Betpoints: 5179

Ron Jaworski ranks Mettenberger over Manziel, Bridgewater

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

Jaws has no clue LT if he did he would be a gm

He's just a good talker and sounds good
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: Da Manster!

Dirty Sanchez
    Two time SBR Academy Award winner
    Dirty Sanchez's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 26

Jaws is a Tool....an Ass Clown who's paid to make stupid comments and create a stir on the East coast Sports Propaganda Network

MiDNiTe
    MiDNiTe's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5520

mettenberger has imroved but he was a sucky player in his early years got to be a project player

Thor4140
    Thor4140's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22119

Jaws should break down some of his old films and he can find out why guys were pleading the coach to put in Randle. Jaworski was borderline awful. I use to love when he would duck if he was blitzed. Sometimes he would duck to soon and guys would run right passed him and he would look like a total tool sitting there duking with nobody around lmfao.

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2498

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez View Post
    Jaws is a Tool....an Ass Clown who's paid to make stupid comments and create a stir on the East coast Sports Propaganda Network
    this

Da Manster!
    Da Manster!'s Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 2498

Quote Originally Posted by Thor4140 View Post
    Jaws should break down some of his old films and he can find out why guys were pleading the coach to put in Randle. Jaworski was borderline awful. I use to love when he would duck if he was blitzed. Sometimes he would duck to soon and guys would run right passed him and he would look like a total tool sitting there duking with nobody around lmfao.
    first of all, the polish rifle was a decent QB in his own right....not great, but not too shabby either...you are being a tad overly critical...having said that, listening to him talk you'd think that he never threw an interception when he was playing!...

pavyracer
    MOLON LABE
    pavyracer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 316

Mettenberger is not even better than Murray who no one ranks. The team who drafts Murray will get him very cheap if they listen to these "experts".

crustyme
    dont i look killer?
    crustyme's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 39

not a popular opinion due to all the love affair with manzero........ but in 2-3 years teams that drafted manzero or bridgewater in the 1st rd will come to regret it. otoh team that drafted mettenberger in the 3rd will feel like they got a steal.

TheMoneyShot
    TheMoneyShot's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 23701

I agree Jaws is a clown most of the time...

But in all honesty... Mettenberger has more integrity out of the other 2. If all 3 were lined up... and I had the first pick. I'd pick Mettenberger for my longevity QB.

stealthyburrito
    Alien Robot Sex Party
    stealthyburrito's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 11653

Ohhh, how many hours of game film did he break down to reach this conclusion

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Why is he wrong?

If the NFL has taught us anything--- it is this.

QBs and where/how they are drafted are often wrong. NFL teams routinely miss on guys.

Tom Brady was a 6th round pick.

Todd Blackledge and Tony Eason were drafted before Dan Marino.

Joe Montana was a 3rd round pick.

Russell Wilson was a 3rd round pick, Ryan Tannehill was drafted ahead of him.

Drew Brees was a 2nd round pick.

Dan McGwire and Todd Marinovich were drafted ahead of Brett Favre.

Ralphie Halves
    Ralphie Halves's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 15060

Ron likes tall statue QBs because they look good on the film he watches. He's never been high on shorter, mobile QBs.

Bortles is Mettenberger without the bum knee and lunkhead persona. A good #1.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

A lot of people like Mettenberger, guys. CFN has him ranked pretty high.

Common ESPN backlash in here. Usually I'm right on board, but Jaworski has a reputation of watching more film than anyone in that company. He's one of the few on ESPN whose opinion I respect.

daneblazer
    Most Well Rounded POY
    daneblazer's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 5652

Quote Originally Posted by SamDiamond View Post
    Why is he wrong?

QBs and where/how they are drafted are often wrong. NFL teams routinely miss on guys.

Bit of a butterfly effect too. What if Montana was drafted by the Falcons? What if Aikman was drafted by the Bengals and didn't have all those weapons around him? What if someone like Jim Everett landed on the Cowboys with Emmit & Michael Irvin? So much of a Qbs success depends on environment
    Nomination(s):
    This post was nominated 1 time . To view the nominated thread please click here. People who nominated: BennyBigNuts

Roadtrip635
    Roadtrip635's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 21078

I think Jaws is suffering from some Post Concussion Syndrome

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by Da Manster! View Post
    first of all, the polish rifle was a decent QB in his own right....not great, but not too shabby either...you are being a tad overly critical...having said that, listening to him talk you'd think that he never threw an interception when he was playing!...
    Dude i watched for years a guy who always threw behind people, piss slow, and a turnover waiting to happen. His talent in no way would ever get a chance in this league now and that is saying a lot cause there are some shitty quarterbacks. I will give him this tho he was more accurate then that fraud Mcnab

Thor4140

Why is he wrong?

I doubt if anyone believes this but back when Brady was drafted i told my old man we fuked up taking Mcnab cause this Brady kid will be there when we pick and now we are stuck with Mcnab. Then round two comes and im stunned nobody has taken him yet. After round three i figured he had a lot of baggage or maybe a drug issues. The very next year i said the same thing to him about Drew Brees. Why the fuk isnt this guy being taken. I did have a stinker tho. I thought David Booty would make a good quarterback. I didn't know he would love the smoke more than Ricky Williams. These pro teams hire absolute jackasses to run their scouting departments. They need to get gamblers in those jobs. It takes a lot of gambling to know who fuking killed ur bet and who won it. You figure out who sucks and who is for real. Not these pussies who get the job because they know somebody.

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 249

Do you think Jaws really believes this or do you think he is working for an agent to get the kid a bigger contract ?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Jaws goes based on the tools the player has and how they fit into the typical pro style system. With that being his criteria, a guy like Manziel is never going to be that high up his list. Manziel is unconventional and really the biggest question mark to me of all the QBs. In the right system, he may thrive - but he's going to have to go to a team that buildings its offense around him and doesn't try to push him into their offense.

greenhippo
    greenhippo's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 723

I said it a few weeks ago the Texans should go Mack or JD and then go for a guy like Murray/Mett/McCarron. All worth that second round pick and have the size and arm strength to make a good impact.

Big Bear
    Love your neighbor
    Big Bear's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 14

Why is he wrong?

sharp as usual bruh.

FrozenMAN
    2020 Big Ten CHAMPS!
    FrozenMAN's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4112

mettenberger is solid dude...he's better than teddy..he's nfl size and similar in skill set and is white

InTheDrink
    Drinker of the Year
    InTheDrink's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 527

Why is he wrong?

i dont want to put words in your mouth but this is your evidence why mettenburger is better than manziel and bridge...because teams have been wrong before?

Ralphie1412
    You Come at the King You Best Not Miss
    Ralphie1412's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1209

Why would anyone listen to or repeat anything jaws has to say. Guy has been a walking punchline for a while now.

Frank Caliendos impression of him was awesome. He nailed it. Everyone is the next big thing to jaws. Hes awful.

Grits n' Gravy
    Bigdaddyqh diddles kids
    Grits n' Gravy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 41120

Quote Originally Posted by TheMoneyShot View Post
    I agree Jaws is a clown most of the time...

But in all honesty... Mettenberger has more integrity out of the other 2. If all 3 were lined up... and I had the first pick. I'd pick Mettenberger for my longevity QB.
    Integrity? And you know this how?

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by Grits n' Gravy View Post
    Integrity? And you know this how?
    Yeah, really. Dude plead guilty to two counts of sexual battery. He has integrity because he owned up to it?

Ralphie Halves

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    Do you think Jaws really believes this or do you think he is working for an agent to get the kid a bigger contract ?
    If there's one thing I know from watching the draft and following the NFL, it's that NFL front offices absolutely do not give a shit about what TV wonks have to say about draft prospects. They have their own guys and they trust them supremely. I've heard the agent/Kiper thing for years, and it never seems to add up.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Jaws is going to be a new man this year. Espn told him that he isn't bold enough, that he makes no controversy. He wont just agree with everyone this year he is going to be much different IMO

jjgold
    jjgold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 10

They just say it so people talk about it

In reality nobody knows who was going to be good in the NFL

unluckysob
    unluckysob's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 12702

Murray to the Saints---replaces Drew soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by pavyracer View Post
    Mettenberger is not even better than Murray who no one ranks. The team who drafts Murray will get him very cheap if they listen to these "experts".

Thor4140

Quote Originally Posted by greenhippo View Post
    I said it a few weeks ago the Texans should go Mack or JD and then go for a guy like Murray/Mett/McCarron. All worth that second round pick and have the size and arm strength to make a good impact.
    McCarron isnt even worth a six round pick.

ragman
    ragman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

I just wanted to point out that Manziel did about twice as much damage against the Bama defense as Mettenberger did. Just saying.

James Marques
    James Marques's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3692

Quote Originally Posted by Ralphie Halves View Post
    Yeah, really. Dude plead guilty to two counts of sexual battery. He has integrity because he owned up to it?
    I was just gonna say this. Spot on.

ragman
    ragman's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 184

These so-called experts don't know anything. I think it was former NYG QB, now CBS NFL analyst Phil Simms who said last year that he didn't like Andrew Luck's arm strength.

12 Last