Otters27
    Otters27's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 170

Quote Originally Posted by Allure View Post
    They better don't waste their pick on that shitface Manziel.
    Manziel is not going to go #1. Who ever picks him will do so out of value. Hope he was a good career

dudekid
    the mon-fri fantasy guy
    dudekid's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 22

so many differing reports about manziel...top 5? first round? 2nd round? 3rd round?? (jaws)

Vinnie Paz
    Vinnie Paz's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 3413

Cassell signs on for 2 more years at minnesota, deal worth 10M

playersonly69
    playersonly69's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 142

Why is this even on the forum?

Robber
    Robber's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 92737

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    Why are you even on the forum? Stfu already

EmpireMaker
    EmpireMaker's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 249

Quote Originally Posted by playersonly69 View Post
    how dare we talk about sports on a sports betting forum .... the nerve

Otters27

Vikings get Cassel. AP wanted Mike Vick. they should have got Vick

Mitchell88
    Mitchell88's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 37

Quote Originally Posted by EmpireMaker View Post
    how dare we talk about sports on a sports betting forum .... the nerve
    seriously cant believe it.
    on another note, Manziel is generating way to much talk for who he is. I wish he just stayed in college. I just cant see him panning out as a NFL qb

LT Profits
    LT Profits's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 5179

Quote Originally Posted by Vinnie Paz View Post
    And la canfora is an idiot. Don't listen to any of his shit , throws out all kinds of stories on a regular basis in an attempt to be "that guy" that breaks the big news first. Wait till free agency starts and you'll see what I'm talking about
    Apparently! Guess we should put more stock in the other guy I quoted above (John McClain) when it comes to Texans news.

Wrigley
    Wrigley's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 9423

I think AP will be upset he wanted Vick

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 283

Schaub starts, Bortles back up

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    Schaub will probably be released

LT Profits

Quote Originally Posted by Mr KLC View Post
    From couple of days ago:

The Houston Chronicle's John McClain reports the Texans have been "thinking about" keeping Matt Schaub, but that he'd be "stunned" if they do.

McClain is Mr. Texan, so even an off-handed tweet on the matter is worth passing along. We'd be stunned, as well, while McClain talks as if it's a certainty that Houston will select a quarterback at No. 1 overall. According to McClain, the Texans may sign two veteran backups to mentor their first-rounder. Mar 6 - 1:19 PM ET

Mr KLC
    Mr KLC's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 283

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    Schaub will probably be released
    It depends if they can find anyone suitable to replace him. They already struck out with Cassell. Being a Texan fan, I would like if they could release him, so they have more salary cap space, but if they can't find a solid veteran, i think they're stuck with him for one more year.

Otters27

Shaub is washed out he had a good run for about 3-4 years but now if I were the texans I would just throw bortles in there.

EmpireMaker

Quote Originally Posted by Mitchell88 View Post
    seriously cant believe it.
    on another note, Manziel is generating way to much talk for who he is. I wish he just stayed in college. I just cant see him panning out as a NFL qb
    I don't see Manziel becoming a good NFL QB either, but he has his stock at a high level so he might as well cash in now, he could get hurt playing for free in college next year if he stayed

BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH
    BigdaddyQH's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 8638

The problem is obvious. Ther are a bunch of "maybe" QB's out there in the draft. No one wants to waiste a high pick on someone who may or may not turn out to be the real deal. If Houston is smart, they trade down to get extra draft picks. Cleveland is the obvious trading partner unless they are not concerned about which one of three QB's available in the draft they get. They will get either Bridgewater, Bortles, or Manziel at #4. With the Rams at #2 and uninterested in a QB, that leaves Houston and Jacksonville as the two teams ahead of Cleveland who may draft a QB in their first round.

BigSpoon
    Henlo
    BigSpoon's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 65573

Quote Originally Posted by BigdaddyQH View Post
    The problem is obvious. Ther are a bunch of "maybe" QB's out there in the draft. No one wants to waiste a high pick on someone who may or may not turn out to be the real deal. If Houston is smart, they trade down to get extra draft picks. Cleveland is the obvious trading partner unless they are not concerned about which one of three QB's available in the draft they get. They will get either Bridgewater, Bortles, or Manziel at #4. With the Rams at #2 and uninterested in a QB, that leaves Houston and Jacksonville as the two teams ahead of Cleveland who may draft a QB in their first round.
    Or they could just take Clowney at #1 and see what him and Watt can do against opposing QB's.

Cross
    Cross's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 9269

He is so overhyped, what's just hope he is above average.

EmpireMaker

Quote Originally Posted by LT Profits View Post
    From couple of days ago:

The Houston Chronicle's John McClain reports the Texans have been "thinking about" keeping Matt Schaub, but that he'd be "stunned" if they do.

McClain is Mr. Texan, so even an off-handed tweet on the matter is worth passing along. We'd be stunned, as well, while McClain talks as if it's a certainty that Houston will select a quarterback at No. 1 overall. According to McClain, the Texans may sign two veteran backups to mentor their first-rounder. Mar 6 - 1:19 PM ET
    Schaub was awful last year I think that they will cut him and roll with a fresh QB whomever that will be (not Manziel )

Arky
    Arky's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 18880

I'm a long time Houstonian. What has been said in this thread is pretty close to what's happening here.

McClain has his detractors here in Houston but he's usually not far off the mark. I'm fine with him and he's usually the go-to guy when the NFLN wants to know what's up with the Texans.

Schaub gave the Texans some good years but jumped the shark starting in late 2012. Quite a few blame the degenerative condition of the lis franc injury he sustained a couple of years ago. I think he created too much ill will among the fanbase (and team brass) by single-handedly blowing so many games last year, that he won't be back. JMO.

At this point in time, Clowney is looking like the "safe" pick. A certain local faction wants Manziel. I love Manziel but not at 1.1. I *do* think he won't make it out of the 1st round, however.....

Bortles, Bridgewater, trade-down - those are all options being discussed on the local sports-talk radio. Still two months to the draft - things can change.....

JBQB107
    JBQB107's Avatar Become A Pro!

I still don't know why teams gamble on guys like Matt Cassel. Clearly it was just the Pats offense that allowed him to succeed. So the real question is does that take away from Brady's legacy? (Clearly not - still won the big games). That's not here nor there. I am not sold on any of the QB's this year, but I find myself saying that every year.

First 12