unfortunally both are true. Every time I see a kid here destroying his life I will take the time to tell them how wrong they are. If it is the intention of this forum to brain wash kids and hide from them the sad truth that gambling should be use as a recreational hobbie for 99% of the people then I will be ashamed to be posting here. If freedom of speech is over here, then take the forum up your ass sucker.
    Last edited by probettor1; 09-24-12 at 10:32 PM.

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by mathdotcom View Post
    Chalk up another victory for the actual sharps
    mathdotcom you never post the picks were you are confident, you even got mad when one of your buddies here posted one of your good secret picks, you only post garbage picks that you lose most of the time and start boring and annoying threads. You are misleading to the sharps not a sharp.
    Last edited by probettor1; 09-24-12 at 11:00 PM.

PatrickBateman
    PatrickBateman's Avatar Become A Pro!

Thanks Justin7 for doing this. SO many people on this site enter into threads and just tell people they are stupid for just asking a question that veterans of sports betting know but newbies may not so much. Either give the person a helpful suggestion or just don't write anything. People are trying to use a collective conscious as an approach to win at sports bettings. No need to belittle them. I would say personally that mathdotcom is one of those people. I see him constantly come into threads and act like he is a genius and the rest of us are just beneath him. I get it your good at math/statistics, why the need to belittle others that might not be constantly?

probettor1

Quote Originally Posted by PatrickBateman View Post
    Thanks Justin7 for doing this. SO many people on this site enter into threads and just tell people they are stupid for just asking a question that veterans of sports betting know but newbies may not so much. Either give the person a helpful suggestion or just don't write anything. People are trying to use a collective conscious as an approach to win at sports bettings. No need to belittle them. I would say personally that mathdotcom is one of those people. I see him constantly come into threads and act like he is a genius and the rest of us are just beneath him. I get it your good at math/statistics, why the need to belittle others that might not be constantly?
    We are guys man, you see guys busting their balls each other all the time. This guy making fun of you might be giving you a lesson that might help you to see things better. You dont have to be so sensitive.
    If the forum really wants to avoid trolling the only thing that need to be done is giving poster the opportunity to do 2 or 3 personal warning to the trollers and if problem persists then report them to the mods. But most of the time you send a message to a poster to ask them to leave you along and it works.

probettor1

I hate to be threaten, and I hate to be told what to say and what not to say, is like Fideal Castro took over here. This was the only forum with freedom of speech in the entire web.The rest only care about marketing. Now justin will change it? I wont last too long here. How will be possible to be illegal to tell people they are going to lose. They are going to lose, 99% sure.

Vegas Hammer
    Vegas Hammer's Avatar Become A Pro!

Trolls....I love the term....

mmike032
    mmike032's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8274

does this include giving infractions banning other "sharp" players making a living that disagree/callout J7?

Justin7
    Justin7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1506

Quote Originally Posted by mmike032 View Post
    does this include giving infractions banning other "sharp" players making a living that disagree/callout J7?
    You're free to disagree with me or others. But stick to facts.

JBQB107
    JBQB107's Avatar Become A Pro!

did anyone think that uconn would win tonight?

Peregrine Stoop
    Peregrine Stoop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 779

is this the thread we post in to warn others we are a troll?

Peregrine Stoop
    Peregrine Stoop's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 779

guess not

theclutch7
    theclutch7's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 49

theclucth7

point your nose toward tru north off 7 deg.

Triumph
    Triumph's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 7720

On this subject of trolling ,someone should be trolling for scams like the betislands fiasco so we can get a little advanced warning.
    Last edited by Triumph; 01-11-13 at 11:45 AM.