EBDOG
    EBDOG's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1036

Fantasy Baseball

I have a draft tomorrow roto h2h. Scoring categories for pitchers is QS, L, Ks, ERA and WHIP. Start 2 SP, 2 RP, 4 P. Is the play to just draft two stud SP and then the rest relievers? I feel like relief pitchers dominate 4 of the 6 categories with this scoring system. Just want to see what everyone else thinks about this. Thanks for the help.

gryfyn1
    gryfyn1's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 48

I wouldn't even bother to draft pitchers anywhere near early.

SamDiamond
    SamDiamond's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 106

Quote Originally Posted by EBDOG View Post
    I have a draft tomorrow roto h2h. Scoring categories for pitchers is QS, L, Ks, ERA and WHIP. Start 2 SP, 2 RP, 4 P. Is the play to just draft two stud SP and then the rest relievers? I feel like relief pitchers dominate 4 of the 6 categories with this scoring system. Just want to see what everyone else thinks about this. Thanks for the help.
    Wins isn't a scoring category?

I like to get one Tier One guy (Kershaw-Verlander-Lee-Strasburg)---then add to them, but now-- you have guys like James Shields who are going to give you great numbers----without having to draft him in the first 3 rounds.

EBDOG

Wins is not a category. Not sure what they are doing, might be the worst categories I've ever played with.

iifold
    Update your status
    iifold's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1774

Wins is not a category. Not sure what they are doing, might be the worst categories I've ever played with.
    Looks like there is no reason to pick relievers... (Except to avoid losses)

You might want to get guys like Wacha and Cingrani who might be reliever eligible but are starters...

High3rEl3m3nt
    SBR's 7 figure Contractor
    High3rEl3m3nt's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 4134

what is the minimum innings of pitching required per week?

gryfyn1

QS is better than wins anyways; it rewards good pitchers as opposed to pitcher who play on teams with good offenses

EBDOG

Quote Originally Posted by High3rEl3m3nt View Post
    what is the minimum innings of pitching required per week?
    15 IP is the minimum

Andy117
    Andy117's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 25689

I only see 5 categories.

MrZ
    MrZ's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 73

How does your team look?

EaglesPhan36
    EaglesPhan36's Avatar Become A Pro!

Relief pitchers are death. H2H leagues are won on offense and SP. Relievers have minimal impact. I've had to learn this lesson after thinking I was in great shape with a bevy of closers. The rollercoaster nature of saves renders relievers as the worst investment to me. They may save you a few weeks, but more often they will kill you with inactivity or a blown save.

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    Relief pitchers are death. H2H leagues are won on offense and SP. Relievers have minimal impact. I've had to learn this lesson after thinking I was in great shape with a bevy of closers. The rollercoaster nature of saves renders relievers as the worst investment to me. They may save you a few weeks, but more often they will kill you with inactivity or a blown save.
    I learned this the hard way also. Relief does nothing for you in this situation. SP is going to be what gets you most of your pts

MikeTizzy
    Update your status
    MikeTizzy's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 54

honestly, pretty lame scoring system. but nevertheless, dont take pitchers early. Elite relief can be dugged properly during season when scouted.

gryfyn1

Quote Originally Posted by EaglesPhan36 View Post
    In this set up its not just about grabbing relievers for saves, there are lots of great set up men who will give you great numbers in ERA/WHIP/L categories