brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Can Kellen Moore Be a Good NFL QB???

I realize he's short and doesn't have the strongest arm in the world, but he's no shorter than drew brees and arm strength is something that a lot of guys can improve (look at brady's arm strength compared to when he first started)

His QB intangibles are absolutely impeccable and he's got phenomenal accuracy. I've seen him make perfect throws between 3 defenders that I don't think any other college QB can consistently make

He plays the QB position at college kinda like how Peyton Manning plays the QB position in the pros. It's just a real shame he's not 6'5 with a stronger arm because I think he's got better intangibles and accuracy than even Andrew Luck

jspectyper
    jspectyper's Avatar Become A Pro!

I think he's got a shot at being good at the next level. Funny you mention his height and drew brees because I thought of that analogy as well.

hkssupra69
    hkssupra69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1266

the only thing he needs to fix is his slow release and he should have a decent career

PhillyeagleIrish
    PhillyeagleIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Slow release, short, no arm strength, not mobile, Great intangibles, I'd say very accurate. Won't be a star could get an opportunity as a starter after being in the league a few years but I see him as a career backup type. I enjoy watching him play at Boise FWIW, just do not see in him what I see in Luck and Barkley, And what I have seen in Bradford, Stafford, and a few others. I'd say 3-5th round pick unless he somehow wows in pre draft workouts.

brahmabull117
    brahmabull117's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 42

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyeagleIrish View Post
    Slow release, short, no arm strength, not mobile, Great intangibles, I'd say very accurate. Won't be a star could get an opportunity as a starter after being in the league a few years but I see him as a career backup type. I enjoy watching him play at Boise FWIW, just do not see in him what I see in Luck and Barkley, And what I have seen in Bradford, Stafford, and a few others. I'd say 3-5th round pick unless he somehow wows in pre draft workouts.

he's an absolute joy to watch play the QB position and seems like a very nice guy off the field

it's just a shame he doesn't have better natural talent

hkssupra69
    hkssupra69's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 1266

i think his intangibles will make him good. to be honest, I never thought much of Stafford or Ryan in college but their careers are starting to take off. I see much more in Moore than those 2 ever showed and I know he will get picked up in the draft. hope to see him play for many more years in the nfl and possibly be the next Favre

CBASS
    BUCK FAMA
    CBASS's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 815

This is a great thread. I'm glad others have noticed how good KM is. If you notice which qb's sustain the longest careers in the NFL, it is always the smarter and more accurate ones. All the intangibles can only take you so far...ie..Jamarcus Russell, Akili Smith, Ryan Leaf, Tim Couch.... I think KM has a great chance of making it as a starter in the NFL. Accuracy and good decision making trump everything else.

Retrospect
    Retrospect's Avatar Become A Pro!

You know ppl are always asking what's my favor team? I'm like whoever make me the money..hahah but hey for sure Boise St is my favor right now because of Moore..

agharah1
    agharah1's Avatar SBR PRO
    Betpoints: 1191

Its all about deep ball accuracy.

PhillyeagleIrish
    PhillyeagleIrish's Avatar Become A Pro!
    Betpoints: 66

Been watching Kellen a little during this game, he's had a few very good throws some good out routes where the ball has been right on target and he has shown some good arm strength. He has also had a few throws where it looks like he is throwing off his back foot which would need to be corrected. All in all i still see low second to 4th round pick, but that doesn't mean he can't be a succesful qb in the NFL.